Remove bots

Right but they have some criteria in their randomness to go by which means if they do their diligence it could be balanced better later. I don’t think they get the best feedback though from players.

Happens often some bots are just better killers. Normally for me it’s issues with the lasers or retcher bots.

1 Like

Those and slow cannon bots that barely leave their spawn, they will ping anything they can see across maps. We once had 2 dual mammoths on Crater and I knew we won. They literally couldn’t fight us without the bot’s mammoths absolutely slapping them across the map while we just killed their 2 trash shotgun bots that went to the cap point.

Those slow ones are sometimes avoidable though. Like you mention the crater map the upper ridge isn’t 100% visible to any of the bots already on the slopes which is often where they position themselves for the better shoot angles.

I really like rushing back there to try to take out cannon builds. There are times I do get clobbered rushing back there alone though. It’s normally the turret cannons that put up a bit more resistance.

I think that’s an issue of their poor combat logic. I do think players would complain more if they cracked up their skill levels though. It’s not as big of a deal with long range bots as they can use the distance to mask the lack of targeting discretion though it still happens with them too.

There’s lots of things I think could be point at in bot behaviors that could be fixed. A prime example is mandrakes firing off in enclosed areas like caves. They more then likely have an exact location of where they are aiming at the time but nothing is reporting to them there is an obstacle in the firing path above them. Non of them seem to consider range advantage when maneuvering. You know how a player might make rushing and ellipse passes when attacking. Similarly there isn’t much in terms of dmg avoidance I sometimes get into cannon spamming matches with cannons across some of the maps. When they get hit they often just sit there to be hit again where as most players would move even just a little.

I don’t think that’s really grounds for removal though I do think they need to be worked on some more. I also think they are better now then they were a few years ago though.

2 Likes

I used to hate the bots, but learned to love them once I invented some lore to support them.
In my personal Crossout universe, humans are in short supply, so we augment our team with vehicles driven by AI. Unfortunately, like in real life, AI isn’t actually very good, so the bots sometimes hug walls, while other times become perfect snipers.
It’s our job as humans to use our own bots as effectively as possible, and to quickly take out the enemy AI.

1 Like

Perhaps its because the humans have been drinking too many lead flavored milkshakes with their salty treats while coding them…

1 Like

Exactly! Like do we really expect Firestarters and Lunatics to have access to good AI code? No, they would cobble together something basic, maybe using old game consoles as their CPU.

1 Like

personally i like play against bots much more than some players…
:wink:

2 Likes

The best PVP Missions have 8 bots out of 16!

From you side you mean only in PVP should be players not bots? But what I see the bigest problem of modern game is crossplay because console players often using aim assist and we can say its similar like aimbot. OK game can be played on console, pc but only that pc play with pc players and console play with console players.It should not be mixed because it make rage and just often dissatisfaction at players.