Road to Singularity UI changes

They just keep making things worse with each update, that’s become the norm by now. If this game dies someday I can have a hearty laugh about it and hope the people in charge of this game never find further employment

I really think they should fire whoever’s Idea changing the UI every goddam patch.

THE GODDAM UI IS FINE. STOP WASTING RESOURCES F*CKING IT UP. SPEND THE DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES ON OTHER SHIZ LIKE BEING ABLE TO MIRROR PLACEMENT OF PARTS.

Yes. I am pissed any time they change the button layout. I don’t give a goddamm rat’s ass that you can spend an hour changing it back.

I went ahead and did a charge back on this BP and bought Diablo IV. If I have to learn new UI’s it might as well be on a new game.

I AM DONE PAYING FOR UI CHANGES.

Edit: They should fire whoever is Ok’ing these changes.

2 Likes

I disagree, I like the change and if you’re not used to it then play some more time and maybe you’ll like it because the change is really more intuitive

I’m missing half my hand. Any time they change the button mapping, I have to relearn how to roll my hand, push the trigger against my leg etc. (yes I remapped the buttons, but why? they could have left them mapped to the same keys)
I would trade ALL the UI changes from the last two changes for the ability to mirror part placement during building.

Like I stated, I would rather play a new game if I have to learn a new UI.

I am glad you like it though!

1 Like

Well, for me, I didn’t feel bad in the build

Hope you don’t get a market ban.

I also hate the changes to build mode.

1 Like

The new menu structure used in the build feature reminds me of an art program. I can’t say I have any issues with it, and it already seems familiar (because it looks like an art program), but I don’t see how it was a good use of man-hours. Especially for a game with as many neglected features that need attention as this one has, like Adventure Mode, Coupons, Shell Casings, Maps, the Arothron, Corvo, Tracks, Clan Wars, Raids, etc… It’s not much of an improvement, if it is at all, IMO. It wasn’t broken and literally nobody asked for this, or even considered it.

However, what I think is going on is an update to developer software, possibly in preparation for what is predictably the future of computing and operating systems. Also, it’s possible that compatibility may be an issue they are confronting in regards to Cross-platform game-play that people are actually asking for. This new interface may be laying the foundation for that.

IDK. It could be they just bought new software from their sister’s husband’s cousin, and now they need to find an excuse to use it, or maybe it’s just “Job-security” for the owner’s sister-in-law. IJDK.

Oh (I keep forgetting), I have to say, I do like the new sound effects that are being used in the build feature. I have actually begged for that in the past, so I’m glad for that.

1 Like

I bet it was a huge improvement for phone/steamdeck/handheld users with touch screens.

I still do not understand why the keybinds have to change. It makes zero sense not to just leave them assigned to what they were assigned to.

3 Likes

Me 2 Specially That Parts Window on LEFT :rage:You Need To Change (Sort Type) 2 Times Now lol and Sensitivity Change Self by Dragging Parts :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Amen

Amen… again.

Even with both hands, this crap is annoying. Props to you for being able to play with fewer digits.
I may have mentioned I have a buddy who plays XO one-handed due to a stroke he had mid-heart surgery.

Friggin’ amazing.