Small update, 31.08.2023

I’m afraid this is where I’ll be for the foreseeable future.

Honest question… why was that too much?

I say that because it’s pretty clear they don’t read the forum, don’t read the comments to their own FaceBook posts, and that Faley dude over on Reddit apparently is only half tuned it. How else do you communicate your displeasure if not in reviews?

FWIW, if today’s update had been anything but a load of trash for solo players, I’d have updated my Steam review to positive (maybe). As is, I hope people keep tanking the reviews on there. I don’t simply want that out of rage or whatever, but because I’d hate for someone to waste time getting into this game thinking it’s not P2W, which… after the updates… I feel it is.

You’re free to disagree, but that’s my take.

1 Like

Because reviews make it look like it’s bad game. Which is still isn’t even with reduced grind output. Scares off new players which isn’t good for anyone still playing the game.

Not really.
It’s… better put this way -
Capture2

It still isn’t. But it’s pay to grind for sure… but then, what MMO isn’t?

1 Like

I suppose this is where we differ.
I’m not going to try to convince you, just explain my reasoning…

If the direction a game is going is straight towards pay to win, that makes it a bad game to get invested in to me.

This game is a different game to different people, and these updates look very different to different people.

Just look at the different takes here on this forum. The dudes with all the toys are the ones most forgiving of the “pay to grind” as you put it. Everyone else seems to think it rightly sucks.

So, to a veteran, this is probably still a pretty good game. And yeah, I’m far enough along with enough resources that I could still have a ton of fun in the game.

As a new player, though? No chance. This is a TERRIBLE game for a new player. The only feasible way to advance at any enjoyable pace is to pay a sh!t-ton of cash. Any new player would be better off just buying a $70 AAA game & staying far away from XO.

Jbrider made a video showing how he’d started a new account to see how it would be for a new player… he even paid for the two battle passes & came up a loser. Being that he already knows the ins & outs of the game better than most anyone suggests he probably faired better than most anyone with his little new account.

So, yeah… running off new players is exactly why the negative reviews need to be posted.

I’m more loyal to other PEOPLE than I am this game, any game, or certainly the ^*&@! developers of CrossOut.

2 Likes

A good game managed by a bad company with the intention of scamming people is not a “good game” for the consumer.

1 Like

It feels like they didn’t want to admit their error but by returning back a third or whatever of what they took away they’re hoping to mollify us annoying solo players who refuse to join the Collectives aka clans/bands.

3 Likes

What error? This was all on purpose

Sadly people will return even though they shouldn’t afraid to lose what little scraps they’ve been given

2 Likes

I think people need to compare what they previously grinded with what they currently can, rather than worry about whether people in a big clan can grind more than a solo player.
Being on a clan always improved the grind, and that’s the whole point. There should be a disparity there.
Looking at this update, I could still grind as much solo as I did before, but will get more now that I made a small band. That seems fair to me.

Of course things are probably different for people that grinded the weekly challenges harder before. I was never going to do lots of raids or adventure to get the badges, so my weekly badge totals were never high. I guess if you used to get a lot of rewards for playing raids, the new system must feel like a letdown, but it always seemed weird to me that doing lots of PVE could get you lots of badges.

1 Like

As soon as anyone reads the words “Free to Play” on any game they need to realize they are in for a wild and long ride OR they are going to have to give up some cash.

It’s just how it works.

One time payed games are cheeper then “Free to Play” in the long run.

I’m guessing that for some people this is their first Rodeo with a “Free” game.

2 Likes

3 Likes

This is a great change.

1 Like

This is bullshit, and one just needs to take a look at LoL or PoE, two of the most successful and longest-lasting f2p games ever, to realize that quality game → scummy tactics. Assuming you have the talent to go for quality, of course.

I’d also like to point out that literally nobody ever complained about PoE selling cosmetics for 60€+. Because? Yeah, because the game is good and devs have some work ethics and respect for their consumers.

On that subject, I spent 150€ over like 3 years on LoL, purely on cosmetics. Spent 60€ on XO over 5 years. All the players who quit this game before engi level 30 because of the surreal grind? Targem’s loss, really.

6 Likes

Anyone can find needles in the hay stack.

But for the most part “Free to Play” games are not free.

But let’s get back on topic.

“Love the new patch”

Yeah it’s really easy to find the “needles” in the hay stack when the needles have 10 times the player count of all the hay strands together… It’s more like, you have to squint really hard to notice crap like XO between the good f2p games.

2 Likes

I still appreciate good work modeling and programming department put into. And as long as pvp balance is tolerable the game is pretty ok, even if grind seems slow, it’s not like anyone in a hurry.
I played a few MMO considered to be successful to know they played even dirtier tricks and still got on with it. The main anchor of the game is it’s complicated car constructor that surprisingly not so much boys want and can tinker with.

Why are you even here with that attitude? Being a reasonable person you should have left game and forum if you despise it so much.

That’s pretty much BS by itself.

I have one only reason keeping me here and respecting game for what it is. It has no viable alternatives. All this talks of robocraft… ughh I’d rather play minecraft.

The gaslighting is real. That vid is an epic metaphor for what’s going on with this forum…or is it Legendary? I can’t tell the difference (sorry, inside joke. I’m teasing one of the regulars).

3 Likes

lol u clown whining about whiners! get over this forum topic, bro . :wink:

2 Likes

I figured that response was coming sooner or later.

I mentioned a week or so ago that I love the game, and have hopes they’ll fix it. In that, I am still checking out their social media sites for news… which is why I’m here. I popped in earlier this week, and popped in this morning after the update.

Robocraft is pretty lame by my standards. The new one is very different, but the same… more “realistic” looking for sure, but still has serious TRON vibes. CrossOut could learn a thing or two from it. I’m not trying to evangelize on behalf of that game. It’s not even a game right now. It’s barely a sandbox.

1 Like

:upside_down_face: :popcorn:

3 Likes

‘at least share with us’

3 Likes

‘this quote would be better if it read this way’…

“I pooped earlier this week, and pooped this morning after the update”.

:crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :shushing_face: :kissing_heart:

sorry i’m dyslexic… :upside_down_face:

4 Likes