Small update, 31.08.2023

Hello!

In this small update, we have reworked the new system of clan challenges and added special challenges for those players who are not members of a clan or band. Please note that the total amount of Engineer badges that can be earned for all clan and personal challenges has increased.

Changes in clan challenges

ATTENTION! Clan challenges will be updated on September 3, at 16:00 GMT!

Changed the list of clan challenges. Clan challenges and rewards now look like this:

“Unknown” league

• as a clan, deal 300000 damage in missions, brawls or raids. Reward: 50 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, win 40 battles in missions or brawls. Reward: 50 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, win 20 battles in raids. Reward: 50 Engineer badges for each player. Can now also be completed in the “Invasion” mode.

“Recognized” league

• as a clan, deal 2000000 damage in missions, brawls or raids. Reward: 50 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, win 200 battles in missions or brawls. Reward: 50 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, win 40 battles in raids. Reward: 50 Engineer badges for each player. Can now also be completed in the “Invasion” mode.

League “Renowned”

• deal 6000000 damage in missions, brawls or raids. Reward: 50 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, win 500 battles in missions or brawls. Reward: 50 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, win 100 battles in raids. Reward: 50 Engineer badges for each player. Can now also be completed in the “Invasion” mode.
  • as a clan, destroy 150 enemies in clan confrontation. Reward: 100 Engineer badges for each player.

“Famous” league

• as a clan, deal 10000000 damage in missions, brawls or raids. Reward: 100 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, win 800 battles in missions or brawls. Reward: 100 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, win 150 battles in raids. Reward: 100 Engineer badges for each player. Can now also be completed in the “Invasion” mode.
  • as a clan, destroy 400 enemies in clan confrontation. Reward: 250 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, destroy 350 opponents in clan wars. Reward: 350 Engineer badges for each player. The challenge can now also be completed in “Confrontation”.

“Legendary” league

• as a clan, deal 15000000 damage in missions, brawls or raids. Reward: 150 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, win 1000 battles in missions or brawls. Reward: 150 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, win 250 battles in raids. Reward: 150 Engineer badges for each player. Can now also be completed in the “Invasion” mode.
  • as a clan, destroy 800 enemies in clan confrontation. Reward: 400 Engineer badges for each player.
  • as a clan, destroy 700 enemies in clan wars. Reward: 600 Engineer badges for each player. The challenge can now also be completed in “Confrontation”.

New challenges for solo players

You can complete these challenges either as a member of a clan/band or not. Each player has their own progress in completing such challenges. Even if the player is a member of a clan/band, there will be no common progress among all members of the clan/band in completing these challenges.

ATTENTION! Weekly challenges will start on September 4 at 00:00 GMT!

Daily challenges chain

• Complete 20 daily challenges. Reward: 100 Engineer badges.
  • Complete 25 daily challenges. Reward: 200 Engineer badges.

Invasion and raids chain

• Achieve 4 victories in any raid or in the “Invasion” mode. Reward: 50 Engineer badges.
  • Win 5 battles in medium or hard raids or in “Invasion” mode. Reward: 100 Engineer badges.

Scrap metal missions chain

• Win in “Get the scrap metal!” 5 times. Reward: 40 Engineer badges.
  • Win in “Get the scrap metal!” 10 times. Reward: 50 Engineer badges.
  • Win in “Get the scrap metal!” 15 times. Reward: 60 Engineer badges.

Wires missions chain

• Win in “Get the wires!” 5 times. Reward: 40 Engineer badges.
  • Win in “Get the wires!” 8 times. Reward: 50 Engineer badges.
  • Win in “Get the wires!” 10 times. Reward: 60 Engineer badges.

Batteries missions chain

• Win in “Get the batteries!” 5 times. Reward: 40 Engineer badges.
  • Win in “Get the batteries!” 8 times. Reward: 50 Engineer badges.
  • Win in “Get the batteries!” 10 times. Reward: 60 Engineer badges.

Other challenges

• Dismantle or discard 5 parts of any rarity. Reward: 100 Engineer badges.
  • Earn 10000 effectiveness in brawls. Reward: 100 Engineer badges.

As a result, the total amount of Engineer badges that can be earned for all challenges (clan and solo) has increased from 3450 pcs. to 4000 pcs.

Changes aimed at combating unfair play within a clan/band

• Now, in case of moving to another clan/band, after some time a player has an opportunity to continue earning the rating in the current season. A player can find out how much time is left before the block is lifted by moving the cursor over his nickname in the clan/band list.
  • Now, if a player leaves a clan/band or is kicked out, then the activity and the “Confrontation” rating earned by that player disappears not only for the player, but also for the clan/band.
  • When a player moves to another clan/band, the clan challenges that have already been completed by the player in the current season in another clan/band (but the required league hasn’t been reached) are reset and no reward is issued for them (even if the new clan is in the required league).
  • Players who leave a clan/band will no longer see the “Confrontation” rating in the general clan list.
  • A player who has moved to another clan/band cannot be rewarded again for a challenge that has already been completed in the current season in the previous clan/band and for which a reward has already been received.

Other changes and fixes

• Now in PvP missions, the player earns 2 times more “Confrontation” rating than before.
  • Patches can now be earned in the “Confrontation” mode.
  • Improved a number of in-game texts.
5 Likes

I think they are still missing some of the point that some PVE players want their Raid badges…

6 Likes

This is already a win :+1: :muscle:

2 Likes

Haha yeah good joke

I’ll copypaste what I said on Reddit:

Some miserable half-way solution just like I expected. It’s twice less badges for solo and we are supposed to be happy to have even that, so nice targem. Could have made it 1:1 ration solo+clan, but no, it’s 1:3.1 ratio in favor of clans. Meh.

Capture

2 Likes

With their favorite flavor of “improvement” none asked for.

2 Likes

It’s just kind of sad that they can’t listen to players even when players tell them what they want.

1 Like

They can’t even leave be what been working perfectly.

5 Likes

To be fair we did say there was no reason to join clan outside of clanwars and we did ask for stuff like clan raids. I’m not defending them but I can see where some of these changes could fit in to that type of concept.

1 Like

All that turned into confrontation mode. Which is well met thing, even though there shouldn’t be time cooldown and should be plastic/electronics as reward, not scrap that active players farm to limit in first 2 days of the week.
And they also partially solved issue of clan parties harassing pvp.
But in terms of badges rework, like wtf?

1 Like

Whine, whine, whine.

Get over it.

1 Like

I got over having no badges at all.
Just stating it is still dick move for devs.
Taking something and giving back half of it and expecting everyone to be thankful.
Besides less income is still bad thing.

This is unfortunate. Some will salvage white decor just for the 100 badges. The increasing prices won’t be as bad as the reduced availability. This challenge should be removed, or replaced with “Craft 5 items.”

New players will now be able to earn the around 90K badges required for unlocking all badge exchange parts in a little over 6 months, which can be seen as some improvement from the system that was in place for years.

When regular PvP teams on the consoles were reduced to 6v6, the developers promised that wouldn’t happen to the PC. But now we’re being not-so-gently encouraged to play 4v4 in Confrontation. My understanding of the situation:

1. Clan whales wanted easier targets to shoot at, so that they wouldn’t have to constantly fight similarly well equipped other whales.
  2. The developers used badges to give them easier targets, which works similarly to a rumored hidden aspect of the 50/50 matchmaker used for PvP. Someone told me that buying a premium results in being put on better teams in regular PvP, which I haven’t been able to confirm (because I haven’t spent any money here). (In which case it wouldn’t be a true 50/50 system, if it’s skewed by buying a premium. Supposedly that’s how it works in War Thunder.) At any rate, a similar effect should be occuring in Confrontation, as well as Clang Wars - with the arrival of fresh meat to be shot at by the established clan whales. In the sense of new players being at a disadvantage.
  3. New players now have more ‘incentive’ to spend money on Crossout, at least to be more effective in Confrontation.
  4. Clan membership will make them feel an obligation to their clan to grind weekly challenges. As well as an obligation to retain their membership by staying active in clan battles. Which should improve player retention.
  5. 4v4 battles require more skill, so new players should now get better faster.
  6. I seem to already notice worse average skill levels in regular PvP, which would be caused by better organized and better skilled players focusing on Confrontation battles. But if similar amounts of Confrontation rating points can now be earned in regular PvP, maybe that will improve. The added solo challenges for PvP should help.
  7. Will teams in regular PvP be reduced, once Confrontation becomes a well-established mode? Many players wouldn’t mind there being teams of 4 in every mode, after getting used to it in Confrontation or Clang Wars battles. Which would mean faster queueing for NA. But it would be a major change to Crossout’s core gameplay, which is random 8v8 PvP. If such a change would result in more revenue and/or savings, it could happen. I could build for and learn to play 4v4, but I prefer 8v8. There’s more to do, it’s more fun. Smaller teams narow down the range of effective vehicles and tactical options. Maybe unless playing in a well-organized group using Discord, and wearing interconnected haptic G-suits, live-streaming to one another in 4K, with additional full olfactory and gustatory feedback. BTW, I hear that’s practically a requisite for the Diamond league these days. Chief developer Alex needs you for Clang Wars. Join now!

Losing the weekly badge challenges has been a liberating experience. Even after getting some of that back, maybe I won’t care as much about grinding for badges anymore. After all, it’ll be around the value of 200 plastic.

1 Like

I kind of agree that the white decor will probably be savagely sacrafied off for that. Which kind of sucks as the decor system as a whole could use a lot of work. It’s one of the sadder aspects of the crafting system right now.

On some of your other points:

I never went along with the idea of it being 50/50 my ratios tend to be way more off then that day to day and week to week. As far as feeding the whales goes that’s hard to say. I do think confrontation could be a useful IV drip for CW but I hardly ever pay attention to that mode beyond what players are talking about it. The only way I would really pay attention to it is if they did more PS brackets for fairer fights. I’m not even that intested in the relics either so there’s no draw for me into that portion of the game, maybe if they started adding other types of relic parts I might find something I really wanted.

I think some of this could be the influx of pve and art builders that never really bothered with pvp before. It’s hard to say though. There’s a lot of build errors that you could get away with in patrol that is just bad for pvp useage.

1 Like

2 Likes

It was an ill conceived concept in the first place, IMO, and a pity they spent so many man hours wasted on this feature, when they could have done something far more interesting and less disturbing to the overall game economy and its mechanics with all that effort.

I’m glad they walked it back some, I hope it works better, but I could have easily lived without any of it. In fact I was already planning on doing so, but now I’ll wait and see how it goes.

I think I missed the part where they widened access to confrontation mode? As it sits, this feature is masochistic FOMO, and I plan on just ignoring it. I hope to be able to ignore it all. If I can, I will.

In other words: “Great update! Thanks, Devs.”

1 Like

So? If it’s not the first time there’s no point talking about?
The whine wave at least got half of it back.
Ow, I forgot… most people on forum here stopped playing long ago and more interested discussing each other.

1 Like

4 Likes

I fully support you with your fight, dont be mad at me. I posted that meme bc this whole situation reminds me when the devs changed weeklies first time and they robbed us from good amount of resources.

Sometimes I still play, sitting here waiting for better days :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Not really my fight. I’m fine with and without badges. But I’d rather prefer them be. I support the whole redit hate wave they have… but steam reviews… That’s too much, and I don’t know how and why xo has anything to do with steam at all, but that surely did caught some dev attention, so maybe it was worth it.