Spiders need to avoid Thor

This morning, I started a battle with a triple Stillwind build. I started getting into it with a Kaiju spider. You know the build. Humpback/Machinist/Cohort/Bastion Kaiju, Onamori, 8 Bigram legs, a Goliath Track or a grinder, 5000 ish HP. I got a couple of solid hits into his side, popped his generator and he left the match.

The problem here is that when a heavy cab is paired with a Kaiju, when it loses its generator, it goes deadstick because the cabin does not have enough energy to fire a Kaiju.

This happens quite often and is a recurring event when facing big spiders. They lose their generator and that 5000 hp goes up in smoke. The problem is, on Xbox, people are getting hip to this and start shooting into the rear of the spider’s cabin as a huge shortcut to killing it. I think that every heavy cab user should reconsider his priorities and mount the Apollo instead of Thor and armor the crud out of it.

2 Likes

It might be because that is all they have.

I do agree that Heavy cabin spiders do not have a shortage of weight limit, so Apollo is better in many if not most cases.

1 Like

It’s not just an issue with spiders: I’ve been very surprised at how many builds I’m popping generators on with one cannon volley. I’d say I’m actually seeing the issue more on hovers, although spiders are also juicy targets.

2 Likes

I’m still using mainly Apollo.

Thor doesn’t have attachment points to help spread my build out. The more I use it, the less I like it.

2 Likes

I have found success with Thor in scraping together an extra 700 kgs in weight to bunker in fragile guns in hover builds with tonnage problems, but it is a calculated risk. I don’t trust Thor outside of that circumstance. Thor does great against machine guns because it is very hard to hit, but it has some real problems avoiding blast damage.

1 Like

I have been meaning to rebuild a Lance build with Thor.

Seems like a suitable build for a low durability Genny.

3 Likes

Put it on a stick in the front as one of the lances. Or maybe put it on a rift in the back to shed after you pop some lances.

3 Likes

This is how my current hybrid Lance/Harvester/flash builds are made.

I’ll continue with that.

1 Like

So far I’ve only used Thor buried deep inside heavy builds, and I haven’t had too much trouble with it blowing up.
But I’m really taking care to hide it well behind things with a lot of HP.

2 Likes

You should post a link to one of those… I’m curious. :grinning:

Same… wide low builds work great with it. I don’t think I’ve killed by my Thor yet.

2 Likes

No Problems with my Spider Kaiju with the Thor. First trick is not to Flash your generator in Public…things get popped that way :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah. That goes for all of Crossout. If you’re taking shots into your backside, you deserve what you get.

4 Likes

I would have to agree. Most of my builds if you get behind me im screwed.

There are reasons fighting vehicles usually have most of the armor on the front.

3 Likes

Thor is to fragile for my tastes.

1 Like