Supercharged 2.0 made wheel builds garbage

I am confused by that. Red hot and hardcore are no energy, and pretty useful.
Or do you mean we need another no-energy engine? If so, my vote is for an electric engine, which gives an acceleration curve like hovers for only ground builds. (Hovers are jets, so won’t benefit from electric power)
I would also take a no-energy engine that gives a moderate boost to speed, tonnage, mass limit, and no perk. Just a workhorse engine.

Might also be nice to have some engines with reload boosts again. Even if it costs an energy point, it could be worth it.

1 Like

The whole game is garbage right now cause you can’t even get onto it and when you do it’s for one to two matches then crash …

That sounds good to me.

I prefer boring old Wheels over any other movement parts. So, I feel the pain.

I have a couple of coping mechanisms since the updates.

I keep on the go more than I ever did, and I keep my speed higher than I used to. For example, I am more likely to do a handbrake u-turn than attempt at three point turn. Starting and stopping it’s just too slow now.

I adjusted the melee on the front of my wheeled builds to reflect the reality that some of the melee weapons don’t actually do any melee damage at all. I also mounted some of it higher to catch hovers. I’m finding hitting enemies with a high speed glancing blow works a lot better than full on frontal impact.

As a result, I have been taking more damage to the front of the car. With the changes in Mass distribution physics, this made my builds get out of balance fairly quickly. So, I have moved more armor to the front and less mass in the rear.

I am also trying my best to keep my weapons so they can fire frontwards and rearwards equally effectively. When the frontal armor is all but gone, I will then turn the truck around and attack in reverse. Sounds silly, but it works.

2 Likes

I do enjoy the wheels more with the change. It has more skid and drift. I can make a much more turn with less spaces. This work better with short barrel and/or fast turn weapon, which is what I like more. The same I can say with the track builds too.

3 Likes

I do use 6 wheels. The center wheels are normal unturn-able ones. It drive almost same as 4 wheels, but are more stable.

1 Like

I was a tank mechanic in the army for some years when I was younger and their is a reason that tanks only put heavy armor on the front (sides are also protected but not as much) - the rear is almost void of armor in comparison to the rest.

I build like this. Front loaded.

3 Likes

Yeah, mine have always been front loaded, but now even moreso. Buggy parts and decor in the rear - Steppenwolf days on the front…

1 Like

Too much weight in the front causes understeer now, so I try to make sure I’ve got something in the rear to balance things out.
You can compensate for unbalanced builds by moving your ST wheels around, but doesn’t help when things are severely unbalanced.

Of course everything has to be balanced.

The way I balance things is I don’t put the cabin in the center of the build. I find that many people can’t get real cars out of their heads when starting to build a new car and the put the cabin dead center. I tend to move my cabin back a lot. On some builds I don’t even have frames behind my cabin because my cabin is as fair back as it can get.

So with that weight pulled back (and most the modules and so on next to the cabin) you can build it with all the armor forward.

2 Likes

If that’s some of the case, I wonder if they should do an exhibition clean out to purge really old blueprints.

2 Likes

I do agree that we need a purge, but everyone would go crazy over it.

They probably could add a tag that could be edited on to old builds to keep some from being wiped from older stuff that people want to keep that they own. If a player hadn’t logged in in years though it shouldn’t matter that much though.

1 Like

True, what about a feature that lets us add a date for the search to go back? Maybe even have it as a setting that by default is set to like a year or so?

Then we would not have to delete anything.

1 Like

I’m always purging my old builds from the exhibition so that I can back up my current ones.
Is there a way of sorting the exhibition by upload date?

No, but that is what we need.

1 Like

It only does current week and then flops over to all. Which use to make me think there probably is already a date stamp involved unless they are using a counter to figure the current new this week builds out.

Edit: They could actually probably hide them, rather then purge them too if players were to get angry about it… There’s a fair amount of old broken ones that I’d love to be able to skip looking at each time I do a search…

1 Like

Building my own car is such a key component of the game for me, I find the idea that people only use exhibition builds to be all but unbelievable. I mean, I know there are people who do it, I just don’t get it LOL. My 14 year old is like that. He hates building things in the game, and will sometimes spend hours just tooling around and things he has found in exhibition.

1 Like

I’m often surprised by though by small fixable issues on builds in the exhibition. Just a little extra underweight (via armoring under the build) can even help work out handling issues sometimes.

1 Like