The new wheels / weapon

It’s 4…

… am i seeing things here???
i mustve gotten the ammo count mixed up with the energy drain. i couldve sworn it was 7.
… maybe i should lay off the hot chocolates >.>

2 Likes

Lol, No worries man.

It means that each bolt does about 20 percent damage to the build if you leave it on for the full 3 or four seconds.

but where do you get 20% at?
it says 0.6% periodically. so i dont see where its 20%.
your saying 0.6% per 1/10th of a second but… how do you know that?

Its called a SWAG. This is a technical term for scientific wild a$$ guess. I’ve shot the Alari and it seems to do about 6 percent per seconds for a little over 3 seconds. Flash and Spark perk is measured in 1/10th of a second, so I assumed that was the period time referenced here, and it appears to accrue damage for a little more than 3 seconds. Also, my guess appears to be consistent with the numbers I’m seeing.

The atom registers for the protective field patch btw…

just found out that the brakes dont actually work with the atoms. i tried it and they dont have brakes lol

protective field patch? wait they do!? :rofl:

I picked up 8 of them earlier in the day and while trying them out in pvp tonight some fortune hover started blasting me from the side. They actually held up pretty well. I ran them through some fire puddles too. So they must have soaked up at least 3000 damage (patch requirement).

LoL that’s why I said use the opposite direction keys…

For anyone who’s interested, I was playing with the relatively slow atom wheels, and found out that the golden eagle engine increases their speed from 80 to 90/91. I haven’t found any other engines yet which affect atom’s speed (not that I have all the engines available). If anyone gains a speed increase with other engines, please let us know.

Golden eagle should be the only engine capable of raising the speed cap.

1 Like

i still do not understand why people did not noticed Acari is making 10 times more damage than description suggest.

devs probably mess-up 6% vs 0.6%

0.6% should make weapon sparking in 125 up to 230 seconds (depend if its of current or max part hp)

while for example 20 sec is enough to make weapon sparking easly. (sparking was arround 30% right?)

They say periodically, but this might seem like not 1 sec but 1/10 sec too then, and its much too much.

In any case, if 4 energy weapon can do 3000 damage to some non-levi builds with 1 shot, it really seems broken as hell.
Maybe i could somehow understand if weapon would be 12 energy, but even then 20 sec or lower to make enemy 25% is much too fast.

1 Like

What’s really interesting about this weapon is that it can do huge damage, but can’t kill people very easily.
So either you need to support a team, or find a weapon you can combine with it well. I suspect that will stop many people from using it, outside of leviathan wars. But people who are good at using it could be very strong with it.

1 Like

I haven’t tried them, but that’s the perspective of it that I’m gathering. Just as the Catalina (IMO) was designed for a specific mode (raids, I think), this weapon appears to be designed for the Leviathan mode. I don’t think that’s a bad idea, but I have no idea how it’ll play out in PVP.

I suspect it’ll go like you suppose, or they’ll nerf it until it does.

I don’t think it’s a bad concept. New concepts are probably getting sparse at this point. There’s a lot of weird stuff in Crossout these days. So, I salute their ability to come up with something new, whether it works out or not.

I like the concept, at least aesthetically, behind the Atoms too, but at this point I think they need to give me my handbrake trick back to wheels, or give me some kind of lane to compete in here. Wheels need a buff even more today, in light of all these new omnidirectional movement parts, I think.

I would run out and buy that pack if the game didn’t feel so unstable right now (not much fun). I like sci-fi, and I like this sci-fi, but I haven’t been a fan of much of their interpretations in the past. I do like their new re-imagining of it, as of late.

2 omni direction parts in a row.

This is no longer a driving game.

:confused:

2 Likes

I want to hide these roller wheels inside a hot rod, so that it looks like a low floating hover car

2 Likes

What about just using one? I’m thinking that could make patrols amusing.

I think you can probably boost the protection field on the wheels with hertz too. I have no real way of confirming it other than the patch they can give you though.

I went ahead and logged on (had fun too) and got a closer look at those wheels.
screenshot-230826-225558(-43;3;117)
How an I supposed to stay mad at Targem and not get those? As an art builder, they are way to Diesel-punk-alicious to resist, never mind their stats. They’re just too damn pretty.

Besides, I’m winning the hell out of that 4x4 mode, and if they’d fix the overly narrow gated access, I’d like this update a lot more. I got the bug for leaving a clan too, so that sucks. I don’t get points for crap, so I’d like to see that fixed sooner than later…and ya, badges. Dammit.

I still like the wheels. If they’d fix this update, I’m in.

3 Likes

After trying out this weapon in raids and Leviathan invasion, Yeah it’s mostly useful against leviathans. Just a few of these at a full health leviathan makes the fight go by a lot easier

I’ve had success pairing these up with incinerators, first hitting them with the fire and right away with the acari drains health like crazy, but you have to get the acari to stick to a part that does not fall off instantly, but if you do it’s very rewarding.

Otherwise it’s an ok support weapon, though the limited firing angles are a bit bothersome and you have to be at least 9000+ PS so that builds in general have so much hp that you can seriously weaken them

Another surprisingly good combo was 1 acari 1 phoenix, but once again you have to be careful where the bolts hit as the explosion from other one of them can blow off the other bolt, or the part the bolt is attached to. But when it works the acaris draining pretty much bass boosts your phoenix explosion to deal considerable damage

But even then you are kind of stuck in a support role and need a teammate to take full advantage of you weakening enemies.

Added benefit of the acari is making builds very flimsy against ram damage, after 1-2 shots with an acari you can ram a hover into an unsuspecting shotgun wedge build intending to drive around beneath you and bonk their weakened weapons off easy, or straight up kill them with a cabin bonk if they are weak enough, some brick builds as well

Mostly helpful in regular pvp to mess up the perception of how much damage people can tank, which is very much fun