UPDATE: Polar lights

they said the challenges stack. all uncompleted challenges will roll over to the next week.

2 Likes

Awesome. I’m moody, and even though I think the game sucks presently, that could change, especially given the length of time this BP is spread over. I’d like to play, but I just can’t find a groove anymore. I was hoping this update would shake the tree harder, frankly.

Also, as often as this game mutates, four months could make a big difference in what this game actually is. It’s changed a lot since four months ago, and I think they are on some kind of program, with an agenda towards even more changes. The controller changes, I think, are the beginning of something not fleshed out yet. They could do more than just flying things with those controls, and I think that was the point of introducing the new control system, despite everybody’s protests.

Now that they have a mariner themed faction (they even have an anchor) this could eventually involve boats or sub-marines. I saw in the promo video, that they are dragging a submarine across the ice, for example. They introduced helicopters in a similarly subtle way, and the flight controls now in place would work just as well for a submersible-cab, as they do for flying things.
A sunken ruined city map might be fun to float around in.

2 Likes

I wonder how they could make boats work as simply as they did helicopters?
Maybe pontoons the size of augers? I guess you’d need a propeller too. Or a conventional hovercraft inflatable base? Or I guess they could make cars float, and just let us mount a propeller to the back.

Just take the chopper blades off and it’s exactly the same as “Off we go” mechanically. Whatever gimmick they use to justify the feature is just an illusion. Paddle wheels? A little propeller? Magic? It doesn’t matter. The only problem with the mode or possibility has been solved with the new WarThunder style controls.

Yes please

2 Likes

Why not? That’s essentially what hovers are already doing, but on land.

1 Like

id love to have a mode where your sailing across the desert in a boat that you build. having things on it like a broadside cannon or something similar.
(please put in a broadside cannon weapon that shoots iron balls at people)
i always loved the idea of sailing across sand while battling. its far more exciting to me then just going into water as water is much slower. it would be fun to build a little boat and take on these monstrous builds in raids where we have to wreck their boat before they wreck us.

2 Likes

And boat cars are real :slight_smile:

2 Likes

doesnt the army / military have boat cars? or vehicles that double as both a car and a boat?

1 Like

I just think there should be some kind of visual gimmick to help inspire us. I liked making helicopters with no wheels that look like flying machines instead of just cars with chopper blades.

1 Like

" ATTENTION! These recipes will only be available temporarily during the current season. Once it is completed, the part recipes will be unavailable."

this confuses me , does that mean that all blueprints received in this event are temporary? or is it only the upgraded recipes

i believe its the upgraded ones only because usually the upgraded ones dont stick around. the normal recipes usually do.

1 Like

To buy the BP will reward extra parts which are fused(upgrade) parts. Those fused parts stay with your account. ie , you cannot trade them on open market anymore. If you have NOT buy the BP, you still can unlock to craft parts belong the new faction. The build parts will be unlock able to all after the event. Blueprints stay with the faction after level up.

I had a mass issue with my last PC. So I have not able to chase back the old photo on points a levels on BP levels. I didn’t take screenshot yesterday. I have play for about an hour and already at level 5. If I remember correctly, the event missions refresh each week for the 3 mains and 2 extras(which do rollover) plus 4 or 5 dailies. I only had my PC on and off and still able to unlock about 80 level. I am sure if I am to complete the daily ones too, I would unlock way higher.

I have no idea why some players are not happy. We gain and unlock as we play same as in any other game. At least in Crossout we can come back and play with out too much of adjustment. Not the same I could say to other games I do also play, War Robots, WOWS, WOT. Came back in a few months on those, you have to relearn most robots. ships and tanks again.

2 Likes

Glad to have your positive perspective. The bellyaching from so many is nauseating… This game is tons of fun.

2 Likes

Last BP when we were reward set of 2 or 3 weapons…players here complain they had less, because before that there was cabins. Like you have said, the event is running for over 120 days. The advantage this time, are more for players do or can’t spend too much time on XO. Then again, players do spend large amount of play time would always get more. No matter what whiners would always find something to whine about.
Like I have said from the last set of weapon rewards, I did like it more because even I try to craft and fuse the same weapon. There are chances that I won’t get the same result.

Re: Roopull … Thanks. I don’t usually blame the game’s set up. I do play a way to entertain myself. If I get bored with XO, I jump to other games. Sure, if there are things and ideas I think that would improve the game, I do say it and explain “why”. The game’s missions moved from heavily complete by doing PvP to evenly on PvE too. There are so many game modes for different players on OX. :grin:

2 Likes

Is it not the job of the developers to post this stuff on the forum DocSavage?
I hope they pay you for your efforts or are you giving out free work?

Why does everyone feel the need to be payed for everything they do?

What has the world come to…

4 Likes

Or, you know… just starting a conversation… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Because nice people keep being taken advantage of, its how the world works
And they deserve compensation for their altruism and contribution.

1 Like