UPDATE: Polar lights

You can’t expect to be paid for anything you volunteered to do for free.
Get that money upfront! (Or at least an agreement to pay)

3 Likes

Indeed, DocSavage should ask money upfront for work the game developers should be doing.

2 Likes

So I come back to the game to see what the new update is about… temporary blueprints, pay-to-win powercreeped to hell and beyond pre-upgraded parts, 90% of the content paywalled as usual… so tiresome. This game needs one thing and one thing only: competition from another like it, but without the scum business practices.

4 Likes

I would like to be paid in bubbles, thanks.

Meh…IDK. Sort of, I guess. It’s probably even more egregious presently, since I don’t even play the game, and isn’t even currently installed on my PC. I expect to get back to it at some point.

I’ve gotten a lot out of the game in the past just from playing and enjoying the game like everybody else, but also, despite the claims that developers never listen to the people on this forum, I’ve seen a lot in the game that I’ve personally lobbied for…but not bubbles. Not yet anyway…but, like the steampunk theme they are doing now, or the Catalina with the fins and 1950’s style grill, presently we have a CK for drones, dim lighting on snow maps, a bell instead of a horn on the Machinist, crop-circle decor (presented as a sticker actually, and still no signs of aliens), a distinct lack of Stabilizers from the current Battle Pass, and I could probably go on…

I’m not saying I’m the only person who lobbied for these things, but it has encouraged me to participate in the forum, and helped me believe that a presence and voice on the forum can actually make some difference to the game, and that the developers do actually get the picture through the grape-vine eventually somehow. One of the ways I maintain a relevant presence on the forum is by keeping up on the announcements. Maybe I’m getting noticed? IDK.

It also allows me to give something positive to the Crossout community, maybe as a penance, or compensation for being an annoying arse occasionally. I like to complain, like everybody else, but it can’t be said that the only reason I come here is to troll and insult the players and developers, like that other guy (You know who you are. We all do).

The short answer is, I just don’t want to be a total arse…just somewhat of an arse. A useful idiot? Maybe.

Nearly the entire forum is fabricated from freely applied community contributions in the form of opinions and pictures, advice, blueprints etc. The announcements are my contribution, and I’m happy to be useful…and it usually takes less effort than one of my asinine rants.

You’re not wrong in thinking the developers should be applying this service, instead of the Wolf or I, IMO, but I’m glad to do it anyway. It allows me an opportunity to give a little back. Besides, I like some of these people here…even some of the ones I don’t agree with. I’m happy to be of service.

Cheers.

4 Likes

I’m grateful you do, Doc. This place is still the place I check for patch notes, and that’s entirely because of you.

If I could send you a coin foor every update I read here instead of the official channel, I would :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Maybe it’s just my “world view,” but I see the reward from altruism in the doing of the deeds themselves. Posting something online for the enjoyment of others is very small, but very real. I’m not discounting it.

That being said, if I expected immediate compensation from others for the good I do, I’d never stop to help a stranded motorist or anything like that.

My “reward” comes much later & from a much higher source.

Not criticizing anyone or trying to sound holier than thou or anything like that. I just think the part of the secret to living in a better world is to selflessly do good for others & not look for or ask for reward.

Doc Savage’s humble response rather echos this sentiment. It’s probably why he’s one of the more universally respected people on here. I’m trying…

3 Likes

Please tell me I’m not the only one just now realizing there’s Uranium in the BP, and it’s not behind the paywall…it’s in the resource containers and it’s x10 and x20 if you happen to get it. Grind well, my friends!

3 Likes

Hummm… Uranium is but a one of the resource you can gain in XO. Sure, it is reward players do win CW. Some of us don’t do CW, nor we have the need for the metas or the top weapons. I have not check the current event, but there were never reward Uranium in the BP in the past.

That’s funny. Ya, I hadn’t noticed. I haven’t heard anything about that from anybody else, either. If that’s true, I guess you are, as far as I can tell. I think somebody would have mentioned it. It seems unusual, and maybe it’s a big deal. IDK. How much uranium are we talking about?

This BP is on the slow track, so I’m guessing I’m not the only one not jumping straight into it, full of piss and vinegar, like others and myself would normally do. I’ve got months to piddle around with this gig. It’s a little anticlimactic the way they did that…I need to just reinstall this game so I know WTF. It’s been frustrating to play so I put it back in it’s box for a while.

it’s in the resource containers so it’s a gamble but 1 is for x10 and another is for x20

1 Like

Oh…It’s “random,” eh?

I did finally get 200 coins from my Engineer’s crate a while back, like MudnBeer finally did, after about a hundred tries. It happens, but I get why the uranium wasn’t mentioned now. My eyes glaze over when I see those little attache cases, and I tend to scroll past them without noticing, like I bet other people do. I’m so jaded. I need therapy (it’s downloading).

I think the last Battle Pass offered the same deal too.

1 Like

FWIW, I got 10 repair kits. You know, I’ll take it. If you do the 10 hard raids challenge, those can come in handy. Nothing like getting teamed up with some ding dongs and losing the match.

2 Likes

Yes, you are correct…this event with the BP does reward 6 creates, the max uranium with them creates 2X10 + 2X20 + 2X30 =120. So players are getting between 0 to 120 uranium. But the chances to roll to gain uranium most likely to be very, very low.
However, we do need 600 uranium to craft any weapon. I do hope this is a new beginning of a change for players outside CW to gain uranium.

1 Like

The scam crates aren’t new, they were in the previous BP too, and they legit never give uranium.

1 Like

I got a little bit of uranium in the last one. Sold it for some coins.

1 Like

We have had uranium in some previous battle pass containers, someone did the math on the drop rate, what was it…0.14% or something, and i doubt highly that it has been made any amounts more available to players, especially if they come in free containers

2 Likes

You know for all this marvelous new stuff in this season, the one thing you are greatly lacking in is the Lighters to craft these fantastic items. Why O Why are you being so stingy with the Lighters? How can you expect us to make anything?

1 Like

So it’s an item you can craft. It’s sorta equal to blue item’s crafting cost. So you’re getting a blue item. For a full level of this BP. As a freebie it’s cool but still a filler reward.

Because they have nothing left to offer. They stretch whatever they got over 75 levels and fill the rest with common things, such as those material-boxes, workbench coupons and what else… lighters this time.

1 Like

It’s because they plan to drop a second season event inside the season that cost money again like they did before.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what I expect. I hope it’s more interesting than this Battle Pass. I think this is on par with the Twisted Metal mini-pass if you consider how long it’s stretched out… They really haven’t done it like this before, so there isn’t much to compare it to, but the result, I expect, will be as you predict.

I’m sort of hoping for something else to come along. I think I’m going to pass on this Pass…but I’ve still got until April(?) to make up my mind.

It seems like a long time, especially after waiting so long for this one to come out. It’s been too easy for me to find this update disappointing. There isn’t that much positive to be discussed with it, is there? The new Tracks?

Being able to grind out your own custom content could be a nice twist, but it doesn’t feel like it. For my first week of grind, I got basically nothing. With the recent nerfs and stuff, that grind hasn’t been particularly enjoyable either.

I did notice that if I went real ridiculously low in PS, like sub-4K and even under 3k, I could still pull off some art builds in PVP, but time of day dictates queue times and sometimes it’s bad. It’s very bad sometimes, but it would work for me otherwise. For PVP, I really prefer no frills modules, wheels, and weapons, to the hyper perky gear most people like to chase after.

If the market would straighten up (PC), I could sell this stockpile of crap I’m invested in and buy me some gear to exploit at a higher PS and maybe find a way to have fun with the META. Maybe. PVP requires a lot more frills to succeed in these days, and a very workable knowledge of popular exploits that I don’t have, probably.

I could learn,maybe, but I need some funds, so the market needs to get better, or I just cut my losses (I’ve been hanging onto this stockpile for two months now), formulate a plan and build myself some kind of META just for PVP for around the PS 9K+ range. I don’t think I can afford the variety of play-styles I used to enjoy at lower PS though. I’d be stuck in a rut, and I don’t know what rut I feel like being in. Shotguns? Melee? Missiles? IDK…I liked where I was 3 months ago in this game, better…before the massive 2.0 update.

2 Likes