We're getting one balance patch and 10 packs/year, aren't we?

And these relics currently underperform in comparisons to others.

Mastodon used to be a contender, Ripper shines in Levi Wars (which exploits the auto-aim of Levi’s) but has never been a top tier relic.

The upcoming update might help mastodon to raise back to the top.

1 Like

You saw my blockchain hover??

Not sure, are the guns unprotected on top of the build?

The below has nothing to do with your build, but builds in general.

doing well with an un-optimized build does not make the build good. It just means your playstlye has compensated for its short coming. But if it was optimized then it would even be better.

A good example of this - a few years ago we had a dude that was super good with a firebug flash build. He landed all kinds of crazy hits that would swing the CW battle for a win. Everyone in clan wanted his build.

Well… the build was crap. It was the player that made it good. So I took the build, completely rebuilt it and optimized everything. This made this player about 20% better even though he was a complete beast when it was garbage. We passed around the new build to everyone and it took average players and made them good players. Not because they all of a sudden gained more skill, it was the build.

yeah. i peeled all the armor off the top of an old Aspect hover hamburger. and just slapped them on. didn’t even space them out lol.

I’ve been to lazy to build a proper hamburger.

You will cringe, i will post a vid on it whenever I stop being lazy and do something.

On topic: Do you think the upcoming cannon change might be the return of hamburger hovers?

I think with the new cannon and armor changes we might see something we have never seen before.

I’m not sure what that is, but I’m very excited to try and break the new system.

2 Likes

I to am wondering this! I think this is the most exciting change in a couple years. (in a good way)

2 Likes

I figure that depending on what the Meta weapons are after the cannon rework and armor will be built in a way to defend VS what the strongest meta is.

For example - they say that cannons will do all of their bullet damage first then do the explosion.

If this is the case I can see the resistance of the new armor being important.

I would still use spaced armor, but I would put bullet damage resistant stuff in front, then followed by explosive damage armor. And of course still mix in as much shoot through armor as I can.

But until we get it in game, and have a chance to fully test it, then it’s all just talk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am pretty excited about the different resistences also. Going to be fun specializing builds.

2 Likes

I’ve never had punishers… that being said, going against them with arbiters & an aurora certainly doesn’ t make me want them.

This is the way.

I actually have come to appreciate the cyclical buff/nerf nature of the game.

The core weapons are generally always quite usable & never nerfed into uselessness. Lower level weapons are likewise generally left quite functional.

What the devs clearly intentionally nerf & buff are weapons guys pay real money to get… legendaries & relics. Why wouldn’t they? They’ll release a cool new toy to get the wallets opened up. They’ll buff an old weapon to get the wallets opened up. Once the money is spent, those weapons need to be nerfed a bit to make room for other weapons to be rotated back on top or to make room for a new OP weapon.

If you’re dumb enough to chase whatever they’re buffing, then that’s on you. What’s the old saying about a fool & his money?

The smart money is on building something you enjoy playing & maxing that build out… then doing that again & again until you have a good library of parts that you ENJOY playing. Then, you’re fairly immune to the nerf/buff cycle… and having fun playing with toys you actually enjoy playing with & not playing with parts because they’re supposedly better.

This is what I do. Any build I enjoy playing I’m going to fully fuse.

1 Like

This is the Way. (Also Trust in the Pete Carrol)

2 Likes