Why dont we really have crossplay?

While I understand the concern of pc vs console, I would like to see it. But we dont even have console crossplay. They announced it but it hasnt really happened. What is preventing console crossplay?!?

It sounds like they are about to launch it very soon.
From what I understand, some of what makes it more complicated than it should be is dealing with the console companies themselves. And then there’s also whatever technical issues on the devs’ end, which might require more bug testing and troubleshooting than we assume.

I don’t think there’s any reason to believe they are stalling on purpose. It’s a no-brainer that it will help the game a lot to get it working. I have to assume it’s more about ability to deliver it than a choice to not deliver it.

1 Like

Um What? :crazy_face:

There should be Console Crossplay and more.

I am not saying they are stalling but i am saying they shouldnt announce it if it isnt ready. It continues to hurt their credibility and make the player bases salty.

I might be wrong, but I think there was a mini update recently that contained some crossplay stuff, which some players noticed. So it seemed to me that when the devs said it’s coming soon, it was at least partially about them trying to answer player questions.

The way they’ve talked about it recently suggests that console crossplay is very close to happening.

Maybe it’s bad for them to confirm it’s coming soon, but I understand why they would want to let us know. I know I was glad to get confirmation that it’s coming, and was really excited to hear that it’s coming soon.

As far as the salty playerbase goes, I don’t think that’s something that’s going to change. We are a very salty bunch.