Yesterday, I noticed I won’t be left with 250 lighters after crafting 2 Nothungs. I’ll only have 160. Which means the total maximum amount obtainable with the basic BP will be 1460. Months ago, I calculated this number as 1550 lighters, and kept saying in the chat that it’s 1550. To help others plan ahead. Now I felt stupid. Did I miscalculate something so simple, and thus cause some players to come short, and not get an upgraded legendary item or other?
This screenshot was taken on 2 February, the day the season was launched. The final day was 8 June.
This screenshot was taken 8 minutes before the reset on 19 April. The final day was still 8 June. After the reset, the timer would’ve changed to 49 days, 23 hours.
This screenshot was taken some hours after the update on 20 April. Now, the final day was 7 June.
Today, I dug in my screenshot archive, and it turned out that the last day of BP challenges was, in fact, going to be 8 June, which is a Thursday… until 20 April. On the 19th, there were 50 days + some hours remaining. But on the 20th, after the Spring Mayhem update, there were only 48 days + some hours remaining. Which means that that update reduced the remaining Battle Pass duration by 1 day, a Thursday. With that Thursday, one could’ve crafted 2 Nothungs and still have 250 lighters left for an epic item, with an extra 500 BP XP. But on 20 April, that changed to 2 Nothungs and 160 lighters left. So you won’t be getting that epic item, or whatever you were hoping to spend 90 lighters on.
Now, why did that happen? I see two possibilities:
- Gaijin did a mickey and found a way to take away some of the weekly season challenges, but in a stealthy manner, so as not to cause the same uproar as when we learned the last 30 days wouldn’t have weekly challenges. Thus ‘encouraging’ some players to buy some extra levels.
- The new season is scheduled to start on 8 June, which resulted in the shortening of the duration of the current season. The last news post about the upcoming season is planned for next week. Which makes 8 June a plausible date for its launch.
But even if we get the next season on 8 June, it’s wrong to launch it at the expense of the current one. It’d be like what they did with Operation Ashen Ring, in October 2021. The event was ended 3 days, 18 hours early, without prior notice. I was busy converting and uploading videos to my YT channel about Crossout, so I delayed completing the event challenges. I didn’t get the event rewards because I counted on them to behave like adults and keep a deadline. When you fail to meet a deadline at work, there are consequences. But not for them. This is how they treat the players.
You may remember the scandal with the missing chalenges for the Radiance event. At the same time, we learned they were planning to remove weekly challenges from the last month of the Polar Lights season. On 23 March, in the Dronapocalypse news post, it was annouced there would be weekly challenges until the very end. Perhaps the decision to take away the last day, and thus the last batch of weekly challenges, was made around or after that date. Not a biggie, right? Just one day. Worth 90 lighters. Those 6 levels will only cost you EUR 12. Which is still cheaper than having to buy the 8 missing Radiance levels for EUR 16.
Should Gaijin give us back the missing day? If you were expecting for the event to last until 8 June, does this constitute a breach of contract, i.e., a scam?
Which crosscrown pack will you be buying in order to make up for the missing 90 lighters?
- I didn’t buy or get gifted a Battle Pass.
- None. But I’ll miss out on some of the items I intended to craft with lighters.
- None. But I didn’t need those 90 lighters anyway, so it’s not a problem.
- 330 crosscrowns.
- 700 crosscrowns.
- 1500 crosscrowns.
- None. I already had enough crosscrowns to buy the missing BP levels.
- I bought the Elite BP, but this is disrespectful of Gaijin, especially toward Elite Players!
- I bought the Elite BP, so I won’t notice if 90 lighters go missing.
- I bought the Elite BP, then some extra levels, and maybe I’ll buy some more.
- I bought the Elite BP, and some extra levels, and maybe I’ll buy more, but I feel cheated! Illegal! Scam!