[Announcement] The new forum engine

Well I hope you still post important stuff here because I dislike reddit. Cant be too difficult to copy paste the news here. o.o

1 thing I do like about the new forum is the peeps who spent 3 years spamming with bad opinions now start off at 0 upvotes again. All that hard work annoying us to waste lol

3 Likes

Calling something “new” and “modern” doesn’t actually make it superior to something you may call “old” or “outdated”. Or even good on its own in the first place.

I don’t recall encountering any bug on the old forum other than the pop-up bug report bubble when making a post. Now I’m getting a different pop-up bubble in the same place, but it’s even bigger and its “close” button overlays with another button on the interface. The font sizes here are also all over the place in different areas, especially the menus. User mini-avatars also display their numeric ID’s instead of actual names and there’s plenty of other hiccups everywhere.

So yeah, it’s definitely more “newer” and “modern” - that is - with lesser attention to detail and lower quallity control :wink: There are some upsides, but calling it better because it’s new is quite the stretch.

7 Likes

I’d say that you don’t quite understand how forum maintenance works and obviously just don’t understand how to navigate this forum type. Full stop. It’s ok. You don’t understand a lot of things based on your general postings.

Which I think was the whole point of the announcement of the new forum engine in which they basically told all the elderly crybabies to take a leap.

Editing to add: So I’ll stand by what I initially said. I entirely approve of the change and the message to certain… people.

Editing to add due to new account daily comment link:
It’s funny how all the people 28+ are upset at the changes… It’s almost like the world moved on and changed without you and you haven’t recognized it. Instead you’ll just pretend it’s an analogue to something from your past. It really is actually and factually… funny to watch.

I’m genuinely enjoying the screeching discomfort from the unwashed masses here.

Oh… but hey… the old forum underpinnings… in the words of the provider of that code:

Hmm… gee… I wonder what legacy means.

1 Like

its not new…look at the emotes,that tells its outdated,all them diff country flags is 10 years old at least,all the emotes are old.

5 Likes

I appreciate the honestly, as you’re basically admitting that you’d rather the playerbase use Reddit instead of your own forums. This does explain why minimal effort was placed in its new layout as this is a massive downgrade in terms of webpage design. Everything blends together and is overall less user friendly.

It actually does remind me of the kinds of pages I made during a webpage design course. That was somewhere around 15-16 years ago, possibly as far as 17.

4 Likes

Well, I appreciate the devs being open about the whole forum thing. Don’t have an opinion on whetherr this is better or worse probably just a matter of getting used to it.

Since the devs are also kinda open about forums not being viable I suppose I might as well stop using this method of communicating. Not like it really mattered in the first place I suppose.

Cheers.

1 Like

If you made this forum hoping I (and others) would lose interest in complaining about certain features and changes you have made to your game… well it might work because I find this forum uncomfortable to navigate.

So I want to say one more time that I dislike the speed nerf. It is very heartbreaking for me.

I will also say thank you for toning the aim assist down on consoles.

5 Likes

Looks like websites I was designing anno 2005 - a lot of visual noise and useless features. I might see if we can fix it with userCSS. Because Forum is about text, tone down all the visual crap around it.

3 Likes

Yes yes, go and never comeback with all ur great nerf ideas, you 're one of many who broke this game. Learn how to use other movement parts than MLs , get good and stop crying about hovers beeing op

3 Likes

our precious and hard earned forum badges are all gone, you have doomed us Sam :sob:

3 Likes

Thanks Sam, this new forum will be interesting at least!

4 Likes

I’m already used to it. Kind of…
In a few days everyone will be.
There is no confused face for the few special cases who spammed those, and that’s one great thing.
Now if someone has a valid counter argument or a tantrum, he is free to write. But no silent confused boys. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I didn’t see the need to change the forum, send it to other platforms. We need more players in the games and not in the forum (it’s important of course, but not necessary).The old forum served very well for the game’s players, this new one doesn’t even work on the mobile version. If you want more players, improve the game’s interaction in the game, I’m sure it will attract more people and consequently move the forum. Apart from that if you are too lazy to do the maintenance of the forum, you will be better able to hire someone to do it, since there will be more players investing in their accounts.

A sincere opinion, start leaving games and such Full players, no boots and if possible, an on-game chat

2 Likes

Good job.

Please do enforced the banning rules this time. Thake out those constantly breaking the forum rules and haters. Do let us enjoy the game with a better controlled forum for interaction with like minded players.

Haters can find something else to hate!!

Thank you!! :wink:

3 Likes

Mh-hmm, there’s a lot of things I don’t understand alright. For example, I don’t understand why you’re not on Discord or le leddit already sharing your infinite wisdom there, since you like the “message” so much. I also don’t understand where is your sudden surge of ad-hominems towards someone you had no prior interaction with coming from. Guess I was right about something and it made you mad, lol.

I like how you added “unwashed masses” like it made you some sort of VIP, instead of a stuck-up wannabe. You’re just looping back to “new good, old bad, I smart, you dumdum” without having anything else to say about the ways in which the old forum had superior controls and layout. This is truly the pinnacle of “new” and “modern” forum design, controls overflowing outside of their boxes, text displayed over buttons, several different font and icon sizes inside one listview, unnecessary clutter and margins on the sides where information used to be and so on…

7 Likes

Indeed, they are crazy… And yes, reddit and social networks are the herpes of the internet, they are fast food for the millennial generation, failed oz, they need to communicate in a fleeting and unfocused way, clumsy, in a forum it could be obsolete or old but one focuses on the issues it deals with, strives for something to look good, but there is always the crowd that wants the fast, the fast, put “like” without seeing what it is, without criticizing, that’s what they look for from what I see, shut up… all those badges, the effort to give the game a review, this forum and its users, were the ones who really loved your game… and you’ve blown it to bits JUST REMOVING THE CONFUSION FACE WAS ENOUGH TO STOP DEVS TOXICITY AND WHAT HAPPENS WITH THE STORIES OF THE GAME? NOW IT IS CLEAR THAT THEY CARE ABOUT GETTING MONEY… But, they need it, I suppose? Hard times are coming, huh? Good luck…

4 Likes

The other forum dropped significantly in playerbase interaction when MODS stopped moderating suggestions.
The other forum dropped significantly in playerbase feedback when MODS stopped litening to the + and - feedbacks.
The other forum dropped significantly in playerbase presence when MODS started giving veterans 4+ months of suspension.
The other forum dropped significantly in playerbase trust when MODS stopped responding PMs about important matters.
The other forum dropped significantly in playerbase engagement when MODS stopped adressing bug reports.

When are YOU guys starting to own your mistakes instead of brushing it of as it being OUR fault?
Just remember that while you keep gaslighting us and patting youselves on the back, the playerbase is getting thinner by the day.

And I most certainly will NOT be as active here as I was on the old forum: I didn’t spend the last 4 years posting almost daily to have my messages daily limited because I’m “a new member”.
Thanks but no thanks. Farewell.

8 Likes

Ye, I can agreed on that. But my reasons are different. I don’t like shmeddit and I don’t want to join another discord server on which I’ll never look again. This is why I liked to read local crying about unfair %vehicle_part% while realising this game still have no future.

But now I don’t even know. Without lucashc90 cats I just don’t know if it’s worth it.

And this is the time I finally decided to buy crosscoins and current deluxe pack to support devs. That would be the 12th pack which officially makes me a whale. And looks like I just got beached.

2 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Trash bin

The new forum engine was strange when I first saw it, but useful once you get used to it.

But the color theme made my eyes bleed.

holywaterr

3 Likes