[Announcement] The new forum engine

Did you know that this forums automatically signs you up on an email list? I had honestly forgotten about this forum until I got an email from you out of all people.

Well anyway, you can go coom on your little old PS4, go back to college and hopefully get something useful done in your miserable little life.

4 Likes

This forum is not really usable, I dont have reddit and I dont see a reason to join discord chanel of this.
So in a nutshel - techncially we still have a forum, in reality we are being asked to GTFO and sto pbothering the DEVs.
My bet is - the game is zombie by end of the year. It will be on life support by next christmas.
There is no road from entrance to the endgame content (if we can call CW endgame) and without forum it gets even worse - so new players will stop coming and this will be truly inbred playerbase. Games like this exist - some are surviving for decades on handful of dedicated players who are adamant on keeping paying due to sunk cost fallacy.

4 Likes

Or maybe they are just starting to think about the brand name and are going to start advertising after they polish whats most are complaining about. And yall are giving up because you miss ur ranks a little too much and it got to yalls head maybe? Idk im no theropist or counselor but i know alot that i know through years of playing are still playing the game and still love it and hopes for a better future if in the hands of someone worthy of such a task you all lay out for them to try and boggle it together with limitied resources if that be the case. But if i see crossout going to cellphones as a game and then an app i see they are focusing on building it up and are going to push for advertisements once all the problems dissapear. Lots have great ideas on what to do and all it takes is time and effort. If you spent as much effort fighting as yall do to better the game after yall are done bickering things can start for a better tomorrow. Sincerely smash skullll.

2 Likes

Hello there, new forum will need some getting use to, but it’s for the best apparently. I’m fine with it, I’ll just need to find out where all the categories are (Vehicles, guides, etc…).
Have a good day all !

2 Likes

Sheep.

1 Like

Hello @43405873,

I have to say that you don’t seem to be very well informed.
Because the list of reproaches to the moderators, is exactly what we can’t do.
We can’t handle bug reports & suggestions. For feedbacks, even if there is no answer, they’re read by the devs. We also discuss about them internally.
And for the mods not responding, what to say ? I can’t speak for them. But we had a list of active mods in the rules (on the old forum). We know that some of them had a role on the forum but weren’t active on it.

I know I didn’t mention the sanction because we can’t talk about it publicly.
Do not continue to talk about the reproaches made, I have answer, consider this subject closed.

Best regards,
Quaero_et_tego

3 Likes

Man you don’t have the statistics about forum users activity, you don’t know if the old forum dropped on usage, nor how much it dropped (if it did at all), and even less why. You’re a good forum user but you’re talking about things you don’t know, otherwise please share your forum statistics and testimonies.

Just don’t get upset about this new forum, you seem to feel like you “built” a forum history or popularity, it’s not important and even so, you can build it again here. This new forum has a better engine and will improve our experience linking its activity to Reddit and Discord as far as I understood, so it’s a good thing for us, and this forum will be improved later, the old categories will most likely appear, don’t worry.

edit: Of course I’m not pretending I’m in love with the change, specially the design, the background, etc. But it’s still functional and will improve, I’m sure.

1 Like

Its rly ezz to check, just look one yr back how many responses and topics was in the forum and how many now , good luck :v:

2 Likes

I’m not gonna waste time doing that, and it wouldn’t show the reason why players don’t use the forum at all, if it’s the case. Maybe they just found another game? Maybe sometimes players plays a while game 1, get bored, play game 2, and get bored again, and play game 1 again or maybe game 3… or maybe they stopped playing as they have a new family or workload…
Of course some players are unhappy about some things about the game, same as some players are happy about same things or other game changes. And or course some players are leaving and some are coming.

Let’s just get use to this forum and move forward. Overall game is going great as far as I see, good big and small improvements, can’t wait to see next update news and test server that should happen later today !

1 Like

Thats not the case , you said

I only gave you solution. U welcome :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Honestly the bugs probably shouldn’t be tracked on the forum there are existing dedicated software platforms that should be used to manage those. Bugzilla, Jira, Userback, BugHost to name a few… If there’s one that works with the log-in system then players could easily fill out their own tickets, to later be managed by the dev team as needed. Many of these can generate reports that could be later posted to the forum too. i.e. known non-exploit-able bug lists.

Solving general technical issues is well suited for the forum though. I’d point you at potentially turning on the docs plugin and filling it out: Docs | Discourse - Civilized Discussion As long as Vet players are given a fair tour of where to find answers there’s no reason other players can’t help out in this regard.

Feedback on posts was always kind of tricky all players can see is where in the pages it looks like a team member stopped replying. To a player that’s where it looks like a team member stopped reading. Players have no idea of what’s being discussed behind the scenes unless that is also posted for them to read. Better feedback to the players was promised a few times but wasn’t really followed through on. It’s the type of thing that could be handled as a monthly or bi-monthly dev summary. There are AI tools that can help turn meeting notes into summarized versions too: https://quillbot.com/summarize I can only suggest taking a look at some of them.

The Idea Suggestions section of the forum didn’t need to be pre-moderated. Having it pre-moderated was like asking for consistent extra work. I heard players complaining that their ideas were not getting through that first step before it was removed. After it was removed I didn’t come back to the forum for a few months as it was one of the few areas that didn’t generated as much toxic content as the other sections did. Instead of just handing us the new suggestion form and just removing the pre-moderation restrictions on the section, the entire section was hidden though.

There’s a lot of useful sections that could be repopulated here like: Guides, Clan Recruitment, Build Help, Fan Fiction… Content streams like fb, reddit, and others don’t have the same presence longevity as a forum.

2 Likes

Hello @63771550,

I hear you, you’re right. Gaijin has is own system (Gaijin.net // Issues) but it’s currently not available for Crossout.
I will ask around and see if we can have this system.

Best regards,
Quaero_et_tego

6 Likes

Sounds like a good plan. Let us know what you hear and hope it works out.

2 Likes

and @63771550, I don’t know if it’s a good idea because there are paid work tools and players bugs and suggestions are not always good (reported bugs might not be actual bugs, and the cause might not be well determined yet, and players suggestions are not always objective nor possible/wanted) so a preliminary check has to be done first, otherwise the work tool will be flooded with useless even redundant tickets.

Best is players using the forum for suggestions and bugs and then a staff member to check them and fill tickets when needed only.

1 Like

So they’ve made the ingame forums absolutely terrible now seemingly in an effort to stop their users from giving them feedback about their multiple mistakes and missteps. We’ll all just have to use other social media then. Every time something is posted on Reddit or Youtube or Discord or wherever we just have to reply underneath it listing off various issues with the game and how the devs seemingly ignore their player base and reality.

3 Likes

Not to sound rude but apparently the same difficulty exists for you to understand that people don’t like many of those places. Places like FB, reddit, twitter all spew endless amounts of un-needed junk. I don’t need to see people pictures of their build photographed on their actual TV or 50 screencaps of who can build in the yellow box. Or be forced to wade through every YT self promoter that thinks they might be the next person to receive a promo accounts videos…

I’d gladly deal with quality over quantity any day. (Not that the forum in it’s current state offers many frills.)

3 Likes

You want us to move away from using your own, official forums, onto platforms with even worse communities and administration? Really? What a steaming pile of human feces.

I’ll never use reddit, it’s a cesspool. Discord servers turn into fusterclucks. A good forum makes it easy to find relevant threads and discuss matters. This push just reeks of laziness on your part.

7 Likes

What quality?

Even the devs pointed out its the same people screaming the same inane things they have for literal years here in the forums. Literally in this post.

Did no one else read the initial post wherein your arguments were pre-addressed and filed in the circular VIP bin with wheels?

3 Likes

Literally any conversation outside of the endless stream un-need posts those sites generate is more than enough quality.

Can you guess where the majority of the people that can’t imagine their lives without discussing ways to counter wedges for days went. Over to the to the fancy new location with endless amounts of content to entertain them… In fact when I looked at the count there were 19k of them there. They probably even have 100 of the same arguments going at the same time right now.

I’m more than happy just sitting around discussing the newsfeed here with a few thanks… Much more relaxing…

4 Likes

Good idea. Some bug reports should be done in game. At this moment we have to stop the game send game logs and fill in a form in the forum, how many people can’t be bother? I can understand the crashes are hard, but most bug I do see is unable to start the game. A quick report system within the game as well as game launcher with options for the more common bugs would be more welcome. :grinning:

What maybe good, when you guys have a meeting next. Let users here to choose formats for background colours/pics…maybe more option/control for the forum at our end. :wink: :wink:

1 Like