[Announcement] The new forum engine

Agree, but they are not going to ever work on this forum. They have giving up.

I feel like 90% of everything on the old forums was just drama so course they are going to close the doors and do it silenly its too toxic to attempt a conversation let alone try to change one thing that 10 players will fight about it for 8 days and forget what they were fighting about. Look at what happens when a game manager speaks in general chat about half the gen chat attacks that player until they get banned for saying bad stuff to that player then cry about it for a long time and get others banned for the same thing haha. Its just getting nuts i bet they think that.

1 Like

None of this has to do with why we have the new forum.

1 Like

We have not forgot.

Just a little reminder that the new forum software sucks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like this one. Looks more advanced than the previous. Although I didn’t spent much time on previous, part of the reason is actually because old one seemed too obsolete and inconvenient. Spending time on forum is a waste of time mostly anyway, but new engine made it more fun. I bet that what’s most people complain here about, being just conservative.

Not really some people just prefer different forum engines, plus we lost all of the old topics for the most part. I’d actually prefer something that was better threaded as far as chain of replies goes. Like I find this one really annoying when people aren’t using lots of quotes as it just appends the latest msg at the bottom of the post instead of under the msg within the post that it’s replying to.

This also has very bad sort order topically as they don’t want to fully utilize the forum software’s advantages over the old system to provide things like topic tags and the like. i.e. we could have tags like Xbox - Question, PC Question, Building Question, Crafting Question…

1 Like

Makes some sense. Although blaming new forum engine is bad because old whine archive and dogbuild grind guides weren’t transferred, as most here complain, doesn’t make sense.

Things like guides really should have been preserved those help new players out when looking for info. I was trying to get them to let us do wiki posts for them so they can be updated easier by later players but they don’t seem to want to do it. There were lots of little sections that kept things tidy too that went away. The idea section was hidden so none of that section could be harvested or transferred over. We’re missing clan listings here for each platform too which doesn’t help that dying horse any…

Not much people can do about the drone of whining players, that goes on where ever players feel dissatisfied. Some of it was borderline too far in some cases of game announcements and changes though.

We’ve already seen the waves of flagging which can be kind of annoying. That really hasn’t brought anything too constructive to the new system. Replacing confused faces with flagging. Reddit’s no different in that regard. I haven’t seen their server tests get any extra feedback from being hosted on there either.

The only real upside is they started using a real bug tracker rather then using the forum.

Hey Sam there is a mistake with the crossout offert in PS store, insomnia pack is not at 50% of discount like you said in the news. Can you fix it please ?

Hello. It was Sony technical issue. That’s why this pack is without discount. We can’t fix it :frowning:

4 Likes

Lol, you have to love that they never reply to anything… then some random guy in a random post make a random statement and bam! Community manager pops up.

Why don’t you guys mod/reply to the rest of your forum instead.

3 Likes

Yes, this. How is this thread even still alive?

1 Like

I think they’re bored and annoyed with the usual forum members.
Maybe pretend to be a new member if you want attention from them?

3 Likes

someone needs a hug… SomeRamdomGuy"Community Manager"
e6c427c868df1443352ae056670787ee

2 Likes

Awe thanks man

:heart: feel the love :heart:

2 Likes

Well at least it’s nice to see that they still check the forum from time to time. Perhaps one day, they’ll get bored of the ephemerality of reddit and come back, lul.

2 Likes

down with reddit!

1 Like

We’d never know if it was one of their alt accounts lol…

Goodday lil sam, the engine looks (imo) a lot more smoother then the previous one. Yet i would hope to ask for a small change on how to reply/comment on something with a more noticable button. I could never really find it easely. Also its relatively bugged on mobile :wink:

The Dev team should really take a look at the forum least off and on as your forum moderators let it be turned into the wild west
I’ve seen hate speech, harassment, bullying, anti-Russian posts, and even posts slandering the Dev’s/studio. But somehow I’ve seen forum mods ignore and even justify this sort of stuff, oooh can’t forget they favour certain players and let them go on tyrants until enough of us flag and report then they do something but still try to defend it like saying that it’s okay to use the word N-zis as long as you put grammar in front of it, Jewish people wouldn’t be a fan of being called that word even if you slapped the word grammar in front of it.
This whole forum is like a mental hospital, a fun house, and a circus combined!

1 Like