[Announcement] The new forum engine

hey guys its crimson back with another crazy fact!!!

crimson is very interesting

Guys, let´s stop fighting each other, we love the same game.
BP ends in 10 days or so, we might have the next update soon (update from test server and the new pack) and probably in 3 weeks we´ll have the next BP (with dev blogs in between). Let´s discuss and rejoice about that instead!
The last update was overall pretty great and the next one looks promising too!

2 Likes

Here’s a fun set of facts. Look at Blizzard’s forums. Look at ours… look at Blizz rolling out new forum software/syntax/layout… look at ours.

Please though… continue on about the sky falling and us using old stuff and fall back on intimating my mental health is at question when you have nothing else to deflect from what I’ve said.

Interesting to see that Blizzard seems to have the same forum engine than Crossout. That should reassure some players that an huge game company is using the same tool than Crossout.

And @77943652 as well as for everybody, please stay polite and let´s not answer other people´s provocation, it doesn´t make us smarter to do so.

The next update seems to come very soon, possibly tomorrow as there´s some leaks of the next event on discords servers, a medieval themed Spring Mayhem, as well as the new pack!

1 Like

hola empece a jjuggaar hacee poco enn pc antes lo hacciaa desdde play4 hoyy quiiero entrar y me sale error 6:prometheus aalguien puuedee aayudar’

where isthe knight mayem update for xbox. this new forum is Shit as hell.

can you instanll a voice chat on the game it would be much more practical to talk with the players pls thank you

2 Likes

It is, what it is- if we had to move- so be it.
The ‘new’ forum is um unusual, and rather sparse- I’m not sold on the layout:L especially the ‘main topic’ page.
Zoomed out at 80% and it much more readable (especially with this text box in place(which fills up half the screen)).
#I haven’t looked if there are settings yet#

Reddit- yeah I’ll pass on anything to do with them, way too that many juveniles over there.
One comment on that - since it looks like the feedback/information is being driven from there-
Will there be any consideration for what is posted here- for ‘future changes’?

Cheers,

Tex

Not quite fond of it.
Then again, what would matter to me was whether Gaijin people would actually take the time to check what is written. Did not feel much of their presence on the old one

In all honesty, you guys all have interesting points and the reasoning the devs have to do such a move can make sense by itself.

But the reason why I found this new forum brings somewhat of a red flag towards all the old forum content sent down the drain; I havnt came to the forum since a few months and every once in a while I googled some random questions about the game (usually random game things I forget or never asked myself about before) and every time I saw a result to the forum, the page was dead. I didnt feel like digging up and was just finding answers on other sites like reddit or finding the answer myself ingame. Till today I had another one and digged up.

The issue is that for all of us (from somewhat experienced to veterans) it wont matter much, but think about all these new players inbound trying to understand the game up joining and progressing in the game? Aside the some sparse community guides on steam, how the hell are these new players gonna learn? To the good ol’ trial and error like we all did? Most likely not, they’ll probably just give up on the game.

This is only one issue, the main one is the fact that we don’t have any of the publicly available “database”/archive of the old forums as a good history book of the game lifespan anymore. Sure all the toxic and non-sensical arguing and ping pong discussions are gone, but all the good and useful ones with it. I’m not trying to be pessimistic but I’m getting vibes of Palpatine making the Senate a big facade when he changed the Republic into his Empire till it was abolished down the line.

Just to add this, crossout on reddit is never gonna work, it never really did, everything gets deleted/locked out too fast on there. As for the Discord, I’m quite used to discord in general and to be honest, it’s more of a community hangout place than anything related to bug reports, polls, update discussions etc.

That being said I’ve got no clue where this is all going but basing from the OP, doesnt look like they plan to expand on this form of connection/communication with their playerbase, AKA almost looks like they’re giving up on it entirely instead. They could do it on discord regarding it being the closest they’ve suggested to the old forum, but from what ive experienced the devs are dormant in there and as for this new forum, it’s not off to an amazing start.

The Devs did listen to my post on old forum i guess, when i asked the fuel tank to be moved so when i clik battle i dont clik fuel by mistake.
they don’t need to respond,
could just have a ‘seen by Dev’ icon,would be fine.

But what if they dont look?

I hope that community members contribute new content to help new players. As much as the old forums were useful for researching tips and techniques, a lot of the old threads were obsolete due to game updates changing how things work.
If a new player searched the old forum for info, much of it was misleading. You’d find a thread full of complaints about something being underpowered or overpowered, but in many cases that item has since been rebalanced.

It’s not the same game it was a few years ago, so hopefully we can fill this new forum with current useful info.

I guess that makes sense, but for that to work they have do such guidelines, otherwise we’re starting anew with literally nothing and only makes things worse. Though I was more so talking of questions/searches related to game mechanics that didn’t and prob won’t change like “What’s the cost to boost crafting of legendaries?” as an example, not really specific item/weapon that can change alot.

The problem is that there was no way of telling whether those topics were still relevant. It’s quite possible that crafting costs have changed over the years (I have no idea), and you wouldn’t know if the info was current.
I definitely made the mistake in the past of assuming old threads were still accurate.
Starting over is hard, but probably for the best.
I’m hopeful that the mods feel empowered to punish users that abuse the flagging system, as well as players who are getting flagged often for legitimate reasons. The forum is so much more toxic than the actual player base, which is a big part of why I stopped posting in the old forum.

True but that’s why the game needs a real guide, not just this ingame guide we have that just list what item we’ve already possessed, but an actual useful one. I say this because there was a poll about that feature last week.

I do agree with you for toxicity and the old forum though, just like the in-game chat, the moderation was almost inexistant.

1 Like

A real guide would be amazing. I’m also hoping that’s what the poll means.

1 Like

We can try to make this better if they will let us: Category Request: Game Idea & Suggestions:

3 Likes