Anyone here actually enjoying the game?

I do try to avoid the forum drama.

When I feel the pull to participate, it comes directly from the gas lighting going on. This angers me. Dismissing another’s concern is an insult wrapped in a smile. It is cowardice. It is a lie.

When I see certain other members logging on simply to torment the cheerleaders, it dampens my desire to do the same.

A little honest discussion is a good thing. No one actually cares about our forum personality cult.

2 Likes

i HAVE noticed that. and how long was it since we HAD a new mode come into the game that wasnt timed or an event?

i dont play brawls and rarely do events. like i said the only real pvp one i do is dronepocalypse and thats it. so this doesnt effect me. oh and also i did the gronch event but sadly it didnt return.
coptors i could care less about, storm i dont care about, etc. pvp doesnt concern me.

on top of all this i been playing the game for many years. so i seen some of the things come in and out of the game. but as for pvp it doesnt concern me. i only care about pve.

Kind of sounds like all the guys on “Alt accounts”

No it’s just because you hear that a lot because it’s also how you act

No sir.

I come here to talk about a game I like.

Did you have an answer for the OP question?

The people you are talking about may have played like you or even more than you, this is the reason why they make negative posts, not because they don’t like crossout, on the contrary, precisely because they like it a lot, they are deeply disappointed by drastic changes like these. This forum is often felt like a vent, what you like you generally take well, it’s what you don’t like that makes you angry, be patient if someone vents.

1 Like

You prove my point so easily

No sir. You prove my point.

Just try to come here and only comment on the game. I bet you can’t :slight_smile: because that is not why you are here.

Yeah I’m not trying to disprove you, if I want to discuss the game I’ll do it on Reddit where people actually care and we have a proper community manager.

Catch ya poolside, bro

You couldn’t even last a few seconds :slight_smile:

Can you get back on topic and answer the OPs question? Or did you just come here to talk about me and Reddit?

Not sure what I was supposed to be doing to last? But keep living in your own little world lol

1 Like

Did you have anything to add to the original topic?

Did you have anything to flag?

2 Likes

Do you think I am being dishonest with my relentless optimism about the game?

I promise that I am not gaslighting anyone. I truly enjoy the game, and honestly believe it has greatly improved.
I also don’t believe it’s perfect, or that it ever will be. This is a small game from a small company. It is never going to be as slick as a mainstream game, and will always have glitches.
I think the difference is that for me the pleasure of playing greatly exceeds the things that annoy me, and that I accept that because the game is trying to offer something for everyone, it will inevitably fail to make everyone happy. If they only focused on CW, it could be a great game for the competitive players (but suck for everyone else). If they made it purely PVE, it would be great for those players, but useless for everyone else.

I think the forum would be a better place if more people could accept that we’re all being honest about our feelings. Those of us that love the game truly do feel that way, and you don’t have to feel insulted by that if you aren’t loving the game.

I don’t understand the people who believe the game is getting worse, but I do believe that is your experience, and I do want to understand where you are coming from. When I ask “why are you here”, it’s a genuine question, because I am struggling to understand why anyone would subject themselves to a game they hate, much less spend this much time on a forum for it. But I do want to understand.

On a semi-related note, I have read that the happiest people are those who are most generous in their interpretations of other people’s motivations. I think the forum could be a better place if we all tried to see each other through that lens.

I confess that I don’t fully understand the purpose of venting on the forum.
If you wanted things to actually change, why wouldn’t you do it on Reddit, where the devs would be more likely to see it?
Or is it more about just releasing that anger, and hoping other people agree?
Is that why people get so upset when someone like me doesn’t get mad about the same things? You want others to support your feelings and agree with your theories, and it feels dismissive and alienating when they don’t?

I mean, that’s understandable, but I also think that you can’t really expect others to always agree with you, and it doesn’t have to be taken as an insult.

This 100% - If someone takes a comment about someone liking a feature of the game as an insult then that is their problem and it is not the intent.

It’s the “If your not with us then your against us” mentality.

The multiple alt accounts and new accounts after being banned or leaving the game are the weirdest. These guys can’t stop coming to the forums, it controls them. They feed off of it.

We got a few accounts here now that are “new” but they are not new to the forum, they are accounts of guys that said they left the game or left the forums and they are ashamed to log in under their own name.

‘how ironic’

2 Likes

Welcome to the club.

tenor

I enjoy it to a point, I can’t say that I play as much as I use to. I can still waste a lot of time just building though. The clan/band thing was a real demotivator to my non-social self. I don’t normally log into the game to socialize, I just play and get out most of my chatting about the game is done here unless I need to take a break between matches or am otherwise at a loss as to what to do next.

1 Like

I don’t think anybody here believes you’re the one who uses dishonesty to win the forum. I don’t, anyway. Relentless optimism isn’t a bad thing, as long as it’s coupled with some realism.

Building straw-men, telling people what they’re thinking or supposed to think, then telling them it’s stupid to think that, re-framing opposing perspectives into outlandish scenarios just so you can call BS on it, censorship campaigns, and using generally fallacious arguments to prop up a false narrative is deception.

I don’t think anybody is accusing you of anything of the sort (they shouldn’t be), but stand too close to somebody who is, and you might get hit with tomatoes too.

I respect your optimism, and I’ve never gotten the impression you were being dishonest with it, or disrespected other people’s opinions in some effort to sell fake news.

1 Like