Anyone here actually enjoying the game?

That’s correct. It’s extremely rare anyone really looks for advice. Most people think they are experts on everything in game and need no advice, let them be, more seals to club.
That thing you call “vent” is actually people encountering biases and bad game mechanics. Idk if that works much, but idea is to collect some likes and affirmative posts to issue, maybe something will get to devs attention if they have some1 checking in here once in a while. Often(if not mostly) people complain about wrong things. If someone sees it that way, should just ignore. But here starts this slippery slope of people starting arguing which you call vent. No thread was intended as venting though.

Oh yeah I did :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, this thread is about that phenomenon.
Many of us are actually here to trade information and get answers to questions. Many other people are here mostly to vent, and hoping maybe the devs are reading the forum (which is unlikely).
It would be great if the two groups could tolerate each other more, but the venters get very mad when anyone tries to help them, and the fans get annoyed when people only want to vent instead of having conversations.

I’m not trying to say the game is perfect. It is far from perfect. I just don’t bother venting here because it’s not going to change anything, and because I accept that it’s a quirky low budget game that will always be imperfect.

When I see someone having a problem with the game, I think about when I had a similar problem, and what I did to help overcome that problem. That shouldn’t be such a controversial response, but it is here.

There are all sorts of people coming to discuss game, each in his own way.
But if you want groups… what do you call people like you that like game so very much that rather discuss it on forum than play it?

I always prefer to play the game. I mostly post here in between clients at work, or at night while watching TV.
If I have an opportunity to play, I’ll spend all my time playing. The only reason I’m on the forum so much is that I can’t stop thinking about Crossout, even when I’m far away from my console.

But yes, there are many types of people here, and lots of ways of dividing them into types. Most people are several overlapping “types”, rather than just a single archetype.

‘i liked your post Because you deleted it, you Can’t Undelete it Because i liked it’…i want my like back pffft :crazy_face:

'then why ‘vent’ here telling others not to voice their opinions if your not trying to change their minds about venting here…?
'everyone has a voice…u and m and d does,but i guess no one else does? :thinking: :shushing_face:

You’re talking about two different things.
I don’t think venting here about the game will make the devs change anything (but I could be wrong!).
I do think that encouraging people to be more tolerant to each other might have some small effect on a few people, and possibly make this place a more pleasant experience for everyone.

TLDR: devs don’t read the forum, but forum members do

Edit: I also want to be clear that it’s fine to complain about the game, but don’t get upset when people don’t share your rage. And if you only have rage for the game, is this really how you want to spend your time?

You’re confusing being able to say something (having the ability to voice something) and having people actually agree with what your saying (being convincing or even correct). Just presenting an idea isn’t going to make other people instantly agree. Nor will people disagreeing over a presented idea make you lose your voice. We still see what your saying and that’s your actual voice.

I’m honestly really hard on myself too and I’m not being discerning on post content for likes either.

2 Likes

'um…you are,i’m not,i’m just pointing things out. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

You do that almost every time you doubt what your saying is right.

It used to be mostly trashbag complainers here. I left and spent most of my time on reddit as a result. Now foolish people have informed them to go to reddit to be heard. Now reddit is just a trash show of 75% complant posts. I hate this community…

4 Likes

Welcome back :slight_smile:

welcome back, old friend

first of all, thank you very much, for everything!

member when all the forum was hating on reddit because reasons? ma boi lexi did it, paulie did it, sigma did it, others, and ofc tenshin. “reddit mainstream/im too boomer to get it/circle jerk” is what they used to say.

but we know this forum, it can take a toll on you. so over time all of the above ventured to the unknown lands of reddit anyways.

so i started looking at the reddit every now and then and those boys put on a show i tell you. but im sure youre familiar.

lexi and tenshin getting into the same fist fight type arguments, just like they used to here. with random strangers on reddit and all the many down votes one can win there. simply glorious!

tldr: but yeah, im sure the problem is that first this forum was zergd by haters and then reddit was overrun by naysayers and youre just the cool dude cruisin through all this crap.

1 Like

He was talking like he wanted prove something, i was just laying ground rules.

Well, it does sound like he wants to prove that a new player could advance relatively quickly without spending much real money.
But I’m not sure why you think you could set the rules for his experiment.
Regardless, I don’t think your rules will make any difference, since he doesn’t play in groups anymore anyways, and has mentioned that many times.

1 Like

Dude I’m don’t want to make rules, I don’t even want to post on this forum.
But for the last,”I say 2 years but it’s getting closer to 3 now, the game has been moving in this direction.

O flank here moved maybe a whole 10 feet, yet he scored better than half the players of both teams, that actually engaged and aimed at the enemy. And he just one, it’s four times the fun with a clan of campers.
And we get cookie cutter builds now, because you can’t compete no matter how good you are, unless you in this build.
And now because I don’t want to play in a group the game will stack the deck against me to keep me from earning badges, so those badges can be given the group.
And the fact that they put the badge challenges back, is the proof that all of these things are the problem and why this is happening.

I quit war thunder because someone with no skills could get into a bomber and dominate a match, they didn’t even have to get the plane off the ground, they would start in the air. All because a noisy few on the forum influenced the updates.
Now the same kinda stuff is happening to this game.
A group of no skill players, camping in cookie cutter builds can dominate PvP.
And as long as the game keeps moving in that direction the player numbers will continue in the direction they are going.
Because playing with campers sucks, and no one really want to drive someone else’s ride.

2 Likes

Of course easy answers, obviously. Why didn’t I think of this. Thank you so much.

No. Everything is a trade off. Add Argus or Interceptor for a very limited use case and that means no engine or radar. I would rather have an engine and radar, which are more broadly useful to me and the team, with passive benefits.

And Meatgrinders? Yeah, that will only make hover predation more pronounced. No thanks.

Also, when you’re trapped by 3 Kapkans, your Meatgrinders are moot. You can’t move enough to destroy them.

You’re right, you should probably just give up instead.

2 Likes