Anyone maining 120kph wheeled builds with Fin Whale?

It is though I thought it was explosive as a whole from what they said in the original video (guessing I wasn’t paying attention). I didn’t spend much time on the server though just went and looked at weight and energy changes and was like well I’ll just deal with it. I did test fit that though as I was curious.

Here’s The Hamster YETI Beholder report:

Yeti works as normal with the Beholder. If the Beholder takes damage while you are cloaked, uncloak is delayed for 3 seconds. I’m not sure if you can turn it off before it uncloaks or not.

When you turn off YETI, it recharges in 8 seconds but if you take damage or shoot out of cloak, recharge takes 16 seconds. Yeti works with Stillwinds, in that Stillwinds shoot for 3 seconds before uncloaking and then you have to wait for the 16 second recharge.

Here are the results of the Yeti and Rune testing:

Yeti is not explosive.

Rune is highly explosive. It punches out 5 blocks in every direction with a nasty blast. Also, damage to the Rune registers as cab damage for some reason.

For my new Firedog, I put it on a rift on an ammo pack on a stick at the end of my build. I detach the Rune after 15 seconds of cloak are spent, if I remember. Thanks Hawk! The Yeti is actually fun when it doesn’t take as much as it gives.

It should be noted that popping a rift to get rid of the Rune knocks you out of cloak.

2 Likes

That’s kind of what I was curious about if you get shot and if you could still turn it off before it uncloaks itself to save the time change from switching over to the longer cool down period.

Not sure if it was mentioned already but you don’t need to go 120 if you have Buggy wheels.

Ah, mentioned and pictured, nice.

1 Like

I can confirm that Fin Whale is far better than Pegasus on firedogs. Here’s why:

Blight only goes 95 to 98KPH. Mine does 95 kph. The battlepass Pegasus takes you to 105 kph and Phobos takes you to 110 kph. That’s pretty fast. The unfused Fin Whale takes you to 119 kph without Phobos. That’s far faster. When the BP Fin Whale drops, firedog people will all be maxed out at 120. That means they can use Grizzly instead of Phobos, which takes the sting off of losing out on 2200 kg of armor from using the Pegasus.

Another point, Pegasus Firedogs need too many wheels to make good on the no tonnage Pegasus mass and this can cause them not to turn sharply enough, even with Hermits. The problem is that too many wheels provide too much traction and the build can’t burn out or do any powerslides. This causes Pegasus dogs to often lose turning wars to other dogs.

The larger point, is that with Fin Whale, you get massive gun durability, the huge amount of tonnage makes driving stable even when you lose a lot of wheels, and the speed means you can use triple fire instead of 2 Fire Flash. Hovers can’t outrun 119 kph. They get less shots in on the gun before you are on top of them.

With Triple fire, (I run 2 Bugs and a + heat fused Draco), you don’t bounce off of spiders you run into because you are burning through the legs quickly and getting properly latched onto the frame and cabin where real damage begins. This means less missed fire, more fire on target, and complete burning of a 6000 HP spider in less than one overheat cycle, or about 8 seconds.

This means that there is less chance of the spider having friends come to help him before you have killed it or have done crippling damage.

Fin Whale price on Xbox is dropping. People don’t get it yet. I think that they will get it in about 2 months.

3 Likes

Fin Whale truthers, unite!

I was numero uno :grinning:

Good insight Darth, i think you’re right on all accounts. The extra gun durability is gonna be a nightmare to deal with tho -__- firedogs alone might get the damn thing nerfed

2 Likes

I’m often surprised by how long it takes for some new parts to catch on.
I guess at the more competitive level, people are cautious about new approaches, once they’ve found a roster of builds that work in CW.

2 Likes

Right, I can face tank a Cyclone /Reaper spider from 60 yards out, run right through him and not lose anything.

I’ve not been a great dog player but I’ve had consistently strong matches since I built the dog Wednesday night.

The only thing that shuts it down is Kaps and Porcs.

1 Like

Maybe ripper may become a bit more relevant.
Anyone test how it works against frames and bumpers when used like a minelayer?
I’ve been messing with dogs with a jotun/jubokko build lately. Doesn’t score very high, but seems like my team gets a lot more wins when I play it.

1 Like

Ripper in the ground stops on bumpers and causes builds to lose all momentum. Frames generally go in 1 shot. Cars just kind of crumple and sit on the ground.

I really want a set.

1 Like

They should give them a consumable heath amount so they would only do that in some cases.

Did you say you play high power score/CW? If so, I hope you get a chance to prove that claim. :slight_smile:

120 speed limit is dumb, uncap it please.

3 Likes

I did it once. I work on a video of bad dog driving leading to unreasonable rewards.

This meta is so shit. Invincible wheels 120kmh speed, and even more weapon damage resistances.

I’ve been considering getting one for a Kronos Ripper build, but only because they’re easy to hit targets even on a 120kmh build.

This meta is so shit. Invincible wheels 120kmh speed, and even more weapon damage resistances.

Some are dropping some Hermits for Buggy wheels since it significantly reduces the speeds needed for Fin Whale.

1 Like

New build I’ve been working on; Whaler, Fin whale, Omamari, 2x Reapers, Interceptor, Aegis prime. With 4 Sabbath wheels and 2 Buggy wheels you get a more consistent Fin Whale perk plus you can hit 115kph with the Sabbaths active (120kph with Phobos). Billy co-driver for even more weapon durability and damage.

The play style relies on fast and consistent driving. Its Achilles heel is weapon rotation speed but still a fun and different play style for High PS MGs. You can run circles around Spiders and bully hovers while they desperately try to strip your invincible weapons.

The first draft is simply called Reaper Whaler on xbox expo.

2 Likes

Doesn’t Billie nerf your weapon durability when the perk is active?

I would use Falcon for that build, or possibly Grizzly.

1 Like

Ah yes it does, the passive skill is dura. Grizzly may be better. I need more time with it in battles to see how it performs with different co-drivers.

I really like Falcon for DPS builds, as you are generally aiming at people for long enough to activate the perk, and because the power boost makes driving more fun.
But Grizzly is also useful if you intend to put yourself in harm’s way.
I have used Billie on some builds, but usually with guns that have a lot of durability already, like vindicators.

1 Like