Bot intensity

There is no A.I learning in Crossout. At least for now. Just hide for 1-3 sec behind wall and they will target any other visible person like they do in beginning. Ofc there is damage factor like told before too.

1 Like

Respectfully I beg to differ ! Unless, Provided that you are a programmer and factually know the programming of this said game. Which is intellectual property. I highly doubt is available to the general public. FYI, hiding does NOT stop the AI from hunting you down. Some people believe others are “Meh”… Therefore I agree to disagree. No intent to be obstinate about my thoughts.

1 Like

I was trying to figure out how to say the same thing…thanks.

They still get stuck on walls, so they can’t be too bright. At least in some regards. Combat they seem to do good with, but I think they are using a “Navimesh” that has some wrinkles in it. So, I’m not sure it means they’re stupid. NPCs in Fallout or Skyrim will do that if the Navimesh is incorrect. It’s easy to fix, though.

Has anyone seen one get MVP in PVP yet? Is that even possible? I know they perform well enough to earn one sometimes. I’ve seen them out-play the PVP population many times.

Yes i am programmer and i know a lot about this topic along with AI topic, thats why i share my observation.(that ofc is not prooved, but observed that its prodecurally written, not real AI behaviour)

Navmesh is only used to find pathfinding, what you see in game is not what is used by procedural-ai. Physics same is much different than GPU mesh models. What i were talkign about was real AI(tensorflow/etc) that as observed is not implemented here.

1 Like

That kind of works. Although sometimes you might need to have someone else to attack bot for him to engage that person. However, sometimes it seems bot will ignore this attacks, he will engage the other targets, but will keep moving towards you and reengage as soon as line of site restored, abandoning those “low priority targets” he acquired in absence of clear line of sight with you while still moving specifically towards you. Now tell me this ain’t weird.
But idk, that seems like need some serious bot AI breakdowns and some replays to back this up.

1 Like

yes, they have just some procedural code to determine target, probably update each some seconds, based on damage, visibility/etc

Also, in most games, before real AI is so popular, it require resource usage still too much, so even still for games to make pseudo-ai working properly, its just based on custom-procedural-code(to determine main action) + navmesh(to know where it can move or hide) + GOAL(to determine chain of actions) + physics-raytracing visibility(sensors in general, could be more like “sounds sensor”) + something more if needed. And based on my observation, crossout use just visual sensor + damage counter + navmesh + little-custom-code to determine target. Ofc shooting and aiming is different case.

1 Like

If the opposing team has a Doppler, that will help bots continue to target you even when you are behind cover, as that allows them to still “see” you. In those cases, cloaking is often the only way to shake them.

1 Like

Like I mentioned before, many have noticed a massive change in Bot function others deny the fact. Now bots with dead accurate aim with multiple relics against my now pip squeak legendry’s are an absolute joke. Not everybody agrees on this new AI phenomena . This “game” is intended for entertainment not a job… I personally don’t plan on returning to the game anytime soon after watching the progression of this games mechanics change as often as it has been. More to life than adjusting to frequent obsessive compulsive updates & continuous changes to weapons and other “criteria” for a game that is designed to be entertainment. Yes I can understand tweaking “new” components. Sadly Crossout no longer falls under the category for my entertainment. The fact I have spent countless hours in game & spent my fair share of money to support it only to leave it due to such nonsense sickens me. “A fool & his money soon parts ways” applies. lesson learned. To those whom support frequent changes, Good luck have fun.

Its your opinion, and its cool you share opinion.

For me i prefer Crossout changing a lot than receive “Crossout 2”. Myself i dont like “2” in games, since then i know my invested time will be lost anyway.(at least if they not using same parts/accounts)

I understand you fully, that by major changes to parts some of “time investment” is lost since need re-learn/re-build things, but myself i like this since i know game can move forward with that.

Balancing this game where you can construct so many potentially good builds is very hard to balance, thats why sometimes devs need to change general mechanics to allow balance game better.

So again, i understand your opinion, tho imo Devs at least last time made a good update, even when they needed make a big change to damage mechanic itself. I see more balance possibilites thanks to “pierce” new weapons parameter. Im not saying game is perfectly balanced now, but at least devs have more balance possibilities now. I would love to see multiple movement parts and variety of cabins and weapons used in late PS or ClanWar, not just hovers or dogs mostly.

1 Like

yup…

1 Like

I think I’ll buy that as a possibility.

I don’t know crap about A.I. or how they define their terms in that field, and I used the term “learning” maybe haphazardly. What I do know is that my behavior was identified, targeted and countered, and no longer worked after pwning them with my non-stategy for a considerable amount of copper.

I think they’ve updated their model, but IDK. I almost never do Patrols, and the experience I related here, was from the only real session of Patrols I’ve ever played, so I have little to compare the experience to. I mean, I encounter bots in PVP constantly (of course) but that is a very different scenario. It’s chaos in PVP

Since you do seem to be familiar with AI, I think you should go check out Patrol, and I mean really knock the crap outta those bots for a bit, and evaluate their behavior. I think your description of “pseudo-ai” describes their behavior better than…

I think they have improved their A.I. recently.

I think I agree. The game’s a bit of a mess presently (I kinda hate it a little), but these last two updates are laying a new foundation for a wider range of possibilities, maybe even cross-platform playing.

I noticed I now have a “Aim-Assist” setting here on PC. I thought that was exclusively a Console thing before? I don’t fiddle with my settings very often, but I never noticed an “aim assist” setting in there before yesterday. I think that’s new, and I think it’s in preparation for cross-platform gaming. Or, have people been using aim-assist on PC all this time, and I just didn’t know it?

2 Likes

Yes i hope, as i remember they even said about plans in previous news. This might be very good for the game. But ofc another thing to balance, it is PC vs Console. But still better have this problem than having players split on different platforms.

Btw. on Console item prices are like Double, so Console players should sell items before it happends.

1 Like

I haven’t really noticed much difference in patrol in terms of the AI, except that I think some of the new bots have radar detectors, which does make the entire bot team a bit smarter.

Just be aware that the cannon spiders will target you from across the map if they can see you, and that if you spray the whole crowd with MGs, they will all try to kill you.

2 Likes

If I’m in a fast enough rig, I will do that just for fun. They will indeed chase you all over the place.

What missiles work well with the Dusk? That cab is cheap AF right now. It sort of nerfs missiles rather than buff them (thus it’s cheap AF), I think. But if I remember right the Trombone works good with it, but don’t do much damage by themselves. I think missiles and a really quick cab might be fun to jerk the Bots chain with in Patrol.

It’s too hard to aim and zip about like I propose, and a better missile/Dusk combo would help. The Dusk is fast enough to tease bots with, but it really sort of makes certain missiles suck, and I can’t remember which ones. They’ve updated all kinds of things too, so I have no idea where they are at these days.

I think I’m going to go grab a Dusk real quick, then I will figure out which missiles to buy later. They don’t seem to be as unusually priced as the Dusk…Maybe they’ll buff it later on. It really does sort of suck, other than its speed and stylish looks.

1 Like

I’ve only seen people use it with Pyres, and it seems reasonably effective with them. But it turns them into a close/medium range weapon. Almost like reloading lances, so you might like that.

1 Like

All I know is a new strategy is needed . The days of face planting the once inept rock humping bot is over. Relic equipped bots with dead accurate aim from across the maps . Watching teams get smoked in less than a couple of minutes or less makes one think twice. Either about the bots and or the failure of player strategies. Pass the air soft rounds… I’m low on ammo here.

1 Like

I think it’s simpler as in all radar and visual radar based plus dmg taken and if the director of damage can be found.

1 Like

Maybe…probably.

What I know for sure is that they are much more effective in Patrol than they used to be. My plan to go tease the Patrol Bots and take their copper did not go the way I expected. These new bots are considerably more dangerous than last time I ran Patrol. I like it.

Patrol used to be a bot slaughter. Everybody would just rush the bots and tear them to shreds, and it was a race to see who could tear them apart the fastest. Not anymore. Not at PS 6-8k anyway. It’s way more sporty than it used to be. I hope they don’t get nerfed.

1 Like

It used to be cringe rofl situation when team loses in patrol. Somehow now it became rather frequent

3 Likes

Test it enter combat last.