Clan Wars: Perception is reality, what's yours?

Your opinion is yours, but boy do I disagree with it. 4v4 is less people, but they are organized and on comms with one another. PvP is more chaotic and could require more individual skill, but it’s alot of times pretty cheesy itself, with porc hovers melting enemy bots and turning it into 4v6. I could go on, but I definitely think CWs is the endgame if you enjoy competition.

2 Likes

I know, but it still happened.

I wish my internet connection was good enough to play Varuns full time, when the internet is not glitching out they are an amazing weapon

1 Like

You can disagree, I’ve been in CW and done it quite a lot.

I said what I said and I stand by it.

4v4 is for the brain dead, it’s barely arena teams.

Sorry, but I’m used to voice coms and 10-40 people instead of 4.

Hi,

I usually play about 10-25 Clan Wars games a week. I am in a high silver clan on Xbox that usually finishes 35-40th place.

I have 4 Porcupines, a Flash, nearly all movement parts perfectly fused, all the engines except Oppressor fused for power, fused Apollo, fused -mass +power Echo Cab, -mass + mass Blight and also some Dracos and Reapers. I also have perfectly fused ammo boxes and radars.

I mostly play 4 Porc hover, although I sometimes play 2 Kapkans. If there are too many flashes, or hovers on the opposing team, I switch to my fire dog. If there are too many mines I use a Porc Flash Hadron hover. My big Reaper spider is new, and I intend to use it in regular Clan Wars when there are multiple flash dogs, or when the opposing team is playing Retchers or Waltzes.

On Levi wars, we usually run 2 Porcs, 1 on tracks, and one in the air (me), a range hover leviathan with 3 Barrier 9 bubbles, and a strong degunning build, such as 2 Breaker, 1 Flash -Mass + Mass Beholder build, or Nova Arbiter hover.

Opponents in Levi Wars are mostly sausage levis and rush builds. Lately, fat Spark, Flash skinner builds, usually on Yokozuna cheetah cabs, with Cheetah, Aegis, Trombone are all the rage.

In regular Clan Wars, fat Reaper Trombone spiders, or Punisher spiders and hovers seem to be dominating. The very top clans play range, with fused bullet speed Scorpions on Nova hover being the ultimate build. I strongly believe that the top Xbox clans are using Cronus cheats that help with aim assist, avoiding collisions and seeing cloaked enemies. Also, DDOS attacks are common.

The problem with Clan Wars is that the cost of entry is too high. I think that the least equipped person in our clan has 2 Relics and multiple legendary builds. We are just an ordinary clan that has fun and consistently gets uranium.
There is some excellent Clan Wars equipment available for cheap on Xbox, namely Destructors, Waltzs, Gravastars, Kaiju, Reapers, Tacklers, Locusts and Incinerators. I am a firm believer in not nerfing any of these items or new players will never have any chances in Clan Wars.

Clan Wars is a rush and I thoroughly enjoy it.

3 Likes

Thank you for your description. Good insight. For PC, I’ve been seeing a lot of heavy Retcher wedges for Levi. Even if the Wedge is degunned. They can push around and wedge the enemy Leviathan.

I believe that too. CW (and XO in general) is not friendly to newer teams. The MM seems to pair weaker teams against much stronger ones. I think one of the biggest problems is the lack of participating teams. The CW MM pool is so small that the League system cannot work properly. Right now, CW is in a Catch-22. The MM is so bad that it punishes newer players, but more players are required for the MM to work properly.

1 Like

For new Players, I have this advice:

1. Play your battlepass gear. If you have Destructors, or Waltzs, play those. The new Avalanche and Heather are also pretty good. The Avalanche hits hovers very hard, often crippling them in a single shot. Heather hits spiders very hard. We are a zone campy kind of clan and we got demolished by a Heather in Levi Wars the other day.

The first legendary should be Apollo. Play the Bootstrap or charge until you get an Apollo. Never play Gas Generator in Clan Wars.

The second legendary, if you aren’t playing BP gear should be Retchers. Retchers are great in Clan Wars, except against machine gun teams, but more importantly are great in raids, so you can keep your resources and badges flowing to obtain new gear. Reapers are great as they are easy to build around, have great range, and fit with so many weapons. Play ML legs until you can afford Bigrams. Do not play tracks except small tracks, Omni Wheels or Grinders.

Hovers are too expensive for a new player. You need everything fused to have a good hover setup.

For Wheels, I think Hermits are the best as they turn the sharpest, have the lowest power drain and the best tonnage of any movement part. This is particularly important if you have a face hugging build. My Hermit Draco Blight firedog can literally drive circles around Bigfoot builds. I usually go with 2 non-steering then the rest steering.

Get Gravastars instead of Remedies for your rush build. I don’t believe in Remedies for clan wars as they don’t do enough damage to do meaningful work.

Get good with catapults, Incinerators, Yaogui, Heather, Vulture, Jubokko and Mandrake. Heather and Blight Incinerator are the best of the bunch.

Avoid drones and homing rockets as these don’t work in Clan wars. The exception is the Trombone. Trombones are completely OP.

The first relic should be the Flash. Why? Because you need it for mine control, locking down hovers, and preventing cannon builds from reloading. Sparks cannot sweep mines like a Flash, because the Flash does about a third more damage than a Spark. That means that you can drive full speed through Porcupines and Kapkans with a Flash but will get slaughtered with a Spark.

Also, you can use Flash for a variety of builds.

3 Likes

High silver placing 35th to 40th? That’s Wierd. That must be Xbox.

O

Oh yes, Xbox has the same 600 active clan wars idiots to play against. Gold ends at 25th place.

On ps4 our diamond ranks can go as far as the 40s atm. I imagine pc diamond goes up to 60 or more since it has a bigger population.

Like do your top diamond clans have crazy scores then of like 2k? Since I feel like all your good players have pooled together in the same clans and the rest are left getting pwned hard.

On ps4 we have a lot of clans get diamond one week and gold the next. So we have a pretty good range of strong higher end clans. There’s still some clans that never leave diamond though.

Xbox is dominated by cheaters at the highest end. They have two Cronus scripts that are unstoppable.

1. An aim assist that can see or is drawn to cloaked vehicles and ensures that shots are never missed. This is exacerbated by the fact that the top clans have the relic fusions to have + bullet speed everything.

2. And this is the worst. A script that makes hovers repel against any nearby vehicles. This is the worst. The other day I had one of these Nova hovers pinned against a wall with my firedog, at a dead stop, burning him, Flashing him and smashing the gas. The script works by magically creating a space between vehicles where there never was one and allowing the hover to bounce out of the way. On open ground you can never catch the hover with melee even with Spark or Flash, and in terrain, the hover will bounce off any terrain.

3. There are lesser scripts, such as getting the perfect tap fire on a Punisher, an Aspect, Assembler or Varun but these aren’t such a big deal.

I can’t wait until the 6-7 teams that do this face you guys, there is an investigation and their accounts are all banned.

The gold teams do not cheat and are not invincible, but they generally make fewer mistakes than silver teams and have better gear and team coordination. Gold teams will have full sets of perfect composition thematic gear for whatever they are facing. For example, One Gold team has 3 people with King Minelayer builds and a Levi. When there are that many Kings on the field, opposing Levis break down because there are too many targets. Or a Gold team will suddenly switch from rush to fat campy Reaper spiders. Silver league teams do not have the coordination or resources to get their members to invest in a team composition.

1 Like

This can be done with a macro keyboard on PC easy. And they do it all the time.

The other things people “think” Cronus can do are BS. It can not add features to the game like “spaces between cars” and “see invisible players” or “Auto gun target” or “show people on mini map” and all other kinds of crazy things people imagine.

4 Likes

the fact that the top clans have the relic fusions to have + bullet speed everything.

I can’t wait until the 6-7 teams that do this face you guys, there is an investigation and their accounts are all banned.

Yeah I wouldn’t count on whales who spend thousands of Euros ever getting banned. World of Tanks had the same problem, many top-tier clans were blatantly cheating, and Wargaming turned a blind eye, even when they were called out on it publicly. In the end, they partially “fixed” the issue by adding some of the most popular but not quite game breaking cheat mods as features, but aimbots and such are still out there, unmolested, as long as their owner pays enough.

@60915652

It can not add features to the game like “spaces between cars” and “see invisible players”

Theoretically, but who knows what bugs and exploits exist that can be used to do things that are supposedly impossible. You will have to take my word for it, but one time, I’ve seen a car with a PS of 2900-something, two Aspects on it. The two guns alone should have added up to more PS, yet there he was.

Hi Monkey,

I respect your opinion but you are never going to convince me the bounce cheat isn’t real. I’ve seen too much stuff.

In PC, H4TE clan and a few other clans got banned because they were caught rigging games. Other teams would throw matches so H4TE could win and stay on top.

Hi Darth,

Yeah man, I get it. Some crazy stuff happen in this game.

I’ll agree that people that use Cornus are scum, and it is against the TOS to run macros on all platforms. But before passing on rumors maybe do a little research on the device your talking about.

I like macros. I’ve always hated macro restrictions. I used to play a game called shadowbane that was heavily macroed by everyone. There was one rule at city banes though that we weren’t allowed to macro more than one character. But everywhere else it was macro all u want. I would run around with a priest and Templar on macro sometimes. Macros made it super easy to get Max level in that game in a few days. It was pur nasty PvP so you wanted everyone to be high level. Also you could just go out and kill and loot all the players farming up their charectors.

I don’t see macros doing much for me at all in a shooter game though. At least not one like crossout.

Hi,

Cronus is not a macro. It actually edits the code of the game file you are playing to change its parameters. This is how scripts work. It goes way beyond someone with a RAZER keyboard getting a good tap fire pattern for his Vindicators.

1 Like

I don’t understand how cheating is fun for anyone in a game.

Maybe on pc. But on ps4 you can’t edit game files like that and get away with it. You’ll be banned. It’s just not possible. Playstation pays hackers a lot of money to counter hacks. You can hack for a few days, but eventually they patch it quickly and you get caught and banned. There’s no hiding from it. Idk about Xbox though. But this is how it is on playststion. Your account won’t last long if your moding game files. No one can hack playstation for long with ought getting caught and banned. No one. So cronus on playstation just doesn’t work that way.