Clan Wars: Perception is reality, what's yours?

I have seen a few cases of cheating that were more than just that Varun macro guy (GJ Targem, you changed Helios because it was a macro shitfest, you release Varuns a year after, really pro).

My fav ones were that fused Typhoon dude who was aimbotting and autofiring on cabs, and the full hover scorp no kapkan team that decloaked three of us simultaneously past 150 meters lmao. Very credible.

The truth is, and this is valid for all these “clan” games: Highest ranking clans attract people who want to win, not necessarily those who want to put the efforts to win. Every top clan in any of these games has always engaged in crap behavior like market manipulation, and cheating. For how long have we heard the H4TE dudes boast about how they were the best? And were they actually the best, or have they just been cheating hard af for 3+ years?

Targem probably doesn’t care about cheating in CW either. Scorp and Typh being the best cheating weaps, it’s bound to generate some money for them.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s just another broken af hover mechanic. Once you get too close to one of the hover’s thrusters, it sometimes just jumps up and over your build and gets away. And once this BS thing happens, there is pretty much no limit to how strong the jumping impulse can be. You can land a 20 ton build on top of a hover while driving off a cliff or a bridge and the hover will simply jump upwards and flip you. None of this should be happening of course, but I’m sure this one is on the developers’ side, no scripts or any external tools needed.

2 Likes

You might as well ask why a fly is so happy to find a nasty, steaming piece of turd. Both are subhuman pests, and you shouldn’t waste time trying to figure out their ways of thinking, while you are getting rid of them.

3 Likes

The jumping happens because hovers change elevation depending on the amount of hovers and mass. So sometimes the hover loses hovers and falls lower, then some mass gets burned up and they pop back up.

This is beautiful.
Well said man.

Holy cow! I stopped reading right here.

I played Shadowbane for 4 years :slight_smile:

When I got bored of it, the last 6 months I played, I took a small group of guys and infiltrated the lore server.

We took that time to gain the trust of the Templar faction. It was ran by one of the Shadowbane forum mods. I took over 7 cities with Templars help over those 6 months. Then when the time was right :slight_smile: lol… we handed the cities over to the Asian Zerg. Which was the plan from the start.

It didn’t take long for a full server takeover and the game was closed soon after.

We had taken over other servers before this, but the lore server was the crown jewel.

It was bought by Chinese developers and has had servers in China for a while. It’s on steam now as of early this year.

After the game servers closed down so long ago a group of gamers started up their own shadowbane emulator servers. There were actually two emulators running for a while. Shadowbanemulator and magic bane. Shadowbane emulator lasted a good four years. We mad a lot of changes to the game though. One month we tested out a completely wacky but cool lore system where your guild had to play a certain Faction of races. They added all kinds of Wierd stuff to that, like the irekei Faction got irekei Templar and confessors. I had a Sundance Templar lol.

another shit take by crimson_cripple? lets go!!

Yeah, the official lore server also had groups like that. I did play the emulator for a little bit, but the population was to low so I lost interest.

It’s crazy, the game was Sooooo old, but I remember being at Banes with hundreds of characters in the same location and even modern games don’t do that.

None of the original shadowbane server had anything like that. Irekei Sundancer Templars and Sundancer Confessors were never possible in the original game. Like we had dwarf rogues on that test and all kinds of wacky stuff.

Crowfall is a new game that does that. It is shadowbane two. If I had a pc I’d be playing that game right now. Different name, but it’s still shadowbane2.