Clans

I agree. When I see that glow, I get like a Rottweiler running down a plate of Bacon. Fresh meat. Interestingly, Firebugs had a similar problem, in that you can’t paint the red off of them. I spent twenty something bucks for the CK Centipede and found my bugs to be much more survivable. Centipede breaks up the firebug outline and is fully paintable so it is much harder to see when moving.

This has been a huge advantage especially because I like my bugs up front. But the game’s not really pay to win right?

1 Like

I love this CK

1 Like

Sort of not. Firebugs also aren’t top tier weapon now. But this CK is a precedent.

1 Like

99% of the time when I kill someone with firebugs, it is out of stealth.

I kind of get your point about the red on the original item, but this CK is not going to make or break a firebug build.

1 Like

I group firebugs right into ever other dog build : Kill it now.

1 Like

Mental gymnastics trying to justify that paying to better hide yo most crucial parts are not an advantage inc :joy: :clown_face:

1 Like

I did play CW until last year, not in top ten but always in uranium score,
it is very challenging,
in terms of builds and time, moreover it is very easy to get angry and foreclose friendships lasting years.
Now I can play with more satisfaction and relaxation and even if they often ask me to redo the CW I prefer not.

You are obviously doing clan wars with the wrong people.

This is a pvp game, pvp games are competitive and usually attract the kind of people that want to win in that environment. That in turn brings cookie cutter builds, metas the whole charade.

However, nothing stops you from being silly and having your fun in any game mode. If you like clan wars and want to be silly, nobody stops you from creating a clan with that purpose!

But dont expect that in an almost pay to win pvp game like crossout you will find many people who will enjoy being silly over winning…

2 Likes

For sure. I’m just not interested in it enough to reattempt it anytime soon. It’s clearly for people who take the game more seriously than I do and have much more free time than I do.

I was the leader of 3 top ten clans on Xbox (also a few top 20 clans) and to win I had to be an awful person.

Kicking people for under preforming, forcing people to sell their gear for the META, forcing people to only play what we considered the best builds, and just being an ass.

The guys that where all about it did not see it as being an ass, they saw it as the right thing to do. Everyone that was on the same page did not need to be forced because they where already doing it to themselves. We thought this was fun…

Fun is far from the truth, I was a baby sitter for full grown man children that loved to chest pound and grunt all the time. The kind of self absorbed ass hats that I would never ever hang out with in real life.

I watched guys that used to smoke and joke turn into complete obnoxious sweat bags and low life’s.

Top end clan wars attracts the worst people. They disrespect each other and themselves.

Having so called “adults” getting pissed about a lose in a video game to the point that it broke up real life friendships.

I had a general in my clan kick a dude that he had know for 20 years since high school and even worked with the man in real life. He even went to work and told him he was kicked face to face… I can’t even imagine how that conversation went when he had to tell him “we are best friends and all… but you can’t play video games with me” - at the time I even praised him for doing it and for taking one for the team.

If this is the kind of thing you have to go through to be “competitive” in a game mode with giant no skill auto-aim Levi’s… then it’s just not worth it.

1 Like

I was in a happy clan for about a year. Then some players got sweatier and we recruited a very sweaty player.

Then, in fall 2022 the clan leader kicked one of his good buds who he had been playing with for years because he was playing some other game during clan wars and we needed a fourth player. After that, the clan leader quit because he felt bad about the clan and his behavior. This set off a power vacuum war between two hardcore sweats who each had their sets of guys loyal to them. I refused to join either side. They ended up leaving each other and leaving me in charge of the clan. Then I sent a farewell message to all and kicked the 3-4 people left in the clan out then left it myself to effectively retire the name.

Most clan breakups happen in similar fashion. This is way too much drama for a video game.

3 Likes

It only takes one to destroy a good thing.
I had to retire CWs because I’m that guy.

It was a good thing for people that wanted to play top ten because I was known as a person to build winning clans. But on the other hand I had to :poop: on a lot of people to do it.

The clan I’m in now I have been in for about a year.
They are super chill, play for fun, they let newer players join (well… new to CWs), they even play other games with each other and just hang out in chat with each other.

I’m a general in this clan and I consider this the best clan I have been in only because they are good people. Not because they are a top clan…

But that’s where my weirdness steps in… like I said above, I’m “that guy” but at least I know it enough to not ruin a good thing for them.

So…. Here the weird part.

In over the year I have been in clan, I have only been in clan voice chat with them twice and only played clan wars with them once.

I was always a target caller when running clan war in my other clans, and since they don’t normally play that way they where happy to let me run the clan war session I played even though this was the first time they ever played with me. They all listened well and we kicked butt pushing a normally top 40 clan into the top 20. Everyone was super happy and had a ton of fun.

But that is when I realized if I wanted this clan to stay a good clan… I couldn’t play with them. Because even though they would love for me to help them transform into a top 20 or above clan they don’t realize that fun goes away when it is your job to stay in the top 20 or top 10. And I can’t turn that off.

So, I talk to them in clan chat from time to time and hide in their clan tags so no one will invite me to another clan.

1 Like

I enjoyed the clan I played in. Fun people. I would like to blame other people, but in fact, I was the reason I left. No one was horrible to me, no one kicked me out, it was a good group of people that laughed and had fun win or lose.

I really lost interest in CW’s when I realized my skill level just simply isn’t number one. Or even top 10. Or top 20.
Ore is nice, but that is not what I want to compete for.

So now I play what I want, spend many hours building then logging off and never entering a match.
I enjoy the game more.

Maybe I will go hunt my missing cameras soon…

4 Likes

only prestige 200?

What I said was:

But thanks for your contribution.

Why would anyone want to be in a clan? All they seem to do is be too afraid to play pvp by themselves and always run around with 1-3 clanmates in the same stale meta builds and have petty clan and discord drama with one another in the meantime. Is the uranium really worth all that?

3 Likes

Its extremely fun to get micd up and crash PVP with your friends. Especially if you can play coordinated themed attacks such as:

Rush
Range
Porc
Kapkans
Heather
Spiders
KTM
Mastodon wheel builds
Therms
low powerscore Avengers on hovers

You get the idea.

I personally like a variety in my play and sometimes play solo and sometimes seek group play. I’ve been playing with some of these guys for years. Also, the Xbox community is very small and you should take some time to get to know some of the other players you have been playing with for years.

1 Like

Is this perhaps what is making the OP upset in the “Remove 4 Man Teams From PVP” thread?

I mean, it doesn’t make sense to call BS on that thread if what you say is a thing. I get that issue periodically, where I feel like I’m getting trolled by teams, and you can see their Clan Wars monikers, too. Personally, I have bigger issues with the basic mechanics of this game than groups trolling PVP, but it happens, is frustrating, and if making Clan Wars more enjoyable for that crowd would help solve that issue, I think it sounds like an important thing for the developers to adress…along with some of the odd balance and broken movement part issues they are working through presently. It sounds like a good solution to me; to make Clan Wars fun again and indirectly improve PVP by doing so.

1 Like

Off course it’s a thing, but I still believe that everyone has the same opportunity to make a team and to fuse gear and to build meta or not and so on…

And those dudes worked hard for their gear. So now they should be punished for playing the game? No.

So even if I lose to a team like that all I think is “Good game man, you guys kick ass.”

2 Likes

I currently play solo. Don’t even have a headset nor mic.
I have played squads quite a bit in the past.
I play against them now.

I can see where squads should be restricted from X PS and below. What that PS is… idk. 7k? There needs to be a little bit more breathing room than lvl 10 engineers for new players.

I kind of feel like if you have purple weapons, you are ready to L2P.

But really, it’s the wasteland, survival of the strongest… or strongest squad…

2 Likes