Do you enjoy playing Crossout

I think you are right that this is just the first step. They clearly pulled back from some of the bigger changes they initially proposed so that fewer builds would be broken, to reduce the anger that greets every change in Crossout.

Once it is in place, any upcoming balance patch can be more precise. I don’t think there needs to be more to it than that, but having said that, I fully expect future balance patches will break more builds by upping the energy cost of some items.

As far as melee goes, I wouldn’t be surprised if there was another nerf of some kind coming, but from what I’ve seen, melee is much more of a threat in some PS ranges than others. So maybe only a couple weapons will get a nerf, rather than any big overall change.

I still believe that right now the strength of melee and flamethrowers is a good thing to keep the DPS plague in check, but I think long range builds need a buff to make things more balanced overall.

2 Likes

i always stop reading when people say this.:kissing_heart:

Sorry for being annoying, that’s just how I talk.

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything wrong with considering the potential conflicts, or subjectivity, of ones own expressed opinion or perspective. It seems like a practical and polite conversational skill to me…but whatever. I’m no manner nazi, myself. I’m at least part a-hole…but I can still appreciate the effort to be civil or open minded. I wasn’t always an a-hole.

3 Likes

I’m a firm believer that most things are a bit fuzzy. Black and white absolutes just aren’t accurate in a lot of situations.
And often when I post something, part of it might be a disagreement with someone, and another big part of it might be agreement with other aspects of whatever they said. I try to make it clear that I’m not trying to say “you are wrong”, as much as I’m saying “you have a point, but it’s more complicated and nuanced than what you said”.

Unfortunately, many people don’t see that I’m doing that, and just get mad that I’m not agreeing with them 100%.

3 Likes

I know I do. :grin:

2 Likes

The game could be so much more, ive brought back unbalanced games to popular ones before.

2 Likes

Indeed. Much more maps is what I’d like. I pretty damn bored with these, and wish they’d tinker with the environment half as much as they do the mechanics.

3 Likes

Acknowledging different sides and issues is a big part of critical thinking.

1 Like

They did new maps because of choppers and i’m not a big fan of those.
I like maps as Rock city, back in the day we disputed the caps, we used to meet in the middle.
then i went to warships.
A year later, when i returned the dynamics of that map have been changed by someone ( i assume) now we do not meet in the middle, we stay and fight strait away, the caps become secondary.
Brilliant, the guy who started that trend deserves a medal…
or they changed the map? i can’t remember
It still is my favourite along with Founder’s Canyon

2 Likes

All they do with these seperate game modes is split up the playerbase , everyone waiting longer and fighting more bots. :person_facepalming:

1 Like

if this was the case, then you probably would agree that “the game has issues” isnt equal to “i dont ejoy playing the game”

heres a good game mode for console aim assist nd cam trac players nd non aim assist nd cam trac players have their own lobbies

I mean, the way you talk about the game comes across as way more negative than “game has some issues”.

But it does make sense that the reason you are so intense about your disappointment is that you have high expectations for the game, and feel it has let you down.

I’m not going to pretend that I actually understand that impulse, but I do recognize it as what is driving your posts. It just seems really unhealthy to me to put those kinds of expectations on a game like this.

For me, my expectations were always much lower. I am constantly surprised that a free Russian game that’s still in beta after this many years is as fun as it is, so I never really feel any disappointment.

1 Like

crossout is developed by a moderately sized studio with a massive publisher, and judging by the ingame monetization scheme my assumption is that they make good money.

i honestly think that my expectations are even below “a random tiny russian game studio”, youve heard the points i made already but ill say them again. p2w / balancing is very easy to repair if they actually put effort into it, but obviously since players (no offense to said players) seem to be actually incapable of not spending their lifesavings on items in order to compete in the current meta, targem probably doesnt see a reason to change their current scheme.

i know people already know this, but targem is here for your money, not to make a good game for you to play. you dont need to be nice to them, complaining about ingame things is ok.

Is Targem really a moderate sized developer? And is Gaijin really a massive publisher?
Both seem small potatoes compared to the big players in gaming, at least to me. But maybe that’s just because some bigger companies have studios and offices nearer to my part of the world, so my perspective on big is skewed towards some truly massive game businesses?

Is there any public reporting on either Gaijim or Targems yearly revenue? The target team doesn’t seem particularly big to me. And none of the gamers I talk to in real life have even heard of Crossout (other than the one who told me about it, and the one guy I got into the game).

ppl havnt heard of love out cuz their living under a rock trying to get into ESports with CUDDLE warzone nd what nots :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

crossout is not an AAA title, i dont know how much money targem makes but gaijin is pretty massive (not that that matters to targem).

i think most people who play either gaijin games or vehicle builder / combat type stuff know of crossouts existence, and the playercounts are not that low either compared to mainstream titles.

but ultimately none of that matters because it looks like targem sees crossout as a project to make “quick” money and move on, not to make a truly sustainable long-term profiting game

It’s my understanding that publishers (gaijin) tend to make more of the business/monetization decisions, while developers focus on making the actual game.
It’s my impression that most of your complaints are more about how the game attempts to make money, so most of the problems you are mad about are probably because of Gaijin,

Seems like Gaijin are pretty committed to the live service business model for a lot of the games they publish, but from everything I read, that model isn’t really working for many anymore. It makes players feel like they are being milked, and there are too many games requiring their players to be constantly spending money and completing tasks, which is stretching the market too thin for the scheme to work.

So the question is, how many people would buy Crossout for $80 if it meant they were never offered another pack, BP, or premium?
I definitely would at this point, but I’m not sure if I would have before actually trying the game.
Is the one-time-purchase model something you wish Gaijin would switch to?

As far as size goes, it doesn’t look like Gaijin is anywhere close to the top 50 game publishers. Pretty sure that means they are not “‘massive”.

I mean War Thunder appears to be their biggest game, and it’s most famous for players posting classified military documents on the forum to try to win flame wars. It has happened a ridiculous number of time now, so much that I’m starting so wonder if the game is actually just a honeypot to get members of rival militaries to leak secrets online.

Do you have many specific ideas of how Gaijin could rework their business model to make the game more enjoyable for you, but that would bring in enough money to keep the game running?

dont you think they can actually improve their game (in the sense that its more enjoyable for all players) to raise their playercounts, and naturally have at least the same amount of money from packs as now, plus more recognition as a game to get into.

i think if there was an actual crossout alternative, like “build your apocalyptic war vehicle” type of game, a massive chunk of the current playerbase as well as future potential players would permanently move to it. i like the concept and the way the core of this game is executed, but the only reason i play specifically crossout is because there is nothing like it.

for instance, imagine if war thunder didnt exist, and everyone just played world of tanks. wargaming would get away with any sort of monetization scheme, because there would be no other game to move to