Efficient, Accessible and Budget builds ("EAB" tag)

Very cool project you put together.

But my advice would be to NOT build a Levi at low level.

Buying all the blue items is a waste of coins.

It will take forever to get any return on the investment.

1 Like

Indeed, you make a valid note.

This Levi is matching my builds recommendation,
itself matching the list of free weapons any player can get.
The 4x shotguns, the 2x cannons, and 3 of the 4 vectors are free, with the 2 wasps.

The only weapons to buy are 1 vector and 2 rapiers. To farm correctly in the game anyone needs a mg, shotgun and cannons builds at 5k ps each in order to farm most daily and weekly challenges. The 2 rapiers are cheap.

Later the player can complete the Levi with Maxwell (optional, 3 rubys are already used), 1 more ammo crate (optional, 1 is already free), the chill (optional, 2breezers and a taymir are already used).
The wheels are also free from packs

2 Likes

Quite a great start for the “EAB Fun bus” !

1 Like

“How to Farm” is a good subject anyone should attempt to understand as soon as possible in CrossOut. I agree with your assessment, here… also, getting a build where you can complete the weekly normal and/or hard raid weekly challenges should be a priority. Those Engineer Badges are the real meta-resource in the game.

HOW you accomplish that will vary player to player, but you’ll certainly want a build that can hit the small & fast bot-builds you’ll encounter in those. Machine guns & the faster auto-canons are a safe bet for pretty much anyone.

I also suggest building something as fast as possible to farm the 20 side missions each week. Fast, light & stable so you can run around that enormous map quickly. 100 badges + rewards for the missions + scrap picked up along the way is an oft overlooked goldmine.

Real question for anyone… Why is this a bad idea?
My general understanding is that the stronger the Levi, the more likely it’ll be to win matches & therefore gain resources.

My Levi is as strong as I know how to make it, and it… yah know… kinda sucks. :rofl: :clown_face:

Mine is about 3x higher than @41358411 Charlie’s, but I’m not getting any better rewards than he’s showing.

Apparently, I don’t understand how the whole thing works.

Players often overspend trying to build them early, while the rate of return is fairly low i.e. 100 copper if you actually win. The same money spent could be used on a raid builds which can have a larger rate of return. In the case of Charlie’s he’s not spending much on it and mostly using giveaway weapons that are freely available, so it minimizes the issue to a degree.

3 Likes

I tried making a Levi recently with a lot of legendary parts and a huge amount of armour, and it never got in any Invasions. Sent it out every day for a week, and it never caught a match.
Maybe I’d have more luck making something with lower tier items?

2 Likes

I didn’t spend a lot of time on mine… It’s at 46000 or so. It gets about two matches per day, loses all of them. :joy:

I don’t know what the magic formula is if there is one. Charlie’s build nullifies the theory that they need to be high PS.

I have that issue often too or I’ll get 1 at near the 24hr mark. PS of mine is currently @ 29.6k

We are agree on that subject, and I’ve already several options for normal/hard raids.

“EAB Vectory” for Mg daily challenge /scrap-cable-battery weekly challenges/Normal raids/Awakening (I redid the whole story to make sure it’s a comfortable build to play the Adventure mode with)

And right now my recommended budget hard raid build is EAB Crusader, a sturdy Pilgrim tackler build (Efficient, Accessible and Budget builds ("EAB" tag) - #100 by 41358411).

For the levi, I’m adjusting it a bit but yes, the goal is close to 0 dedicated investment, and with parts and gear from level 17 in order to assemble is and make it fetch copper asap. Basically after that, and if the returns are like my previous screenshot, the player should not touch it never ever, as even with my personal legendary levi for CW I just get similar income in average.

3 Likes

Now name it Ray Pierre

I was thinking “Caterkiller” :smiley:

1 Like

Today’s result.
I think there was no result yesterday

1 Like

At least your getting something :slight_smile: congrats man.

One question - why did you build your Levi like a clan wars Levi? This type of Levi is powerful in clan wars but in Invasion that type of design is not very optimal since the AI does not know how to properly use that type of set up.

1 Like

1 more question…why can’t we watch the levi’s fight?
1 tab away from watching the battles…(ie…clik this tab and watch the battle)
are they really battling or just predetermined?
just saying,i played this mode before sending my battle pets to get resources + some extra goodies, sometimes they do sometimes they don’t. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Spectator mode would be cool :slightly_smiling_face:

Or something that would let you replay matches.

2 Likes

I can’t remember what games they where. But I remember some very very very old games that would let you replay PvP matches and move around them in a spectator mode.

1 Like

At least then we could learn what’s working and not working with our builds. As is, it’s speculation… which, now that I think about it, is probably why I rarely touch my levi.

Well… kind of.

I do agree a spectator mode or replay mode would help people to easily identify things wrong with their own builds.

But in the current state of the game it is not 100% speculation. Basic building knowledge takes out some of the speculation and then the biggest one is playing VS Levi’s in invasions.

After a few matches you can figure out what style builds are hard to beat. You don’t have to cut and paste something from the exhibition to have the basic understanding of how to build what you just saw kick your butt.

Now :slight_smile: not everyone is going to have those skills. I know a few guys that have played from the start of the game and are in top 10 clans that have never once built anything themselves.

I will go even one step farther and say I have been in chat with dudes that have admitted they don’t have the metal ability to build a car. Now that’s not negative towards anyone, it’s just the truth. Not everyone’s brains are wired the same way.

1 Like

Adding to your good points…

Screen recording my own matches and then watching them has also been a great teacher. It not only shows what I have done wrong and right, but exposes weak points in my builds.

I almost never run anything from the exhibition. I just enjoy building my own things too much. Even so, I will occasionally download something from the exhibition and try it out. Then, I will take it apart one piece at a time to learn from other people’s building styles. Like you said, not all of our brains are wired the same.

1 Like