Failed weapons

Vultures are the 3rd best drone imo after Yauguai and anihilator. I think theyre pretty decent for a drone.

1 Like

how do you use them?

Maybe your just bad with them. Now joules are very strong. Yes durability is their greatest weekness, but now you can just burry the crap out of them. I do very well with my burried therm build. And yes i do beat mgs 1v1 all the time when they are fresh.

3 Likes

fatmans - why? well i just feel that the cannon doesnt do much damage, similar to the other cousin of the fatman, the elephant. it kind of suffers being a precision cannon. that how i view it at least.

hurricanes - very good range, but not much elseā€¦ they can be hard countered by sparks / flashes or even fast firing machine guns barriers and even modules like the stealth ones. they just have to many hard counters to be useful. same go for pyres.

quasar / pulsar - mainly due to close range builds and shotgun builds countering these hard. they are just not runnable due to the amount of vulnerability you have.

vultures - simply put they are terrible. you cant ever run these in pve due to the bots instantly targeting them. not to mention as soon as they come out of cloak they are instantly targeted and one or both will be destroyed before activating.

anacondas - these things are incredibly weak, not to mention they are a huge target. the issue is running these in pve isnt worth it and will be targeted and instantly destroyed if they are close. poor fire rate, low and pitiful damage on top of being a huge target makes these pretty bad.

all i got for now but ill come up with more tomorrow.

how do you play with vultures? Im working on that banner unlock now.

Failed wheels: Gun-Mount Wheels. You canā€™t mount guns on them.

1 Like

Joules have a huge blast diameter of 5 blocks and they can launch a ton of shots at once. The secret is to use 2 fused seal radiators. Just point them at the top of the enemy cabin and everything dies. Iā€™ve been playing fused Therms at 8500 and feeling guilty about it. Joules are some of the strongest purple weapons. Also, play ā€˜ā€˜em on omnis and keep your range about 100 as in the video.

4 Likes

Varun
Repeated firing crossbow, with a slow pace of firing and a pain to use firing mechanics. Just give it the plasma emitter treatment and make it fire continuously as you hold the button, and if that would make it op, just abandon the perk of landing hits boosting the weapon in any way

Astraeus
Charging shots and not charging shots, itā€™s just a pain to use. Make it so that both shots (charged, not charged) do the maximum damage, lower said maximum damage a bit, and change it around so that uncharged shots cause self damage, and charged shots do not

awesome clip for oh so many reasons!

first of all, finally we see some good and fast gameplay, its day and night compared to the slow ass console clips we usually get here. delia ā€œthe sheilaā€ hawkings quick response prooves it.

then the comments ā€œinsane playerā€, ā€œmovie level supsenseā€, ā€œsexy gameplayā€. true and well deserved imo, was a good hardcarry.

but what really rounds off the video is steel artist (former jessey from general chat, anyone?) and warbrand ranting and raving in the general chat in the background while the badger is actually playing and cleaning house.

3 Likes

I used a boosted Clarinet car for around 2 years and was able to ignore all the nerfs to the Cockpit, with the latest putting boosted damage at 96% of that with the Harpy. But without Hans, I could no longer reach snipers, so I gave up the weapon for a few months. Now, with the Barrier IXā€™s energy reduced, Iā€™ve been able to combine a Barrier car with a Clarinet car, which is working out nicely, if not for all the trash on the ground:

1. New vegetation added with the reworks of several maps. But I can learn that, just as I had to learn the new maps in custom battles before going into PvP.
  2. Debris from the bridge, as shown in the video. Now I know, and will try to remember. But if we can drive over it, it shouldnā€™t be a problem for Clarinet missiles. Itā€™s negligent development. Another aspect is that even if I were able to fly missiles over it, the debris obstructs vision, so I wonā€™t see whatā€™s behind it. This addition is very bad for the weapon, overall.
  3. New graphics effects, i.e., bigger explosions and billowing black smoke - thatā€™s bad and obstructs vision with any weapon. Itā€™s a problem even in raids, because it can disorient momentarily, and you need to think fast in raids these days. Remember how raids used to be relatively chill, predictable? Then, in early 2021, raiders began following players even if they cloaked. And sometime in early 2022, they started targeting weapons - which supposedly intensified later that year. I have a theory that these new effects may have been intended to make gameplay harder, so weā€™d lose more often and would be more inclined to by some crosscrowns, to buy coins, to buy any resources we lack. I do like these new effects, but thereyā€™re a problem.
  4. Vehicle wrecks - now, this is the worst. I canā€™t learn that in custom battles. I can spend hours learning every map in a brawl with bots, perfecting my tactics (which is crucial for a boosted Clarinet car, but also important for any vehicle), but I wonā€™t be prepared for a pile of scrap spontaneously appearing when piloting a missile. Especially if itā€™s obstructed by vegetation. I accept seeing barely anything with a missile that flies just above the ground, Iā€™ve worked out methods to work around that. But even with strategies for avoiding vehicle wrecks, theyā€™ll still be blocking some convenient passageways for the missile. And without Hansā€™ +2 sec. flight time, I wonā€™t be able to reach certain targets by going around such blockages.
  5. Another nerf could be considered in the form of the Icarus VII flying at 95 km/h. Now, a Clarinet pilot has less time to get away from an advancing hovercraft. I may have found a way to mitigate that by upgrading another Clarinet for +10% blast radius and combining it with the Harpy, with Jay in the other seat. When a missile hits, I can see that it hurts. So I may not be able to run away as effectively as in a boosted car, but I can try to stop a hovercraft before it can reach me. Which is helped by continuous Barrier shielding.

Iā€™ve calculated that with the Icarus VII flying at 95 km/h, the Clarinet needs to have its base flight time extended by 3 seconds. And with this new trash on the ground, it could be even more. But would the Clarinet then be balanced against ground vehicles? It alrady is a ā€˜cheatā€™ weapon. With Hans, it worked just fine and felt balanced. The buff to the Icarus VII may have unbalanced gameplay in a number of ways. In a recent Q&A, Goth Princess Yuri explained that the reason for it flying at 95 km/h was intended to make it more different from the Icarus IV. I can understand how that can make sense just in that limited perpective of an interaction of two modules, but the Princess seems to have ignored the implications of such a change for a whole lot of other elements of the game. But Iā€™m not surprised, after the subtitles in the Mr. Twister dev stream showed me what Yuri thinks of playersā€™ opinions (there was only a Russian version of that stream).

The recent change of the Bridge map, as well as the buff to the Icarus VII just show the developers donā€™t know much about the Clarinet, which would be because they donā€™t use it (but in one dev stream, Alex said he was using Spikes on hovers at the time). Iā€™ve taken Clarinet gameplay to another level, and was doing it for around 2 years, with numeorus videos demonstrating how cool and devastating the Clarinet car can be, in new, unexpected ways. But I canā€™t get that info to the developers because my videos are being ignored by the moderators, who, as I suspect, are the ones selecting clips sent in for the Crossout Show. And thatā€™s only because Iā€™ve repeatedly reminded them to follow the chat rules when I saw them breaking those. Thatā€™s primitive and harmful to the game. Or when in 2021, in a Garage episode it was announced they needed a high-PS Clarinet car. I quickly pasted together a cool compilation and linked it in a PM to Sipovec, who was then in charge of the Garage. The title said, ā€œThe high-PS Clarinet car that you need.ā€ Nothing happened. Five weeks later, in another Garage episode, they featured a Clarinet tank with Goliaths and two Caucasi. The narrator rightfully commented that it wasnā€™t an effective vehicle. How am I supposed to promote innovative, game-changing gameplay, when what Iā€™m trying to show is ignored by those in charge of vital aspects of the game, sometimes on purpose, other times due to incompetence?

Hereā€™s the Crossout Show submission no. 3, to illustrate:

BTW, anyone interested in the Barrier IX, but not the Clarinet - they can grab the pre-upgraded module in the event workbench. With the -17% recharge time upgrade, you only need 3 modules for continuous shielding. With 3 energy in the Doppler, the Verifier and a Chameleon, youā€™ll have 7 energy left for weaponry. For the Clarinet, youā€™ll need 4 Barrier IXs with the extended duration upgrade, which adds 2 seconds, now for a total of 11 seconds, after the recent buff reducing the activation delay by 1 second. The base duration is now 9 seconds. My latest Clarinet car can be found on the exhibition:
Battlemage 2023.02.10 001
Now that Iā€™ve started using Omnis, I bought a Corsair Scimitar (found a brand new, unopened, for just EUR 19.49, Iā€™m not crazy), which has conveniently placed thumb buttons, for Omni strafing. Though some other mice, with just 2 thumb buttons, would do, such as a Corsair M65 (which has a great sniper button that can be used for precise sticker placement).
Oh, and itā€™s 1550 lighters with the basic BP.

I think Iā€™ll mention Gungnir as well, even though we still donā€™t know how good it can be since it has not been around for that long, but the idea behind it reeks of a failed concept, itā€™s a machinegun that gets accurate the longer you shoot, but tap firing already gives machineguns pretty good accuracy. So the only reason to not tap fire and just hold to fire would be to get the bullets shot out at a faster rate than with tap firing, but as the gun heats up it starts to shoot slower. So then youā€™re just left with a double negative. At most it feels like a machinegun for people who are unable to tap fire their machineguns for medical reasons and have to hold the firing button down because they canā€™t spam tap it.

1 Like

I never said I have problems with them. Iā€™ve said theyā€™re underperforming by their durability and overall damage. Usually I destroy human enemies with Whirls. And I can do it with or without stealth and radar, bampers-close or from afar.

The fact that you can kill burning or unsuspecting enemy applies to all weapons, including drones. Joule are underperforming, thus they are not worth their ~1100 coins. Barely exceeding 200 durability and having crap damageā€¦ meh. Whirls do better.

Dude #1 was a Parser I lit up prior.
Salvage they became cause I was blitzinā€™ harder than a panzer division on schokolade.

So you just proved my theory about you playing better than them. Which, in order, disproves your words about their alleged capability of killing you there, ā€œ1v1ā€.

Joule is still underperforming, my point is proven by in-game numbers.

More on failed weapons; Astraeus. Lol. Weapon is fun and rewarding and its good to know nobody is going to be carrying game after game with it unless they r good. Smacking peopleā€™s guns and cabs for 608+ damage never gets old.

1 Like

killing either blind people with bad builds or bots

hiding behind the allies when they are present

making sure allies are dead and then destroys half-dead enemies

using stealth and Omni on each build

Uh-huh. Surely itā€™s the weapon that is doing all the stuff. Totally not the sniping-waiting-for-the-allies-to-die-and-them-come-out-style.

Funnily enough, all I need for my Whirls is a set of wheels. I donā€™t even need to tank them up much.

Seems ok when used with a single cooler. Not over the top powerful, but decent. Itā€™s biggest bonus is being able to armor it so well.

Being successful and the weapon being good are two different things.

Older players have a lot of other factors going on - like co-drivers, fused items, more advanced armor, skill in the game and so on.

If you play anything long enough you can make it ā€œlookā€ good, but that donā€™t mean it really is.

This is the dumbest comment Iā€™ve seen in this thread. A weapon doesnā€™t get better the longer you play with it. Player gets better. Some weapons are a bit trickier to play effectively. What the simple among us call a good weapon, can usually be translated into easy to play effectively.

Thank you for saying the same thing I did in a different way. Maybe reread.

Also, I hope starting off by being rude made you feel better about yourself. I for one think your awesome!

5 Likes

The ā€˜failed weaponsā€™ are what keep me interested in the game. I donā€™t like it when a weapon is too easy, I like challenges.

3 Likes