Failed weapons

Some things do take skill to get the hang of though. Some of these weapons have a little bit of a learning curve that if you don’t respect, they will not immediately grant rewards. Like the Waltz, for example. It sure sucks when I use it, but I know if you can get the hang of it, that thing can be brutal…Fuzes just sort of suck. You can practice all you want. They still suck.

2 Likes

Because they Nerf it… :crazy_face: :rofl:

2 Likes

You meant buff?

I know you started your comment saying the same thing.

It was this part that triggered me;

“If you play anything long enough you can make it “look” good, but that don’t mean it really is.”

Monkey said it right. No hubris detected on my end

1 Like

This ain’t fair man, I can’t be getting trashed by a man with no clip drip on god. Fr man slide the butter.

I think i have to use google to decipher this.

2 Likes

I am meming, but I’ll gladly get trashed by Kehich if he posts some nice clips of sustained fights

I feel like some of the so-called failed weapons have the ability to do decent damage, but are so difficult to play that it’s rare you see them in game.
Those are the ones that a dedicated player can do well with if they master them. I can think of a few, but I’m curious which ones other people see like this.
I actually think it’s good to balance high damage with high difficulty, but it seems like not everyone agrees.

2 Likes

The only time I saw them being used well was a dude who had built the front of his truck to be designed to shove his fuses which were being deployed out the front. He must have maxed out his energy with fuse drones. It was a one shot kill… kind of like the old Lance builds. I think that was a YouTube video, though.

There’s no way I’m crafting or buying enough fuses to try that out myself! LOL I agree with you. They suck.

1 Like

What ain’t fair? You claimed “weapons are fine because I carry games by them being strong”. I have watched your videos and you snipe enemies from afar or from behind your allies. You always use Omni and Stealth, which is good for a sniper but it actually shows that your weapon need them in order to be effective. Since Astraeus and Joule are, in fact, sniping and half-sniping weapons, respectively, they won’t be performing so well on a regular wheeled build or low speed heavy cab build.

And before all that, you claimed:

Which I have analyzed and asked for proofs. You have brought proofs to exactly opposite. That’s pretty much it.

What clips you possibly want from me I do not know. Since my claim was that Joules are underperforming by their numbers. Do you want me to bring you a screenshot from the game? Do you want me to show you their price and durability? Do you want me to test them on damage sphere?

Besides, you never show the fights where you lose. And you never show your fights “start-to-finish”. It’s like you selectively choose footages which won’t disprove your position. I could be wrong and you are winning 100% of your games with Joule and Astra. On different builds, movement parts, cabins, et cetera. But so far you’ve shown me nothing that would prove your words. And I can bring you in-game screenshot that shows Joule’s numbers.

So here we are.

Enlightenment, it’s supposed to be an anti-invisibility device, but does not do that very well. The Verifier does the job of being anti-invisibility much better.

What was the purpose of this thing even to begin with? Was it genuinely just filler?

1 Like

Therms are trash, Joules are good. Not sure why PvE players would try to split hairs for pages over what’s good in PvP U_U

As for what I think are failed weapons, I’d give that to the Typhoon, Assembler, Pulsar, Equalizer, Impulse, TOW, and Flutes. I’ve genuinely tried to use them and they just did not work in any niche I tried to play them in.
Typhoon; No balls, can’t hurt anything. Weak explosion, weak single-point damage, weak perk that doesn’t negatively effect overheat builds enough to matter in a fight.
Assembler; Not enough damage, its less accurate than fully aimed fatmans and will miss cabs/weapons past 100m, it turns slow, is huge for its hp frontally, and does nothing uncharged
Pulsar; Yokai’s replaced it. It used to be the weapon of choice for splashing people and namely hovers. Pre nerf I’d slash hover frames in CW for 700+ damage every shot. Its perk is pretty garbage too and doesn’t make up for lack of damage and splash.
Equalizer; Its just bad. Even on hovers its bad. Its a fragile minigun that requires sustained fire/line of sight and needs to build up damage over time. Therms are more dangerous than this lead vacuum. Even in raids with an aurora its damage is lackluster compared to Whirls, Joules, Millers etc. Combine this with very slow turn speed and they can’t react to erratic targets.
Impulse; It sorely lacks rate of fire and does not make up for this with velocity nor overheat time, nor can you used it as an effective indirect fire weapon because of how obnoxious grenade trails are. The grenade trails are like allowing enemies to see where your mandrake is aimed; thats free info that makes a long traveling projectile easy to anticipate.
Flute; The red lasers kill any niche use of this weapon, coupled with its awful perk that guarantees you do no damage, or you obliterate the guy with one shot like lances. This is very bad for a weapon already so niche based on its mechanics. I tried to make it work in heli mode but the moment an enemy sees those targeting lasers I wasn’t hitting them.
TOW; Dogshit. Cannot work between vehicle wrecks, friendly vehicles, lackluster damage, and piss poor controllability. It needs 3d flight and its perk should be a tandem warhead, so a rocket that explodes twice, so it hits like two cannon shells stacked on the same trajectory into a build.

I’d have to stream my entire day playing to show you that joules and astras aren’t failed weapons at this rate. I already showed that they can be used effectively. Astras are very hard to use but nothing hits for 604 damage at that powerscore in an instant with that velocity, so they have a niche that NOTHING else can work in except maybe Medians.

And someone else in the thread is saying therms are good and joules are trash.

Your both wrong.

I do well with my therms.

1 Like

I like the Therms too. It probably just depends on the power-score you play them at, like a lot of things.

I sort of want to like the Joules more than I actually do. I haven’t really discovered their potential, but I feel like it’s in there. Sometimes they really hit the spot. Other days they just don’t, but I think the Therms have been consistently good.

1 Like

Almost every weapon can be used effectively haha little cart goes boom. But roughly 60% of all weapons can be used effectively on most builds and only a few of them can be used on crap builds and still be good enough to help players overcome the crappiness of the build.

So it’s not the question of building the vehicle that would help overcome the flaws of a weapon. I haven’t said anything against that. It’s the question of the weapon being flawed on its own. Niche weapons do exist but that doesn’t make them flexible and omnipotent.

So let me ask you a question. Would Joule perform the same way on Bastion cabin (without any engine), as it does on your build on footages above? Would it perform better on, perhaps, a wheeled build or Bigram build? Would that be beneficial or detrimental for them?

As for my mileage: I tried Joule on hovers only. Omni weren’t “invented” back then. Mediocre at best on the field, even worse in PvE.

For me, Whirls did much better in PvP. I can’t recall the name of that small BP we had; it came with 3v3 PvP arenas and a bunch of prefabs. There was that build on exhibition, Hunchback with three Whirls. It literally ripped the enemies apart and I, who basically slapped my three Whirls on Favorite, could never destroy that build. Unless it was paying no attention to me. And while I farmed batteries and wires, whirls never failed me. They aren’t sniper, but they do destroy the enemy faster that other two purple autocannons.

Therms are close to Joules, fused Therms are on unfused Joule level, maybe bit better.

Not sure why you wrote this, you not even owned Joules or played with them. :rofl:

Pyres. As homing missiles, these things are worthless, and nobody uses them outside being reusable lances with a Dusk build. It is extremely tied to the Dusk and reduced to a close combat weapon, to the point that even on a Harpy the only way to make them work is to play them as if you were playing with a Dusk build.

I think this is way more tied to the whole supercharged fiasko that turned the game into such rush happy close quarter car combat game, and Pyres are one of those weapons that might have worked in the earlier version of the game, but was pretty much abandoned and forgotten like so much other gear is

Pyres were never very good. Dusk gave them a role to shine in.