Frustrating market

Your lucky they only put up 5. Sometimes I’ll drop 20 of an item on to force a price.

Some of us can buy items when they are very cheep from packs and then sell them as prices go up.

For example on my platform the low price on a racing wheel ST is normally around 45-50 coins. Well… because of a pack this price dropped to 25. So I bought about a hundred wheels.

Then I’ll sit on some of them for awhile, when the bottom is 50 and the top is 80 (like normal) no one will be able to compete with my cost tell all of my stock is gone.

This is how real life works too.

1 Like

Ya, the real world is so awesome.

1 Like

And Crossout is even worse, since we have a micro-economy, but you don’t have to feel bad when it’s a video game.

Ever since I played Super Mario Bros. As a kid… “I want all the coins!” lol

That’s a good deal! Racing wheels are a main ingredient for Icarus VII so they are always in demand.

I’m ratholing cheap batteries and am currently at 26,000.

1 Like

what does your comment have to do with what I explained? your describing something else entirely different than What I am talking about.

I am talking about those who manipulate market to keep others from selling their for coin to prevent them from getting better gear or fusing what they have. manipulators I am talking about sell low.

YOur talking about profit buying low selling high.

discovered how they are controlling the resources at the base of everything. they deliberately set the buy order high. for scrap for example. then they sell it back at a price point that brings in about .4 coin per 100 scrap. this effectively locks out low level players who are trying to play the market as intended to get ahead in the gear department.

example place bid to buy at 10 coin for 20 stacks. turn around sell at 11.64ish. or even lower, as a means to lock out low level players trying to buy at 8.5 to 9.5 or less per stack. but where those buying orders are actually using the resources for the purpose to craft parts to either use themselves or sell said crafted parts for small profit. where they took time to acquire the resources craft and sell to those who do NOT want to take the time to go through the whole acquisition process that can actually take a LOT of time out of your schedule.

This can be done by a single anti social player to stop lower level players from competing in PVP by bringing the lower players grinding to a halt due to not having access to resources at a level they can afford. due to limited coins they posses. thus not able to access parts like avalanch, stillwind, toreno. and others. nor can they fuse the upper level parts because of the anti social market manipulation.

My suggestion to use only for resources NOT parts. is to create 2 color code system in storage for the resources. one is white the other is red. the white is the resources you get from reward and farming, this can be sold on market.
the red stack is the resources purchased from market. this can not be resold must be used for crafting. and those parts after crafting then can be sold.

this removes the anti social bottleneck regarding the flow of resources from market to user. and prevents anti social from manipulating the base resources as a means to block progression of the lower level players from acquiring better gear. that will allow them to compete on a more skill based level of competition in pvp. instead of also being hampered by not having access to better gear.

By doing this only for the RAW resources this prevents players from using market to block other players progress in game. because if you flip the same part it doesn’t stop other players from progressing because the other players can just buy the raw resources and progress that way through crafting. and avoid those who are trying to deliberately restrict others ability to progress.

They don’t have to do the full 20 stacks they can do it with 10 and just keep adding more at 10 coin buys. as the 10 others or more are sold

So that person still has ability to use 10 for their own use.

The market is to be “played” as we see fit.
There are no rules to how someone can use the market. It is 100% player controlled. Things similar to this have been brought up over the years and the development team is 100% in support for a player controlled market.

What really messes up the market is price corridors added by the dev team to control high and low prices.

2 Likes

someones victim card is wearing out
if the market doesnt work one way for you try a different approach , flip common items at first ; example buy 20 rubys for what like 0.80 then turn them around for 1.20 … just doing dailies in patrol you can get about 500 scrap for 30 minutes , then turn around and spend some fuel on copper patrols , 2 days and youve got enough to craft a rare without even trying

and if you havent yet you should grab the free packs from the promotions and giveaways thread , youll get some auto cannons , wasps, sledgehammers etc .

3 Likes

Why would they need to afford these Resources? They can just farm them.
Why would they want Legendary Weapons you list when they can farm with Rare Cobras and Falcons and Vectors and Sledgehammers?

There is no increase in Rewards for raising your Power Score. Farm low Power Score, stockpile Resources, Craft what you wish from Resources you farmed or Sell Resources you farmed and buy what you want.

If they put in a high buy order amount, then sell them some high.

Just play the game and you get Resources!

it affects everyone. ITS NOT A VICTIM CARD. ONLY PEOPLE WHO PREY ON OTHERS MAKES THAT CLAIM EVER.

brother man , it takes like 1 month to go from starter truck to fully fused sledge wedge , so long as you stop crying and actually play the game

5 Likes

To be fair, it took me a while to figure out the various aspects of the game. I lost lots of coin on bad market decisions, I sabotaged myself with poor building, and didn’t understand how inflating my PS can make the game so much more frustrating.

I’m not sure this guy wants our advice, but we might as well give it, in case some lurkers are suffering like this player is.

1. Focus on playing and building. You will organically accumulate resources and items.
  2. Do the things you enjoy. If you hate raids, you don’t need to do them. If the market frustrates you, don’t play it.
  3. Building and playing skill is the most important thing, and the only way you learn is by failing.
5 Likes

I still do not understand this conspiracy. They buy high and then sell low? He said they put in high buy orders. Buying high is counterintuitive, or am I reading his words incorrectly?
Why would a new player seek to fuse legendary parts? We just had a fusion special and my friend fused all his Pythons and Hawks. He already had 4 fused Cobras and Falcons. He burned through his stockpile of Resources and had to exchange Badges for Plastic, but he got 4 Fused Pythons and 4 fused Hawks. Now he farms new Resources.

1 Like

I didn’t go there with bad market decisions. I actually made a crafting chart and set baseline material cost to help scale buy to sell ratio for resources to crafted parts sales.
So each part has its craft cost base on a baseline cost for resources. example 100 scrap 10 coin is base line. craft and sell based on that line but try to buy at or below the 10 coin. then do a 15% markup or higher, based on the prices of items selling.

I don’t try to do that with the resource base materials. buy low, sell high. because that ruins it for everyone else trying to progress using the market. especially by using the buy order process.

The service I am providing people is the time it takes to craft items. so that they don’t have too take the time to acquire the base resources or parts needed to craft higher level parts. I will move up once I get a solid base of spare coin and base resources. and base blue parts.

the devs have been systematically scaling back resource payout since I started playing. So that method of grinding is NOT really working . they did that to try and push people to spend more money on p2w.

the market is the only way around the bottle neck which the devs admitted that was why it was added to game, because there was too great of imbalance between grinders and the p2w players. in terms of having the best parts vs not. Also it was showing to them that the p2w players were actually slowing the progression of grinders.

And the market was meant to try and alleviate some of that progression suppression.

example p2w brings an 18k build to raid. grinder only has 8000ish ps build this directly limits the payout to the 8000ish because the bots they are trying to kill are lot tougher because of the 18k ps build. so your racking fewer points as result NOT because of lack of skill, but the bots are higher durability than if everyone was 8000ish ps.

example when I go into plastic and I am TOP ps by 4000 I walk away with champion and 10k+rep. and resources scaled to that.
But when in plastic where running under 13k to 18k and I am low ps 8000 ish, my rep and resources is scaled to 4000-6000 rep. OR LOWER depending how vast the difference in PS is between the other 3 and myself.

So progression is then suppressed. because I should be bringing in 10k plus rep when running with my level or lower.

The top PS know this as well and don’t want to give up that advantage. then they say to you you need to spend more time grinding etc. well of course they say that because they are getting my share of the rep. when I get matched with them. at 4 k plus higher than I am in PS.

So market manipulation is actually a big deal for those at my level. who did NOT jump on the p2w band wagon. And to those who understand HOW the market is being manipulated. And the easy fix that would eliminate the problem.

What engineer level are you at?
I’m having a hard time understanding your posts, but I think knowing where you are at in the game might help me understand.

I just wanted to quote that because I think it needs to be read repeatedly by multiple people not excluding myself.

5 Likes

prestige 11 engineer. only 2 purple cabs. limited weapon choices. and over 200 parts from badges yet to acquire. 2 hovers 1 omni wheel, 4 bigfoots. 2 small tracks are only purple mobility I have. (really need omni directional for pvp. especially if using close in weapons. range weapons has not really worked when running with random groups that won’t stick together.

So I don’t have access to retcher, avelanche and the other HIGH dps parts. etc. And its hard to know which one to go after for use in pvp till after you get the weapon. and actually use it in pvp. and the parts I really want are NOT craft-able. like gravstar, avalanche, stillwind, or it requires battle pass etc to actually craft it. worse the p2w gets the fused version for an extreme fraction of the resources needed. SO they are clubbing the rest of us with it while we don’t have something to counter it. and then devs nerf the crap out of it before we can actually get our hands on it and its another mediocre part. NO LONGER the part p2w was using to club us.

So i do NOT have a lot of build choices to counter p2w players. and since I started the devs have significantly reduced resource payout.
So I often get placed with builds that are 4k or higher than me. in hard raid for example. this cuts my copper in 1/2 for example.
plastic was running with people more than twice my PS. before getting set of bigfoots. and 2 small track. to increase weight limit and traction.

I don’t really have the resources to fuse and get consistent fuses on even blues. where you have to repeatedly fuse. so the only way to compensate the resource reduction is to play the market. or join the p2w. ANd devs been pushing hard to get more to join p2w.

I have 8 fused racing tires nearly all of them are different perks. only 2 have same load increase and another 2 have extra traction. did this during the fusing event where 2 tires were needed instead of 3. but it was random fuse event.
I don’t even have the resources really to take advantage of the grinder items in BP and events. SO the only thing I have to show for the last 6 events or more is a huginn cab. only because I had 2 of the cyan parts already needed to buy the pack part off market.

I am trying to get hovers while i do the market. as i go. because there has been too much intentional manipulation of the base resources, where someone is intentionally driving up the buy orders. like it was 9.23 coin they jumped it to .01 below the sell order at the time. which was 10.04 ish or thereabout. put 10.04 10-20 buys. they turn around and increase what they just bought to about 11.64 that gave them about .4 coin profit. NOT efficient way to make coin and using that many buy order slots.

the only logical reason to do that is to lock out low level players or players who do not have large stash of coin on hand that can ride out the manipulator screwing with the market base resources.

So my proposal to fix that would solve the base resource manipulation. while allowing people to still profit off the resources they farmed and the parts they craft and resell. and it would specifically prevent people from wrecking the buy order process. SO it goes back to a on demand price setting for buying. And put a stop to abusing the buy order for sole purpose to resell it without actually doing anything with it.

this allows those with few coins or low level to still progress in acquiring parts as the DEVS intended. as a means to balance grinders and p2w players. because devs KNEW the p2w was wrecking the game. and they were losing players who purely grind thus leaving too few players to play with the p2w players or ones that have most everything from years and years of grinding. back when it was easier than it is now to get top tier parts. YEA I been talking to other players how it use to be easier to get top tier gear before they added another weapon class (more parts needed to craft higher tier items. etc. .

the only 2 decent weapons I have are 2 whirlwinds. but not good choice for pvp without omni directional mobility . and its sucks in close quarters combat in pvp. I was usinging them mainly for raiding my bread and butter.

working towards retchers need 2 owls and 1 impulse. intend to buy the impulse and craft the owls. impulse takes more parts and the cost of wheels are higher if crafted in pairs.

You’re actually further ahead than I thought. Do you have a generator, some engines, and a radar detector?
If not, focus on that stuff before worrying about legendary weapons.
If you think your experience now is frustrating, it will get much worse for you if you start running legendary weapons without the rest of the gear and skills you need.

It sounds to me that you are worrying too much about raids, and possibly confused about how the matchmaker works. Remember, your teammates in raids are your allies. Don’t get upset if some teammates are running high PS builds. Sure, your rewards might be a bit lower, but it will also be easier to complete the raid without using extra repair kits.
In PVP, you really don’t need BP items or anything fancy. Use what you have, and learn to use it better by playing lots of missions and fine tuning your build and playing.

I’ve never bought a pack, although I have paid for the cheap versions of the Battlepasses (but none of the mini BPs). I’m a grinder, and quite willing to help, if you’re willing to listen.

I’m a bit confused by your writing. Is English your second language? It seems like you’re describing the normal way the market works, and I’m not sure what the problem is.
Here’s how I approach the market: I play a lot of missions and allow resources to accumulate. If resource prices are currently high, I’ll sell them, usually for one cent less than the current lowest sell price. If someone else undercuts my price, I either lower my price, or just log off and see if it sells while I’m sleeping.

If I have a bunch of coins and want to buy something, I’ll look for bargains. That way if it’s a bad choice, I’m not out that much coin.

It doesn’t need to be more complicated than that. I know some people who love playing the market, but you need to have a lot of resources/coin to really do that, and you also need to really understand market trends.

I know the game can be frustrating, but that is usually due to how the player is approaching various aspects of it. If you listen closer to what we’re trying to tell you, your experience can improve.

Serious advice I’d give a friend I care about…

You seem to have serious “part envy” which is what gets us in trouble in a game like this. We see these cool parts in the game that we don’t have and can’t acquire easily, so we get frustrated and demoralized.

Don’t let that happen to you.

You can do very well in pretty much every game mode with very few parts, but you have to be strategic in what parts you get.

For the rotating daily challenges, you’ll need a cannon build, a shotgun build, and a machine gun build. Supporting parts for shotguns & machine guns are pretty much the same (radiators, coolers, cabs etc).

Canons will need their own set of supporting parts (ammo boxes, flywheel, cabs etc).

So, focus on getting a good machine gun or shotgun build first.

I’d suggest Sledghammers and/or vectors and if you like them, upgrade to Maces and/or Sinus-Os. If you like THOSE, fuse em. (don’t get rid of the sledges & vectors, though)

Are there more powerful shotguns & machine guns? Yes, but they take one more energy. In some ways, the Sinus-O and Mace are “end game” weapons in that you can go higher rarity, but PS-wise, you’re not really getting that much better of a weapon - if at all.

Another reason to go this route is these are core weapons. They’ll always be viable through the nerf/buff cycle.

Take the advice for what you will… this is where I am, and I still have sledghammer, maces & Sinus-O builds saved in my blueprints for use when those challenges come around. Meaning, I have much higher rarity weapons , but I choose these “lesser” weapons for good reason.
Z2

I chased those cool looking weapons I didn’t have for a very long time, and that’s one of the biggest regrets I have in the game. I wish I’d stuck with some basic weapons, got good with them, fused those builds completely, and then… and ONLY THEN… gone after the cool stuff.

At the end of the day, I rarely use my parsers, avalanche, heather, reaper, waltz, destructor, vindicator etc etc etc… They’re cool. They’re fun… but if I want to win and do well dependably, I go with the basics.

Cannons are another issue. I hate all of 'em and use Assemblers. I wouldn’t suggest that for most folks, though. They’re a handful.

1 Like

Another frustrating part of the market is when people always raise your offer by 0.01 coin. At some price range, like with legendaries, this should not be allowed, offering 1 coin more but not 0.01 would make more sense. It’s really fun when you make an offer and within 30 seconds someone has always raised it by 0.01 coin. You update your offer, someone already raised that by 0.01 coin.

Every time I am trying to buy a legendary for 100-200 coins cheaper I end up in a rat race of 0.01 price increase and usually this leads to just grinding out the 100 coins while slowly updating your own offer by 0.01 coin in between each match rather than waiting for any seller to lower the price.

It’s really frustrating, especially when you are missing out on a 2000 coin item for multiple days because there is always someone offering 2000.01 coins and they keep snatching up the item for 2000.01, if you put 2000.02 it’s now 2000.03 and so on, and by the end of the week you buy it for 2300 after days of never being the faster +0.01 and earning up scrap