Functional art build techniques

on topic

Finally managed to make an effective build on growl with low clearance wheels.
screenshot-230701-152539(-21;3;143)
Previous version I had didnā€™t offer enough protection to guns.

2 Likes

Itā€™s pretty much been off topic :slight_smile:

Not much build advise going on in here.

I like how you use passive melee parts to protect your wheels. I do similar things.

3 Likes

That man is a folk hero

2 Likes

Run offset cabs. Good for 5th wheels and cruiser gun layouts. This was a shitter build I threw together with a skinner on the roof for impulsiveness but I had refined versions of this for PVP and raids.

3 Likes

Thanks, I meant to reply to this and I forgot completely. It looked good int he old deep water:

Itā€™s very fun to simply drive around too as it goes max speed and is surprisingly stable

4 Likes

screenshot-230702-174526(-24;7;130)
I tried to make an art build and it seems we have a difference in the definition of art

6 Likes

I dunno man, that looks pretty cool to meā€¦ It doesnā€™t look like a car, but it does look like itā€™d be perfectly at home on the set of a Star Wars movie.

4 Likes

I thought it looked pretty cool when I was doing it, but couldnā€™t tell what it was specifically,Shaped like a stealth bomber, but the bomber will not carry two cannons

2 Likes

It does look stealthy :slight_smile: GGs man.

To me ā€œbuilds that look like carsā€ are only one very small part of functional art builds.

4 Likes

Jar Jar Binks wants his weekend ride back!

1 Like

Ya, me too. I read the thread title as being broader than just cars, although there is a written qualifier that implied something more narrow like that.

That is a cool build though. Is it ā€œfunctional?ā€ I tended to consider my build ā€œfunctionalā€ if I could kill two or more players with it in PVP, otherwise it was back to the drawing board. If I could kill three or more, then Iā€™d post it to the builds thread. Iā€™m not sure what standard other people might use.

I tend to not consider Patrols as a competitive mode (although the new Bots) that is capable of determining a good build, but Raids might be a good standard to use for determining what ā€œfunctionalā€ means.

IDK. I wonder how other people are interpreting ā€œfunctional.ā€

1 Like