Functional art build techniques

No that is not how it works.

It is not very strong, but it helps keep the Crosshair stuck to what you point it at. Many people find it distracting and just turn it off.

But it does take getting used to, anyone not used to it will fight it so it just feels sluggish to them.

Many people will turn it on and off depending on the weapons they are using. (People like it on MGs for example)

Half the guys I know just turn it off, BUT note that it is on by default, so someone that has just installed the game will have aim assist on.

Iā€™m sure many people on PC have had aim assist on and they donā€™t even know it.

1 Like

These last two updates I think are incomplete, and even though they really threw schit into the air with them when they hit the fan, I think in the long run (I hope) these new updates, once the bugs are worked out, will be good for the game. Itā€™s been a mess though.

Wheels feel good again (still miss my handbrake), and even the hovers seem to be sporting more diversity and getting away with it. Cannons appear to be happily smashing things again, and their efforts at aiming seem to be finally appreciated. The Shotgun wedge is still playable but doesnā€™t seem dominantā€¦prolly off topic, but Iā€™m glad to see a better future for this game trying to emerge. They were dashing my hopes pretty hard there for a while (knock on wood).

1 Like

Here, this is how the aim assist looks now, you can see how it drags and sticksā€¦ it moves the entire screen and itā€™s very easy to see from game play if someone is using it.

This is how Aim assist used to be, you can see how it used to nearly lock in placeā€¦ the little flicks are the actual aiming of the player and the rest they donā€™t even have to touch the controllerā€¦ It was super broken back then and people abused it so much.

1 Like

For sure, the game feels much better right now.

Okay, thanks for the explanation, guys & the videos @122160823 . That 2nd video is how I thought it still was or even worse.

I honestly wouldnā€™t mind something like whatā€™s in that 1st video on PC just to help when circling someone at high speedā€¦ to keep the gun on the target.

Back on topic a bitā€¦

I know this isnā€™t a ā€œshow your buildā€ thread, butā€¦
z6

z5

I build & re-build artsy builds all the time. I probably spend as much time building as I do anything else.
This current one made me realize I do something that may not have been mentioned previously. I often stick with the smaller cabs unless the cab is going to be fully exposed.

Smaller cabs allow me to use more parts in many cases. I love the Dusterā€¦ itty bitty!

I also often use weapons that donā€™t really need modules to make them useful.

This build has
Adapter
King
Hardcore - fused
Chameleon - fused
Maxwell - fused
Racing Wheels in the back & landing gear ST in the front.

One energy point left overā€¦

z4

Itā€™s a hoot to driveā€¦ a bit slow, but at that PS, everything is slow.
z gif3

1 Like

Roopull, im at work, but ive a lengthy rebuttal coming your way afterwards lol. I will ask if youve ever owned Punishers now tho.

Noā€¦ I havenā€™tā€¦ and maybe heading you off at the pass, I know from experience, they can sponge up a lot of damage.

Itā€™d still be gunning for them, though - unless there were more tender morsels to be seen.

A half block completely eliminates ALL gun depression if within its turn radius.

My guns on nonart builds get that half block of bumper armor just outside their turn radius, the maximum you can get with gun depression

Also, they are on an omamori and the aegis game is key.

We ALL aim for weapons, on every platform

4 Likes

It is already in PC.

Thatā€™s the whole point :slight_smile:

PC and console both have it. Just go in the settings.

You might even be using it and not realize it.

It is on by default.

1 Like

Itā€™s only for controller users though, surely.

After that last post, I looked for it, but yeahā€¦ Not for keyboard and mouse, I think.

I honestly donā€™t know.

I donā€™t have it installed on PC anymore.

But the person I heard it from said it was working with keyboard and mouse. They said they had to go in the settings and turn it off because it was messing with their aim.

Thatā€™s all I know.

I wish someone could 100% confirm.

BUT, even if it is just for controller, PC players have been playing with people with aim assist for a long time.

Also a side note that has nothing to do with this topic: Anyone ever heard of making a PC think the keyboard and mouse is a controller?

I see the setting in PC for aim assist for controller, but I donā€™t see one for mouse/keyboard. :man_shrugging:

I almost want to try it with a controllerā€¦ havenā€™t played with one in years, but the kids have several floating around the house. Iā€™d probably hate it. :rofl:

BTWā€¦ art buildsā€¦

Accidentally took this into PVP. Got 3rd on the team. :rofl: :man_shrugging: :crazy_face: :clown_face:

z3

Imagine how pissed youā€™d be if you got wasted by that! :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

maybe an article for Rex Lincoln to tackle??

He should splice clips of this in too while heā€™s at itā€¦

1 Like

Cal Worthington and his Bedazzled dog, Spot. (hoping you remember those commercials).

1 Like

Needs to have some crazy eddie too:

1 Like

for a dollar

1 Like

Waiting for that message to stay on topic nowā€¦ lol

Stay on topic.

:wink: