Game is in the middle of a meta shift

this topic reads like the classic casual/consolero vs mlg pc gamer debate. nobody playing pc cw is really diagreeing with gangsterism, only casuals and consoleros who live a different reality.

7/8 doesnt equal 80%, it equals 87.5%. the latter number rounded up correctly would be 90%. obviously he wasnt about being mathematically correct but making a point.

his point however isnt as overblown as you make it seem with your false math.

whatever a top 5 pc clan plays regularly is meta. pc cw is way more competitive than everything else because there are more teams which makes for stiffer competition in the highest paying mode. noblers link and the last few cw clips on there show what gangsterism is claiming to be true.

1 Like

lol, my math is very bad apparently!

My apologies!

So if it is true that 90% of the players in high ranking PC CW are playing bricks, how do we fix that?

Would raising the energy cost of legendary engines work? Or better to nerf the damage of some shotguns and flamethrowers? Or some other solution?

Is that even a problem?

Itā€™s not my problem. I just donā€™t play that mode very often, if ever, and I wouldnā€™t expect the competitive modes to relax their standards to accommodate less determined players like myself.

I donā€™t even think that would work. It will always be one META or the other, and frankly those screenshots show as much diversity as they ever have. I wouldnā€™t ever expect that to change. Why would it?

The only problem I see is the lack of creativity. It seems like we could do something more interesting than a rectangle. Other than that, IDK if the build methodology needs to be ā€œfixed.ā€ I feel like this is exactly what the community wanted when we protested the spaced armor method.

Itā€™s an issue I think would be better addressed by the players than the developers. We should come up with better ideas. I think the developers did their best to give us what we asked for here, and it took them about a year to get it this way, so I doubt it will change soon.

I wouldnā€™t be against a durability buff for cannons, that IMO would be useful in getting the dogs to back the hell off, and also make that play-style (cannons) more viable, relevant, and believable.

1 Like

Maybe, if cannons put out more grotesquely exaggerated damage at close range, dogs would be less prone to rush them and just push them around.

I just drive through them because once they miss, their reload is so slow that by the time they are ready for the next shot, Iā€™ve torn off their wheels and left them for dead.

Even if I stay to finish them off, they are likely to blow their own guns off, or arenā€™t even able to reach the proper angle to fire on me.

Cannons seem like they are in a bad spot, and maybe thatā€™s why the dogs are such an issue? That, and shotguns do a silly amount of damage to cannons, which IMO should be virtually impervious to them.

Itā€™s a ridiculous scenario, and Iā€™m not really sure how they should address it. I think itā€™s more relevant than the brick issue, which I really donā€™t have a problem with.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping the new reload module helps cannons become more scary again.
I find in my cannon builds, quick reload is the most powerful way to buff their performance. But I get bored of the hadron/king/cannon format, so Iā€™m looking forward to other options.
I also think penetration and explosion mechanics could be tweaked more.
It would be ideal if an executioner volley could pierce through enough stacked armour to pop a brickā€™s omamori. Maybe they already can? I should probably test that.

I keep looking at the Deadman (I donā€™t have one). It has a reload feature, and I think I might like it to carry me through the Ravager BP with. It seems to suit the genre wellā€¦I think I just convinced myself to get it.

Iā€™ve also convinced myself to get this Ravager BP at this point. Itā€™s just so unusual. I think itā€™s the best sci-fi this game has put out so far. The Morta seems damn weird for any game, frankly. Those wheels too. Theyā€™re very unusual. How do they top this? IDK.

I donā€™t think any of it will be particularly META shifting though, but META isnā€™t my thing, so IDK. None of it seems terribly OP, but weā€™ll see.

1 Like

Deadman is lots of fun, but I usually save it for high energy weapons like Yongwang or Avalanche, so that you get the maximum reload boost.
Also, it canā€™t carry much mass, which makes it hard to use with cannons.

But itā€™s definitely a cool cabin, and Iā€™m not selling mine anytime soon.

I think the modules from this BP may help your style of builds a lot, even if they bump your PS up a bit. Should allow for some powerful yet compact builds.

1 Like