Gameplay is becoming insufferably bad

You can’t expect to come on a forum for a game and convince the rest of us to boycott the game because you aren’t having fun.
I’m having fun, so I’m going to keep playing. I don’t think packs, premium, or the mini-BPs are worth the money they cost, so I don’t buy them. The main BPs are a good value, so I do buy them.

The problem is, you assume everyone else shares your anger. If that was true, no one would be playing the game or spending money on it.

I want to come back to this quote, because too many people on this forum seem to think that because they have spent some money on the game, they can act like they are the bosses of the developers.
This is not how the world works, but too many people act like this.

If you come into my work acting like that, we would kick you out and you would never be able to get a haircut with us again. Just because you spent some money at my workplace does not make you my boss.

Don’t be that guy standing in the middle of a fast food restaurant screaming that they need to talk to the manager because they believe that cheeseburgers should come with free bacon. All the other customers hate you, and the kitchen staff are going to spit in your burger next time you order.

I don’t care what money devs get from where, I just want them to make the game good and actually balanced in a way that makes sense.

Playstyles, weapons and builds that are hard to use and master should be strong but with a steep skill curve whereas the easy stuff should be a lot weaker. That is extremely simple game balancing… in other games it can be as simple as a semi-auto gun doing more damage and a full auto… or a character with limited movement getting more HP/Damage than one which gets movement advantages.

But no not in Crossout, nothing is allowed to be strong unless it can be use by the lowest of low skill players because they’re the only ones who seem to be catered to anymore. Every build I see if either on camera steering omni movement or they drive into people… there’s probably about 10% that isn’t this and it makes for stupid gameplay.

You don’t give all the advantages to the easiest to use items in a game, it’s simple game balance but it seems the only way they can make money is selling solutions to those too stupid to think of their own… metaslaves get literally herded like the sheep they are and as long they see a win screen most of the time they’re too ignorant to give a f*ck.

1 Like

Buff cannons, nerf machine guns: give machineguns bullet ballistics, and increase the speed of cannon projectiles by 100%. And for the love of God, remove Retcher bots.

2 Likes

Here are some example profiles of who i bought material grid off. The game is not gonna change for the better because the devs know that addicts like this exist who will just keep coming back no matter what. Like I said earlier trying to convince these guys to stop spending money in the game is like trying to get a gambling addict to quit gambling.

I wouldn’t say 100%, 25% for fixed angle and 50% for Turreted

The level of market purchases to sales always shows the level of whale-ism… I mean look at this person…

NNJwjk3

1 Like

I was merely pointing out the fact that a lot of these players have been playing for a while. If you looked at my profile you think that I’m a whale too, i got 33 000 market purchases and 17 000 sales which is like twice the number of sales. You should look at the market patches instead because that’s a better indicator, my sale patches and buy patches are pretty much even.

Perhaps so, the correlation just always seemed to work out for those that I thought were very likely to be whales of some degree.

I just remember how the used to be and much better it was. I know people always say the usual “but things change over time” but is it too much to ask that it changes for the better instead of continuing to change the for worse…

It is probably like a mixture too. Not saying that any of these players don’t make coin naturally but i can tell by looking at their market patches that a lot of what they own did not come from the game itself. Here is the patches of the dude who crafted 15 relics plus 496 upgraded parts with no clan wars.

Now compare that to a juggernaut market flipper like myself who only owns 5 relics. Here is my patches

1 Like

Mine are often out of balance from buying resources in smaller groupings. I tend to sell mine in the larger amounts which equates to less sales too. That happens often with me when I’m balancing out just the resources. Crafting for me tends to work in the same mismatched number game too as it requires more items then the production puts out.

1 Like

I want speedy f&cking cannon shots. Give me the speedy F%CKING cannon shots!

1 Like

i dont know where you read me saying that you should boycott the game, or that i am telling you to do things specifically. all i have said is for people to consider not spending money, which i would assume is not that difficult, unless you are addicted that is, which is the sole reason this game is dying - whales spending massive amounts on the game and presumably ignoring or failing to see anything wrong with the game.
do you see any problems with the game as it currently is, and if so, do you ignore them? do you understand that you have the right to request something from the devs, because as i have said 50 times already, we are the people paying devs salaries.

i should be the boss of the developers since i pay them, or at least usually game developers tend to implement or fix things that many players are complaining about or requesting.

do you want me to remind you of what crossout developers have utterly failed at accomplishing?
its almost everything theyve done over the few past days, and that does include listening to any player feedback at all, on top of which failing to push out good updates, or rather at least updates that arent complete shit

in your analogy you say i am an unreasonable customer that all the other customers hate and that the kitchen staff is going to spit in my burger next time, while the reality is: i am a very very reasonable customer, expecting the actual least, the other customers tend not to hate me for speaking the truth, and there is already a large amount of spit in my burger.
on top of that, comparing a videogame to a fastfood restaurant makes no sense, a cook just cookes food for you to eat, but crossout developers are paid to develop the game further with the expectation that the players have some amount of control over the direction of the game. so again, pointing out the humongous issues this game has that we have paid for to be created in the first place does not make me an unreasonable customer.

people who play live service games in general should learn to stop sucking the dicks of developers and speak out instead, and that does include people who enjoy the game. (sort of wouldnt be here if i didnt enjoy the game)

Simply put, the no-brain weapons, like all type machine-guns, miniguns and shotguns, are just too effective and good compared to things that require any kinds of skills, like for example Argument, Astraeus, Arothron, Phoenix

For example the Astraeus, it could do insane damage, so it got nerfed, but honestly it should do insane damage, getting it to do that insane damage is hard as balls because of how long it takes to charge up a shot fully and get it to fly out of the gun, compared to hold down mouse and point cursor in general direction of a build like imps or hammerfalls and just autowin unless your opponent uses the same stuff

Then again the game has many things dumbening down gameplay going for it, like any kind of skill weapon being directly tied to Falcon codrivers highlight explosive bits perk, and the penetration mechanics making most things like cannons be just a brainless shoot at center of mass kind of a gun.

Take away the Falcons shoot here with scorps-perk so there’s once again some skill outside being able to aim at the highlighted part involved with ranged weaponry, tone down the overall effectiveness of easy to use weapons everyone uses because them being so easy to use is already good enough, they don’t need to outperform all types of random weapons on top, Rework weapon HP and damage resistances so the blatant strip wars isn’t the main focus of all gameplay where realistically a single cannon can’t win against a single rapid fire machinegun, for starters those would be some ideas to genuinely do something to the game, rather than all these obscure things like HEY WE ARE REWORKING ARMOR PIECES BUT NOT CHANGING ANYTHING FOR THE GUN STATS SO BASICALLY WHILE A STRUCTURAL PART MIGHT LAST LONGER 4 IMPS STILL STRIP CANNONS RIGHT AWAY JUST LIKE THEY ALWAYS HAVE or this big flashy energy change that is most likely just going to be HEY NOW INSTEAD OF A PURPLE RADIATOR YOU HAVE TO USE A BLUE ONE BUT OUTSIDE THAT YOU WON’T SEE ANY PERFORMANCE CHANGE ON WEAPONS AND BUILDS IN ANY DIRECTION SO YOUR SAME OLD STALE META BUILD IS STILL THE SAME OLD STALE META

I live how you keep saying that your are not doing something, and then immediately do it again.

This is a business, you are an irate customer, you are coming here demanding that we boycott the game, and there is no difference between this and a fast food restaurant. If you don’t like the chicken nuggets here, go across the road and buy some different chicken nuggets. It’s a really easy solution! There are lots of options that you might enjoy more.

brother, asking people to stop p2winning is not asking them to boycott the game.
you know why im here, i said it 50 times, so if you dont agree with my concept then keep spending money happily and ignore the games flaws, i have no issue with it.

I personally only have the problem of facing the same meta builds when playing CW (which is expected tbh). Other modes seem to have fairly diverse builds, particularly at lower PS. If you really don’t like hovers and dogs, usually between 5000 and 9000 ps you should not see them.

1 Like

You are literally describing what a boycott is.
You just said you want people to stop spending money on the game so that the devs make the changes you want. That is what a boycott is.

correct, and at no point did i say to stop playing the game

So you agree that you are trying to get a boycott going then?

Refusing to spend money in protest is literally the definition of a boycott.

I just assumed you would also want people to stop playing as well, because even non-paying players are vitally important to the game, and something the devs need to retain in order to keep matches full and queue times low.

So just take every time I said “quit the game” and substitute “quit spending money on the game”. Makes no difference in what I’m trying to explain to you.

I just don’t want you to waste your life getting angry on a video game forum. If you love the game and want to improve it, make some specific suggestions. Lots of things have appeared in game after being suggested by players. I don’t think any of the people who have previously tried to start boycotts have achieved anything.