Growl need a nerf (sorry but we all know it does)

I definitely see a lot less Growls down there than I used to.
Also Growl just got nerfed, it’s the only one of the three craftable rares which took the speed nerf.

Just to clarify, I´m not comparing the number of Growls among the other cabs in 5K PS, but the numbers of Growls among the RARE cabs on that PS bracket. Sure we can see some tusk build, or omnibox, favorite maybe, but how many Wyvern or Bear do we see? Trucker is only used for those borer builds, or by bots.

The Speed nerf is not Growl specific, tons of cabs got it, Bear included, it´s not meant to address that problem because it s neither the main cause or the solution to that popularity problem.

2 Likes

No. It’s a popular cab. Even the bots are using it. I’m saying it’s not overwhelming, and is a non-issue. What I actually saw was other players like myself using something else and winning at it. The video is boring, but I can post it if you need to go to court over it.
Nerfing it just because people like it is nonsensical. If you’re getting pwnd by it all the time, maybe try cannons, or a Trucker with a grill full of Borers. I see lots of that too. IDK.
My point is, it’s a not a problem, and there isn’t any fairness issue. Anybody can use a Growl if they feel like they want to, or need to, or whatever. And if everybody does, who cares? If they are enjoying that, let them. I can use other things at that power-score just fine. I did, and so could you, or anybody else, if they wanted to.

I’m not saying it isn’t popular either. I’m saying it is, Aces like it, leave it alone, and nerfing it because people like it is crazy. If it was creating some kind of unfair advantage for certain players to troll Aces with, nerfing it would make more sense, but anybody can use one if they want to, or not. I didn’t. It’s a feature that is exclusive of nearly nobody, and almost everybody has access to one if they feel like they want one. People like it. Great. How is that a problem?
I didn’t have issues using something else. I saw other people out there getting it done without one too, but ya, kids like the Growl. So what? That’s an example of successful game development, not a problem. Why make it one?

Oh…Good. My mistake. It’s still a pretty crummy cab and always has been. If any adjustment needs to be made to cabs in this game, That cab would probably be a good place to start. It’s very sharp looking and has wonderful audio, and it looks like the developers put a lot of work and detail into that cab, but it’s always been a lemon, IMO. It’s a waste of great artwork.

We have to face players with 3 porks (32000 coins each) or worse stuffs in the 7-8k range .
And people worry and want to nerf the adorable Growl who is the savior of the newcomers?
I really don’t get it.

then maybe ask for the other rare cabs to be buffed?

I don’t use the Growl for a long time but I remember it fondly since when I started, it was the only cabin that allowed you to have opportunities against those who exploit the innumerable imbalances in the game.
So I’m amazed that someone with experience would be interested in nerfing it.

1 Like

I think the issue is that the extra energy makes it an ideal cabin for seal clubbing.
If you see someone running legendary or relic weapons in low PS, it’s almost always on a growl.

It`s BY FAR the less necessary nerf of the entire game

2 Likes

It’s not a nerf we want (we all use Growl) but that’s a nerf that is fair.

• Once again, there is almost nothing else at 5K PS as RARE cabin but Growls. I rarely see Wyverns or Bear.
  • We only see melee Truckers with borers (this cab is basically only good for that thing)
  • We almost never see Fear, Carapace, Jockey, Hot rod cabins, most likely because they are non-craftable pack exclusive cabins hence expensive, and possibly because their owners play with 11 pts Growl anyway.

We see Growl hover sinus or judges, Growl caucasus, Growl melee, Growl shotguns, Growl droners, Growl piercers and sinuses… and that are just the metas, i saw growl 2x executioners and a growl 2x specter today.

The other cabins are either epic cabins like favorite or bots using trucker, pilgrim, wyvern, etc.

All of this are FACTS. Rare cabin diversity is close to 0. First we need to accept that fact.
Once done, we need to recognize it’s a problem. Do we want less diversity on the game, or more diversity? I think more diversity is more interesting and fun.

Then, once we agree diversity is more interesting and fun, we need to close up on the problem. Why is growl more played? The size or price? But Wyvern as the same size and price but is not played nearly as much. Is it the stats? Growl is faster but wyvern for example has better mass limit, durability, tonnage and power, and goes 80km which is decent.

Is it the 11th energy point ? Yes. You can slap an extra hardware like cooler radiator, radar, reloader, engine, etc. and that makes a big difference, bigger difference than just more durability. It’s as simple as that.

2 Likes

I think, if developers will decrease Growl’s energy to 10, it should have really strong engine power buff, and may be - added some basic HPs. Because of at current state, 10-EP Growl will be completely outclassed by Wyvern.

You can take away the Growl’s extra energy point, but then everyone will just switch to Wyvern. When one meta falls, another rises to take it’s place.

I suggest in my first post here, to raise Growl’s PS. Putting Growl to 10 points is something that break all growl builds made since the beginning of time and will cause too many protestations, even if that wouldn’t be really unfair.

1 Like

bat is better

Bat is a LITTLE bit better, but for much more PS, so it’s not really better.

2 Likes

Diversity is something that players can choose for themselves. As already written in this thread it is not an obligation to play with Growl, admittedly it is a versatile cab and easy to use. Having said that, we come to the next point. Diversity is more fun and interesting. That’s right, using a different cab than Growl, even if it is less good, is a challenge and therefore interesting and fun if that succeeds.
Other cabs are fine to use, it is about the general lack of imagination and insight why players behave like sheep and shout that something is too strong or too weak. Instead of seeing it as a challenge, we’re going to call it unfair and ask for a nerf or buff.

True… But last night I was trying to make some new builds. Low PS, since I like faster action and smaller more realistic crafts…
I tried making non-Growl builds, but just changing the cabin to Growl, gave me an extra energy to use for a chameleon, radiator or cooler.
When you make a build, and have to settle for let’s say a machine gun build without a radiator/cooler, or a build WITH one, the performance is different to a point the choice is obvious.

The game is literally saying: Use a Growl or lose the chameleon/ extra fused radiator or cooler. And you just feel gimped for not using the ugly little toaster. :disappointed:

2 Likes

For me, one of the most annoying things in this game is the constant change in the stats of the parts.
For example, when you get used to coping with the limitations of, say, little boys and feel comfortable using them… wham, they nerf them. So it is with everything. So when a player asks the devs to nerf or buff something, it really pisses me off. It’s like they agree with the strategy of the devs to continually change the rules so that people, tired, buy packs or spend money in some other way.

Honestly Growl has never been less mandatory than RN. I just can’t see the big thing rn when half the players at 4k PS are running Borers on Trucker… I definitely agree Growl is marginally better than other rares, and rare cabs cold use some balancing. Do I think this is as urgent as fixing stuff like the trashy special cabs, or the garbage Buggy Wheels? Certainly not.

This thread would be easier to whole-heartedly support if we were 2 years ago. RN, I can’t say Growl is particularly detrimental to cab variety at low PS.

I’ll expand a bit on the “increasing PS” idea. I’ve suggested multiple times to index cab’s PS on energy, like with weapons. Rare cabs would be 75PS/energy, putting Trucker at 675, and Growl at 825. But once again, with how strong the borer trucker builds are rn at low PS… maybe that’s not a very good idea?

The Borer Truckers is only now… A new thing… I used to drive one with Borers way back when, and it always seemed ok. Slow and sluggish but ok. Now suddenly Truckers with borers seem to be THE thing for everyone, but…

• It’s not a Trucker thing… It’s a BORER thing. The Trucker just has the most pushing power and durability to utilize it best.
    Borers might need a change, and not PS. That would do nothing. Melee was always too dominant at low PS.

The PS per energy is nice, but 75 is too low. 200 per energy is more like it. 75 wouldn’t do a thing, while 200 + that module it allows for would push you one matching range higher.

The nerf cry army getting so bad they’re crying to nerf perk less cabins because people can use relics with them, whats next, nerf frames because you can place relics on them! Most of these seal clubbers use builds so lightly armoured to no armour I could drive by them and blow my fart horn and they’re history, maybe don’t sit in front of them as I’ve never seen a seal clubber with a vehicle that chords couldn’t kill

1 Like