Hover acceleration is no different from cheating

They have a few similar mechanics already but it’s not based on movement parts. Spread in movement and recoil being the main two. recoil on smaller mini guns is already high enough to push smaller hovers around when firing from a still position. On larger minis guns the build has to be fairly creative to even make use of them and even then it’s kind of uncomfortable to really play. Between upgrade, codrives, and cab perks half of these negative qualities (spread) are easy to get rid of now.

I run a tiny arb hover, I tend not to bring it into pvp too often. I don’t think it’s the movement part that makes them dominate though as I’ve tried them on all the other movement parts too. That line of gun has always been over aggressive.

If this shows in the combat data the devs collect they more then likely will nerf the machine gun damage % in one of the up-coming updates. If it only shows on hovers they will probably go after the hovers instead.

This I agree with this heavily, and I do think this is one of the larger portions of why their fragility doesn’t show as quickly in matches.

If I was going to suggest something for CW it would be to add bracketed PS weights and then use the leagues structure on top of that. Something much closer to traditional martial sports brackets. What this would do is lower the requirements for participating where you could see competition across a larger span of rarities and up the diversity of build types. I’m not sure if they have the player base willing to try CW to support something like this though.

2 Likes

The crying goes on again.

Put in 60,000c to upgrade them all. don’t cry thank you

Man, you didn’t take this seriously to cry here with such a profile specifically, your profile is 0

3 Likes

The problem is that it’s not appealing or fun enough for too many players, leading to not enough clans participating.

No, I don’t know how to fix it. I simply do not have enough experience or interest in this mode to have useful opinions, other than being able to see that it’s not popular enough to be able to say it’s working.

But since you asked, here are some things that might lure me back:

• bigger teams. 4v4 is a big part of what makes it too repetitive and too focussed on a small number of viable builds and strategies. Repetition is boring.
  • PS caps for lower leagues, so that newer players can be attracted and increase the player base for CW
  • Some change to the scheduling system, so it feels less like work and so that more people can play.
  • some variation on my mercenary idea, so that players who aren’t in active clans can get a taste.
2 Likes

I was thinking that there should be huge rework to weapons like Turreted cannons. Weapons like Mammoths should have a lot more health. They should also inflict a lot more damage when they hit a target. To compensate, there would be a lot more spread to keep deter hovers and fast cars from using them. Maybe, movement parts like Armored Tracks could have a perk that mitigates the accuracy debuff.

That is true, but the old Arbiter Banana is much rarer now. Arbiter Hovers, on the other hand is like an infestation.

Only time will tell.

I’ve dumped fully charged Kaiju shots into them, they seem to shrug it off without problems.

cw,is it still 3 matches best 2 out of 3 ?
why not just 1 match and lower the reward so your not wasting all that time just to lose or win
it would also help to play against more different clans. just a thought.

1 Like

hovers are just that though, they are engines that give propulsion and hover off the ground, they are going to have far more acceleration then normal wheels due to many factors. plus they arent invincible or anything like that.

i have fused hovers and even then they arent to reliable. you have to know what your doing with them. i have faster acceleration on 2 of my hovers and use them on my light weight incinerator build. i get up to my max speed of 72 - 75 in a second but the turning and handling on them is kind of bad. it all depends on how you build them really.

if you cant hit a hover build with a cannon then you really need to practice more. i can hit them with mammoths at a distance and they have some pretty hard fall off after a certain distance. i can hit them with almost any weapon, you just need to practice more.

well mammoths and mastodons got the penetrating and explosive shot so does that help?

they dont have reduced spread in their upgrades?? i couldve sworn they did… do cyclones have that perk?

dont you mean dropping porcs? teeheehee :smirk:

1 Like

Sold my mammoths long time ago, they’re pea shooters and made of wet toilet paper tbh

the major issue was the reload being nerfed is what i think.

1 Like

CW are not funny if you want to be in top10 ,its a hard work tryhard mode, its only funny if you’re a top player and you jump into low league clan to smack some ezz players.

You’re rly wrong here, CW were rly popular and many players including me cannot wait to play it but since you dont have any experience there you dont know how it rly is. The CW idea is great and it gives you many profits if you play it.

4vs4 is perfect, if you want to play 6vs6 you can play pvp on consoles, theres many other reasons why it should be 4vs4 only, not gonna say it now ,it was already explain it here before.

CW are based on points and skill lvl and it should stay like this. Imo the problem is gear accessibility, time where the devs brought 3 blueprints into cw broke it a bit and make more difficult to the newer payers. It should be removed same as insane grind should be reduced, cut raids time and remove all weekly limits.

the only profit you get is uranium and thats IF you get into the rank high enough to earn it. its not profitable unless your in a top clan or if your constantly winning. if your in the lower ranks you only get scrap and even then its not THAT profitable.

4v4 is ok but i think they should release an experimental clan wars that allows 5v5 or 6v6 just to see how it turns out. it gives us more opportunities to experiment around and see how good we function with more clan members.

the grind in the game is quite painful honestly. i have 5 relics myself and id like to get more, but i have never really been in a good clan for to long. i had been in one where we would earn uranium and thats how i got my first relic but then it disbanded. i havent been in one for a long time due to various reasons. but the grind for a relic was absolute torture. it took me forever just to get 1 of them.

I’m not sure what platform you’re referring on, but it doesn’t look to me like Clan Wars is very popular with the majority of players on PS4.
And from what other forum members post here, it seems like there aren’t very impressive numbers on other platforms either.

I’m not someone who needs to win or who needs big rewards to enjoy the game. I suspect I am not unique in that viewpoint. But I do need variety to keep interested, and currently I only find that in PVP.

But hey, I’m happy playing PVP, so it doesn’t bother me if CW stays they way it is. I just don’t buy the argument that CW is perfect and needs no fixing to attract more players to the mode.

I know many disagree with me, but I actually found leviathan wars to be an interesting variation on the format. Maybe we just need more types of CW modes to make it more appealing to more people?

Both large ballistic and blast mechanics really could use some work. I think they should also get some impulse too. There’s things like crosshair convergence and stuff that could probably be used on movement parts for preferred pairings too. Some of those perks went away with the co-driver change.

The hovers are fun to fly again so that might also have something to do with it too. I’m actually surprised there aren’t more Omni wheel arb builds as they have a really high rate of spread reduction (-33%).

If you don’t hit with in 3 pins up and down of the frames it’s unlikely to do too much to spaced armor hovers via a burst damage weapon. Any higher or lower and it’s outside of the range of the hitbox area to hit the actual hovers themselves. More then likely will take an armor bit or two off while passing through and out the other side.

Don´t waste your time, hovers have been one of the main crossout CANCERS since they appeared, but devs don’t want to move a finger to solve it or they just dont give a f$%ck or they just don’t know how, as that happens and you open a post about it you´ll always find the typical “git gud, it´s your fault, learn how to aim” retarded repliers, so yeah as i said, save your time and aim for that cancer that does not belongs to crossout in every game first

3 Likes

Perhaps regularly was an overestimation, every now and then would be a better wording for it.
Although, you not remembering doesnt mean anything to be honest, im just trying to be honest with myself and clarify.

Its a patch. Beause you are proposing to alter a specific weapon to work against something that has been broken ever since its existence one way or another.
As if making porks work better against hovers will sudently make them balanced or something.

Hahah yea i was there and i remember, they said they lowered them but it was for a couple of squares of actual height or something and when before they could clear above you with ease, maybe they would bump a little after the change…

And in retuen they got stats and maneuverability to be able to play against anything without flash-spark with ease! They could mount heavy cabs without a care in the world.

Im not talking about a couple of squares, im talking about bringing them to a level where porks work for icarus VII and barely dont for IV as they are now.

And that is the change they should have done since 2017, lets see how many years it will take them this time to figure it out.

1 Like

Say what you want about hovers, they’re doing me a favor.

They’ve convinced me to take a break from a game that raises my blood pressure and allow me to spend time on other games and more important things.

3 Likes

Wheel builds and spider can absolutely dominate hovers. Pros and cons. Not one is vastly superior. Easier, sure. Advantages like acid on clean island, sure. A clear cut above, cases closed? Absolutely not.

I meant that as in I’m on here enough to remember month to month users.

The perception of balance in the game doesn’t come from just one weapon but everything that is active in a match at a given time. This doesn’t mean that just porks have to work against them or a few individual weapons. However some weapons work dismally bad against them right now. For hovers not to be perceived as OP across the board there needs to be enough weapons effective against them as the need requires.

The other thing that needs to be dealt with is spaced armor. A large portion of the hovers players complain about are these and they are solely endemic to PVP. If it was simply an issue of hovers being OP it would be so in every game mode. Of the hovers in the rest of the game that get complained about it is generally two types Laser, and Retcher. This means that the issue is really one of players exploiting a method of use.

They’ve actually lowered them prior to that. When they were first released they were a fair bit higher. There were about 2 prior height nerfs not to mention speed nerfs that happened before the failed torque update that you mention. The first of the nerfs came right around 2018 along side some initial drone nerfs which were also often complained about. I remember this because the hovers would often clear over head a number of my early builds.

If they work for 1 they will work for both there’s no way around it. Porcs currently only are able to make contact with parts on a hover that hang below frame level which is normally the hovers themselves. A hover drops about a half a pin from its garage floating height when live in the game. The space under a hover is around 3 to 4 pins from the bottom of the hovers. If a hover does not have under armored a Porc will travel under with ease. 2 pins of under armor almost always contacts a Porc. A hover flying over a fire puddle even if missed still takes great damage though unless they on a Kami. The issue with the Porcs is they can’t utilize their blast damage effectively against hovers remote detonation would let them work similar to the Yokai targeting under hovers. The other nice use for remote detonation would be a boon for targeted area denial too.

Melee has to be about 4 to 5 pins high to hit a hover right now. That’s about the height from ground the lower middle of a hover.

Lowering a hover just increases the chances of it grounding itself on terrain. Out of the hovers that can clear ground obstacles which isn’t all of them. It causes them to pop their front up quite fast as they fall back to level can become trapped on those obstacles. The easier they can clear the ground objects generally relates to how easy they are to flip as well. Of the ones that can’t they already have to go around terrain obstacles. If they are only lowered all the other issues other players have with them will still exist meaning other parts need to be fixed.

If it was just a matter of maneuverability Omni wheels would be more popular. As they have none of the wonkie body roll that the VII hover has while sporting nearly the same max speed, better tonnage and similar power score. The - Cabin power drain is the main difference other then ride height. The cabin power drain drastically effects acceleration. If they lowered the drain by 2% an upgraded version would fall to the same level as the VII’s which would more then likely cause a usage shift just due to price. Right now the drain is basically for every 2 omni your adding the equivalent drain of 3 hovers. It matters a lot on larger builds.

There’s a bunch of small issues to fix to get things more balanced. The rotation speeds of Tracks, Legs, Grinders all need to come up a bit so they can track better as well. I know these need work because I play them too.