Hover acceleration is no different from cheating

Exactly. And instead of rebalancing and nerfing-buffing or whatnot weapons that work pretty fine as it is, bring hovers to them instead.
I have played hovers in pve in spring. They are kinda broken there too, the only thing that was limiting was the 75km max speed, other than that the comfort and maneuverability they provided against anything else i have played was completely on another level.
The only reason i sold them is i dont play pve and needed the cash, i was keeping my 4 hover retcher around only because it was so much better and enjoyable than anything else in pve i had played.
Also the fact that bots dont care about height and can aim point perfect the cab and vitals is ofcourse a big dissadvantage since hovers cant carry the weight of a heavy cab right now and maintain their maneuverability.
Enough about pve though, what im trying to say is they are broken there too but even though there are factors that play against their inherent design.

Omnis are much harder to drive than hovers and forgive zero mistakes. Once you touch anything you are stuck there and there is no 0-95 in 1 second to save you effectively if there is an enemy close.
Extremely exploitable also by opponents, they just touch you and you are rendered incabable of moving.
Flash nerf was a godsend, now if you react very fast and dont touch anything, you can somewhat play against it.

Agree, their rotation speed is abysmal.
Remember though when small track breakers where unstopable? Yea, there should be that in mind too.

And i just realized that none of that will happen and devs want more things flying so that the matches dont become slugfests around the debree they added.

1 Like

It sounds more like your worried they will break something else while trying to make it work better: “Hurt the part I don’t like, instead of touching the ones I do like”. I know you said you enjoyed them but seriously. Part of the problem that I keep mentioning if you just bring hovers to the level of the other parts the other items remain broken. That’s bad for the entire game and any future changes. Most of the items that are having huge issues with hovers probably should have been fixed a while ago. A lot of the slower moving projectile weapons have been having it rather harsh for a long time too.

When I mentioned them in PVE, I simply meant players playing against them in the mode. The mitigating factor in PVE bots is the Devs aren’t abusing the code tricks to exploit the movement platform the same as players do in PVP.

The IV hovers can handle the weight of a heavy cab but they are kind of questionable in use. Echo is pretty useful on them from some of the builds I’ve seen. I’ve seen other cabs too. There are some popular heavies you don’t see on them though.

The 0-95 in a second is a bit of a stretch, even if I’d agree that they have great acceleration. Onmi are not any harder to drive then hovers they aren’t as efficient with their power drain though. They actually dip less then hovers when moving around. They don’t need much to be on par though as far as maneuverability goes.

If anything touches the top of any build they are heavily penalized it’s not just omni. I got stuck under a kill about 10 minutes ago while using tracks. The upwardly mounted catchers work on hovers still but they often bounce out. This is from that failed wedge fix though not because of the movement parts.

At least we agree on something lol…

That’s kind of why I would like to focus on basic rotation speed itself. They probably would need to also some work on from dead stop acceleration too, I don’t think that would be unwelcomed in all though. I think the two of these go hand in hand.

Yeah but this also at a time where the complaints are against arb hovers being op meta. Unless nothing is done the meta would adapt as it normally does.

Never know with them really. I remember when they use to say they couldn’t do flying at all. I’ll just wait for it to come I always like new targets to shoot at. How high they fly will probably be an issue because of the amount of short range weapons in game. Kind of getting of topic with the heli stuff though. lol. I do think they could be fun for exploring though.

Hamster, you’re miles away from the truth on the hovers vs Omnis subject. having played both, hovers are piss easy and extremely forgiving, while going on the wrong bump with omnis is an instant death sentence. They also have nowhere near the same acceleration/ability to do quick 180°

Keep in mind last time I played hovers was before the patch and they’re probably a bit more finicky now judging by how many people flip… but hover apologists were already telling us that it was all their “mad skillz” back then and totally not the op unflippable movement part with highest accel in game that glides over porcs :expressionless:. And there’s a +20 kmh, -50% hitbox, and massive durability buff that happened somewhere along the road U_U

Also Skyshadow is posting here since years, and is probably the poster I meet the most ingame. His avatar on the previous forum was the bald dude with a red top shrugging, if I remember well.

2 Likes

I had already mentioned fixing them up further in the thread. The points your trying to correct me on are in there. as I was saying to bring them up closer to be on near par with the hovers. I have both it’s not an instant death sentence. I like the omni’s but their power drain is an issue when it comes to quick maneuvers. The only common issue I tend to have with omni is that I end up climbing high pitched walls oddly. I don’t really have issues with hills.

lol I don’t think many bought that ever. There are a crap ton of small side arguments that distends from the kill hovers off idea though.

On here the new forum he hasn’t been that active that was the point of the exchange. If he mostly hung out in the console sections I’d never have interacted with him on the old forum. Even if I’m not responding to posts I still read the forums almost everyday.

1 Like

Yea i exagerated a tad to make the point, but only a tad.

Well i have driven them both, omnis are on another league of hardship in comparison.

What you could say is that hovers have a bigger initial hardness heap to overcome, the shock of going on a completely different mechanicaly movement part essentialy. After that its just habbit and fingers.

While omnis can be driven like regular wheels with a much broader turning radius, nothing hard at all there…Until you try strafing and realize the insane potential of outplays and fuckups you can do with these things given the skill and how many eyes you have on your back.
If wheels and the rest of parts got harder to drive due to extra corpses as obstacles, omniwheels have become hell.
And by the way, breaking and stoping the vehicle is not really an option, unless you drive a light build.

Hahah what are you saying here mate, that perhaps they are not really that good, they just drive broken crap? Nonono, no way!
I can name 2-3 players i know that were almost complete garbage hovers even before the update and now have become MVPs just by hit and running because not much can consistently punish their awful possitioning anymore.

Congratulations on the devs on that one, they managed to turn trash to actual players, it should be called: CROSSOUT 2.0 METAMORPHOSIS!

Holy cow, you actually DO remember <3 !!

1 Like

I legit have the same experience with clans we’d roll over effortlessly in any kind of builds, that are now bumf*cking us with 6 punishers, 8 Vindicators and 4 goddamn omamoris on hovers.

About “maybe they weren’t that skilled”, I destroyed so many melees back then in a Hot Red, unfused hover, simply by spamming my keyboard uncontrollably around obstacles lol. Flipped a dog in mid air on Rock City (damn, so long ago) using his dog ears as levers, lost countless dogs on the carwrecks of the old Old town, etc… Legit my last ditch tactic was to drive us into a wall because most of the time the hovers gets off free while the dog stays stuck forever against the wall.
It’s just a stupidly easy part to play and anyone claiming otherwise is in denial, or short of three fingers on their left hand.

1 Like

Omamori broke the game. Averter was acceptable, barely, but still acceptable. That legendary crap ruined all sorts of balance.
Same goes with kami.
Well they all ride the meta wagon and why shouldnt they? People got a chance to be players when they were cannon fodder, im not blaming them.
I blame the devs for not seeing the clown fest clan wars and randoms have become.

Last time i played hovers was at 9-10k ps range on 3 crickets around spring, the build had 4 hovers, everything unfused and was so light to conserve ps a simple sneese next to me meant death. And it was going 75km.

While there were matches that i had some smartie shotguns that saw me from the match before and just came to wreck me which was quite easy (im not blaming them, i made a paper build just for fun, i expected the results), once i got the hang of it i could outplay and outmaneuver even them, got mvps and made very decent scores on a crap paper build with crap crickets made for fun.
What seemed mostly funny to me, is once i learned some patterns and developed some instinct moves, dodging the majority of shotgun-dog players wasnt -dare i say- not really hard. And i had a build that 2-3 shotgun shots could take out half of it.
To be ftank, dodging the majority of players wasnt hard at all.

Thats when i truly realized whats going on in this game.

2 Likes

Omniwheels are much improved since the last big update. If you haven’t tried them since the changes, you are missing out.

It’s true that they aren’t as forgiving as hovers, but they have a lot more strong points than people realize. It just takes some practice to get used to their unique handling.

2 Likes

If there’s a hurdle for hovers it’s probably armoring them well without resorting to spaced armor when you get over 6 of them. I’m down to about 4 of them from the 12 that I had. Price was just to good to hold on to them. In the past perhaps getting swung around and disoriented or the jostle of cannon hovers can be a little disorienting. I never found them that difficult though.

I have fun with the strafing on the omni’s but I also play meat grinders, and hovers, so I don’t find it that awkward. It’s an omni platform it’s not meant to really be driven like regular wheels. I get why people think they are less forgiving as far as maintaining aim while going over hills but I also see people self sabotage themselves with not allowing their weapon gimbles to move to compensate. I’d suggest trying the original BP fused ones with grizzly as the codriver (to minimize the movement part penalties) if you don’t think they can be as almost as agile and maneuverable as the hovers.

I really haven’t had much of an issue with corpses other then when they actually land on my ride or block a shot. The blocked shots is what irritates me the most especially on slower re-loaders. They are actually kind of fun to duck behind in smaller builds.

I thought it was funny when people were saying Omamori wasn’t good enough when it first came out.

It really needs a perk change to be honest. They should have just done resistance to fire instead of neutralizing heat. However it is kind of interesting to see people use it with assemblers to dissipate overcharges.

That’s pretty much all it takes is some basic moves anything beyond that is the ability to efficiently fire back. If you can’t fire back while dodging it gets kind of rough. There are some weapons that will chew up paper builds rather fast though. AC’s, Minis, millers, Reapers…

Im playing Masto-Mammoth omni echo over the last 2 days, 3tple fortune omni since the patch, i am refering to the new omni when i speak, the old one was very sub-par and practically not worth using.

Well, Omamori isn’t anything to write home about on any movement part besides hovers tbh.

1 Like

I used to play a little bit of Omni wheels before the update. After the update, I ran into the following issue: Omnis are unplayable under the new hover controls, while they are playable under the old controls. This is because Omnis don’t do multi directional moves well, but do one direction moves fine. That is, An Omni can’t go forward and strafe left easily unless it is at high speed, but it can go forward, or left easily. The new controls tell the build to go multiple directions at once for example, when you want your vehicle to turn around. This causes Omnis to freeze up. I think that the way around this is to go back to the old controls if you want to play Omnis.

I wanted an Omni Porc build, but since I like the new controls for hovers, I find Omnis to be completely unplayable. I used Hermits instead.

Weird, I’m experiencing the opposite. I’m almost constantly strafing while driving now, as the new controls allow me to do that without hand fatigue, and the new handling allows me to maintain speed while doing that.

Are you using them with light cabins, heavy, or medium?

They are the same controls for both movement parts. The Direction follows aim thing can be annoying with some weapons but I’m not sure if that’s what you meant.

I was playing around with them last night and this morning and didn’t have any issues with doing forward, strife, and rotate at the same time. The only issue of hesitation I’ve found was on changing from going forward or reverse to strife that causes a dip in speed.

1 Like

I tried a Hadron Porc with Cheetah and 3 Porcs with 8 Omnis. This build was great once it got to speed, but had weird freezing issues from a dead stop.

Hmnn, I’ve been doing six wheel builds and not really having that issue, but I think I know what you’re referring to.
I guess I just try to never really completely stop. If I need to do a 180, I’ll combine strafe, gas, and rotate. Sometimes I’ll slam it into reverse while doing that maneuver and maintain speed.

They are quirky, but the more I play them with the new controls and physics, the more I like them.

1 Like

Unless the omni are all upgraded that’s is a fair bit of power drain. That might be part of the issue each one is 4% more power drain then the VII hovers so it comes out around to equivalent of running 12 of those. You can use grizzly to cut some of the power drain but a more powerful engine might help a lot too.

I’ve been just using 4 power pen upgraded omni with grizzly and golden eagle and it’s like a little speed demon. Tops out at 101 in a straight like and around 104 on some of the multi directional maneuvers.

1 Like

That’s probably it. I have the 4 Omni Wheels from the battlepass, but the only successful Omni builds I have ever had are 6 wheel builds on light builds with a Golden Eagle.

Golden eagle is a must.

I think that depends on cab speed, if the build won’t break 90 anyway then I’d probably go with colossus. Hadron even with a speed upgraded eagle will only hit around 79-80. Oppressor might work too depending on the number of omni topping out at 87 with the combo @DarthStall was using…

1 Like