Hover population survey

Here are the results so far over 21 matches that I managed to verify thru eye verification with a 16.7k ps bigram/porc/vulture build. Most of the builds I played against were not close to my powerscore with some builds even being around the 13k mark or less.
I tallied 102 hovers out of 165 builds for a hover population percentage so far of being 62%. I will keep updating the results throughout the week.

Going to post the 10k results for 20 matches instead of the 40 match sample size i did with 16.7k and 13.1k because I am running out of steam with this. Out of 225 builds 75 were hovers which comes to exactly 33.33%.

Here is a summary of 16.7k, 13k and 10k with a list of the fractions of hovers to total human players for each match.

16.7k- 61.5% hovers

5/11, 6/11, 5/6, 7/9, 3/7, 4/7, 5/7, 5/7, 5/9, 5/7, 5/6, 7/9, 6/9, 7/7, 4/7, 5/10, 3/7, 5/9, 5/7, 2/7, 3/6, 5/7, 3/7, 4/9, 5/7, 9/13, 3/6, 5/8, 6/7, 5/9, 5/9, 5/9, 6/9

13k- 43.77% hovers

4/9, 0/6, 3/10, 5/9, 5/7, 4/9, 3/11, 5/7, 4/7, 4/6, 6/6, 4/11, 6/13, 2/9, 6/8, 9/14, 8/14, 3/11, 3/7, 3/9, 5/12, 3/7, 5/13, 2/6, 3/13, 5/14, 7/13, 1/4, 3/15, 5/12, 4/7, 4/7, 6/10, 4/10, 5/15, 3/7, 5/10, 4/10, 5/11, 6/14

10k- 33.33% hovers

5/10, 3/15, 4/13, 7/13, 2/7, 1/7, 4/10, 0/5, 5/13, 3/11, 3/12, 1/12, 2/5, 3/9, 7/13, 9/15, 3/13, 6/15, 2/12, 5/15

I updated this post so it be easier to find the final results.

5 Likes

I said on another thread the hover population was 85% but anyways it probably only felt that way because there are matches where it is all hovers and that is what sticks out in my head the most. I will also post results from my 13k build where I will probably get paired with more human players because with my 17k build I tend to get more bots. The fractions listed below are the number of hover player divided by the total human players excluding myself that played that match.

match 1- 5/11
match 2- 6/11
match 3- 5/6
match 4- 7/9
match 5- 3/7
match 6- 4/7
match 7- 5/7
match 8- 5/7
match 9- 5/9
match 10- 5/7
match 11- 5/6
match 12- 7/9
match-13- 6/9
match 14- 7/7
match 15- 4/7
match 16- 5/10
match 17- 3/7
match 18- 5/9
match 19- 5/7
match box 20- 2/7
match 21- 3/6

2 Likes

So it is a lot lower than you originally thought, although they are still the majority.

It doesn’t really surprise me though at that PS. Current hover stats means that they boost your PS a lot, so most hovers are going to end up in high PS. Similar to how low PS ends up being mostly wheels, as it’s hard to build a true low PS build with any other movement part.

I am glad you’re doing this though, but I would love to see the data at 10kPS, and again at 6kPS.

I was playing in the 16kPS range today, and my teams ranged from 75% hovers to 25% hovers, but I didn’t keep track of how that stacked up over the session.
When I dropped down to 12kPS, it was rare to get a game with more than 50% hovers, and had several with no hovers on my team.

1 Like

Here are the next lot of results for my 16.7k build. Out of the next 12 matches I played 61 out of 100 builds I tallied were hovers for a hover percentage of 61%. So out of the 33 matches I have played so far there were 163 hovers out of 265 for a hover percentage of 61.509%. Tomorrow I will start with my 13k build and after that if I am up to it I might get some samples from 10k and 8k ps.

It is tedious and painful. I am recording footage at 1080p 60 fps, reviewing it and abbreviating the names of teammates/opponents and saving each match to notepad along with time. It takes like 1.5 hours to go thru 1 hour of footage so i say it takes close to 3 hours to sample out 12 matches. Like I said it is very tortuous to be at it so i am gonna move on to 13k tomorrow. I will try and get roughly 30 matches for each ps bracket. Numbers won’t be perfect but it should be a large enough sample size to get a rough idea about how many hovers are in the game.

Same… I’m not requesting that or anything, but am curious as well. At those levels, they’re NOT the meta at all. Actually, I don’t think there are metas at those levels.

EDIT

Big thanks to you for doing this. Our assumptions are one thing, but actual knowledge and data are another.

4 Likes

No sweat. I might try and get a sample size that is twice as big when I does 13k of probably around 60 matches and just do 30 matches for the lower power score ones just enough to touch base on it because it is very hard on the nerves. Hopefully other forum users keeps this thread has neutral has possible because this thread is meant only to get a rough estimate of how many hovers there are at various power scores and this thread is not meant to bash hovers, if people want to bash hovers then they should go to a different thread.

4 Likes

High ps is a hover fiesta. The enemy team usually has at least 3 hovers up in the max ps ranges.

Here are the results after playing 40 matches with my 13.1k m39 imp build. I played 11 matches during low hours and 29 matches during peak hours. I also did a tally after each match to let some time pass to reduce the odds of being paired with the same players again and that trick seemed to work. Out of 393 builds there were 172 hovers for a hover population percentage of 43.77%.

3 Likes

That’s starting to confirm my suspicions… Hovers are only really OP at the super high PS levels. They’re not an issue at all at my fave PS levels (9 to 10k).

Thx again, mate!

2 Likes

I don’t see many either. Mainly at 10.5k +. and I only have a couple builds I play every now and then up there.

1 Like

This is why the CONSTANT hover crying is so annoying. There was another thread started today.

I know these people are smart enough to know that game developers are going to toy with the game to keep the top end players chasing better parts and spending money to do so. Surely, they get that. Surely, they understand their whining is going to change nothing and probably encourages the cycle. Surely, they know the problem they’re complaining about is insanely easy to avoid in-game.

Obviously, I’m wrong. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t really get the complaints. In a vehicle combat game, it makes sense that the high end expensive rides would have the most technologically advanced movement parts (hovers and bigrams). The devs have now set it up so that those builds don’t show up in low PS, and aren’t dominant in mid PS.
Everybody wins!
I don’t tend to play wheels in high PS, mostly because I don’t like using an excessive amount of wheels, so even with legendary weapons I don’t get much higher than 12kPS.
My spiders end up in high PS, because I’m going heavy and using enough legs to maximize my mass limit. That plus the extra armour means I’m always much higher in PS than equivalent wheeled builds.
I don’t play hovers that much, but they also naturally end up being higher PS than the same weapon on wheels.

I’m a bottom feeder and tend to dwell at around 5K. I see them often. Usually there’s one or two in every match.
I found them to be good sport for my shotgun build, and I think only clever pilots are doing well on them at under 6K.

Campers seemed to get ripped apart, and running away from them doesn’t work very well, but they don’t survive direct confrontation from shotguns very well, IMO. Maybe, shotguns are OP again? IDK. Maybe, I just got lucky.

1 Like

Spot on.

I use Augers… They’re basically a heavier melee enhance omni. My heaviest build I use regularly has

4 augers
2 Hardened Tracks that don’t touch the ground, but act as armor & lift the rig up over enemies in a frontal collison so they get chewed up by the augers.
Beholder - free cloak
Golden Eagle - speeds up augers
2 seals,
1 shiver,
2 retchers…

All that clocks in at 15393. I use it in hard raids & against Leviathans… never in PVP.

For PVP, missions or whatever, I rarely break 10k. It’s just more fun in that bracket because… you know… hovers. :joy: :wink: And yes, I have hovers. Not interested.

1 Like

Higher ps does kinda suck now. Its just all hovers. Its still decent games above 10kps up to maybe 14k. Just after 14/15kps it starts to be all hovers in games, which is pretty crappy.

Fairly similar to my experience with my quad fused sledgehammer 9440 PS build. Hovers are a fun target… race under 'em & tear 'em up. It’s also yet another why I don’t play hovers. They’re not useful at lower PS levels since you can’t armor them enough to really engage the enemy. They’re only good in a sniper roll below a certain PS level. That’s not fun to me. And having to build a 16ps hover to bounce off crap to chase other hovers around doesn’t sound fun, either.

1 Like

I

I might come to test out that ps some time the week with 2 porcs(1 is fused). I did it once some time last 2 or 3 months ago and I think I was getting pretty good matches with it. I tried jorgmungandr, vultures, toadfish, retcher and everything and the weapon I found to be most effective were actually adapters. Adapters felt more like scorpions at that power score.

Try that PS with non-seal-clubber weaopns, eh? Just a thought.

3 Likes

I remembers doing well with the temptest as well but I got my butt kicked when I was using the jorg and did mediocre when I was using toadfish and vultures. Adapters is a seal clubbing weapon?.