Hover population survey

How often do you see porcs at that ps really tho. All the matches I played I could not remember seeing porcs once. If it was that op you would see more porcs but you don’'t.

Or… just a thought… people playing at that level don’t have porcs. Thus the seal-clubber aspect of using them.

In all seriousness, I won’t use relics or legendaries below 10k because it’s the definition of seal clubbing. Well, I will in PVE modes all the time, but not PVP. That’s the type of thing that’ll make new players leave the game.

1 Like

It’s an Epic, IDK. Kinda…ya? Porcs seem like overkill too, maybe.

I tend to stick with Blue and Teal weapons and modules. It’s hard not to go purple with the cabs though, because the teal cabs tend to bring worse results than the blue ones. There just aren’t good options there, IMO. Their power-score is too high, I think…or maybe they’re too slow. IDK. I know I hardly ever use “Special” cabs, and I think they need more character. There’s very little “special” about them, IMO. I can sort of get the Bat to work, but I think that’s mostly just determination. It probably sucks too, but I like the horn and the aesthetics, so I use it anyway.

I think there is probably a better expert on seal-clubbing out there than I, but I think if the power-scores are set right (and they kinda are, mostly), you have to make yourself pretty vulnerable to use epic, legendary, or Relic weapons under 6K or 7K. If you combine those seal-clubs with team work, I think it’s devastating. It really makes the game miserable, I think.

If it’s just one guy, then that’s a preferred target hard to ignore, in my book. I can’t not engage that guy. It’s a sickness.

1 Like

Adapters, no… not at all.

Porcs? Absolutely. They’re literally one of the most OP weapons and parts in the game. Right now, they’re the 7th most expensive part in the market. Using that on a sub 10K build is kinda’ ugly. They’re also easy in a PVP at that level, because you can just drive backwards launching barrels & nothing will survive against you.

EDIT:

I’m not saying you shouldn’t be allowed to or that the game needs to prevent it in any way, just don’t fool yourself into thinking you’re not seal-clubbing. Sub 10K, you’ll be going against some poor schmo with his maxed out Guerilla based build with Vectors & chained wheels. Not nice.

I have relic builds below 10k… because that is what the build turned out. I don’t think I have one below 9k though.

I don’t build to play in a particular PS bracket, it’s whatever PS my build turns out.

3 Likes

A lot of relics and legendaries is not has strong has you think at that power score. You got to make a lot of sacrifices to get it there. What I found is that most builds at that ps don’t have a whole lot of durability so it felt more like playing a raid and everyone is very fast so even tho when you land a hit with a weapon like the toadfish it can be devastating but everyone is just too fast to hit them. I will list the weapons I found to be most effective from best to worst from what i can remember. So adapters were the best followed, by porcs, temptest, toadfish, retchers, jorgmungandr and vultures was the worst I think.

1 Like

I got way more messages about people being pissed about stealing all the raid rewards with porcs than I ever did when seal clubbing with them.
Especially after they changed them to be PS based in difficulty.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s weird to see legendaries and relics between 8-10kPS, but taking them into 6kPS and below is a bit seal clubby. But you have to sacrifice so much to get them into that range that it’s not a huge problem.

3 Likes

You are only going to be able to fit a maximum of 6 energy worth of relics, any higher and it is not even possible actually. You also got to use one of the common cabs to pull it off as well. No armor, no modules no nothing everything is as bare bones has it gets. Too add to this you are actually more at a disadvantage if anything.
Even though I only tried the jorg and porcs I can absolutely see how using the other relics at 5-6k would be similar to my jorg experience. I say the only viable relics at 5-6k is porcupines, any other relic will only put you at a huge disadvantage when your weak 300 hp single scorp/huntsman build is facing a 2000-3000hp avenger armored track jawbreaker build. I definitely don’t see using relics at that ps has seal clubbing, it is probably the opposite.

Too bad we don’t have an ace handy that we can ask for an opinion. I don’t think it’s typically a problem unless groups are doing it. However, often I get the impression that if I wasn’t there to throw myself on the fire, they would just tear through new kids.

I play random solo PVP, at 5kish often…usually, and the teams I’m on aren’t always too great, and I’m usually in an art-build (I might not be a lot of help if I’m sporting cannons too). I can very much see how one guy on a wheeled frame with a growl and a couple epics could be brutal.

Team work is all it takes to overcome that though, I think. Or, one guy with a good eyeball and an Executioner. I see that guy a lot down there too.

Organized groups of seal clubbers are impossible for me to deal with though. That happens occasionally, and they don’t just beat my arse, they kill everybody else too. Over and over.

It’d be nice to get a new guys opinion on all this, but I guess there isn’t a lot of those. Troll-squads like I described seem to come out more during certain times of the day for me, and I suppose other people have a different experience due to when they typically play. Late night is good for me where I’m at.

1 Like

Groups are hard to face at any PS

1 Like

You really do. Also some weapons from low rarity are better than weapons from higher rarity. To give an example would be the wasp. I can compete with that at 15k believe it or not. I can manage to smuggle a low ps weapon like the wasp into 15k when it is paired with my porcupine/icebox build and i can tear some 15k hovers to shreds with just 2 wasp when armored up proper. I think rarity of weapons are way overrated with a lot of lower tier weapons being better if not way way better than their higher rarity counterparts. I find weapons like the wasp way better than weapons like the jorgmungandr no matter the powersocre whither it is 5k or 15k. Wasp got fast reload(same reload speed as a porc), good range, low power score and it also got explosion damage while the jorg got none of those things. Only advantage jorg got is higher durability, full turn radius and does heating damage if you can even keep that perk going.

1 Like

Ripper for example? :joy:

Porcs are abusive, though… Some relics and legendaries area a joke to be sure, but still.

I mean, if Porcs & the like aren’t abusive, load up a 10 energy build with vectors and get back to me. There’s a reason you’d take the strongest weapons into a match against 8500ps players, and it’s not because you’re looking for something fair :joy:. You’re looking for an easy win or at least an easier win. That’s what you’re doing at every level of play, but we all know what taking max level weapons into what are essentially entry level matches is called.

It’s also why at that level you see bots with top-tier weapons. They can’t get their stupid AI to be competitive, so they have to make them overpowered. The same principle applies.

I’m not judging, seal clubbing can be fun, but don’t pretend that’s not what you’re doing lol!

Like I said bringing relics into low ps like 5-6k is actually a disadvantage with the exception of the porc. Power score disadvantage really gets amplified at that ps. My hp is so low at 5k when using porcs or the jorg you can probably one shot me with an avenger. Combine that with my 60hp tires there ain’t much of anything on my build. I find low ps pretty tough actually. I did better with the temptest when compared to both toad fish and retcher but would you consider me using a special rarity weapon like the temptest seal clubbing?

Great job Nobler, hope you’ll close some big mouths crying about hovers all the time. Another thing is that you guys are speaking about the hovers from different platforms, imo all of you should specify on which platform you’re playing on everytime you mention hovers.

1 Like

I am gonna have to eat my words. I was going around saying the amount of hovers in the game was 75%-85% even tho the amount of hovers is still high it is just not that high. It could be more than the numbers i stated or less but the true difference is going to be within just a few percent, not no 30 higher like I was expecting

I am one of those hover bashers you are talking about but I like for the pro hover players to try and stay neutral on this thread has well. There are loads of hover threads and you might see me crying about hovers there just not here. I am on pc

1 Like

I am doing 10k now and I am only on match 4 and getting matchups like this. If they keep pairing me up with 16k builds that is gonna skew in favor of the hovers

I have always played PvP solo. (I would say about 90% of all my PvP matches) Even during the 3 years I played top 10 CWs.

The main reason I do it is for fun and I love being on the “losing” team VS a clan group. Even if I lose it is always awesome to get “unyielding” badge VS a clan.

The other reason I do it and I’ll admit this is only my personal hang up with groups (I honestly do not find anything wrong with it) BUT it is always funny to me when you have “Top Clan” guys bragging about KD in chat when they NEVER play PvP unless they are in a group of clan mates.

Once you play CWs for awhile it becomes robotic, basically the same strats over and over depending on the map and builds you have. So I have never gone for the “We need to practice as a group in PvP” thing unless they are new to CWs. Most clans that need “practice” suck, or they are out classed by the weapons/builds they run.

I always thought that playing solo made me a better player. I’m not relying on my team. Then when I do play in a team or in CWs it is so much easier because people have your back and your used to fighting 4 VS 1.

2 Likes

Try a different build with different weapons.

My sledgehammer build at 9440 gets in matches like that all the time.

Me 10400 Assembler build never does.

I was using cyclones on the humpback. I think I am going to switch to wasp or something and see what happens.

1 Like