Hover population survey

I think I value my unyieldings more than I care about my MVPs.
And yes, beating up a group of clan mates is very rewarding!

1 Like

Here doing the 10k tally and only at 10k do you see salt like this.
Capture3.PNG

1 Like

Are you discarding bots? Or do you count bots too in your %?

I love when you have people who complain about ā€œhover whinersā€ every 2 posts, but apparently have no idea how/why hovers are strong. thereā€™s no need to count the amount of hovers at 6k PS lmao, i

I am not going at 6k. I am running out of steam now so after this I am done. Of course i am discarding bots. Only counting human players.

1 Like

i stay in my 7k ps because, well, I made the perfect hover hunter (if I may be so bold to say). It may not be a hover killer but it certainly keeps them busy long enough to win a match. IRON_DOG and I would go head to head before he quit playing. I canā€™t seem to repeat the process in anything above 7k though, so thatā€™s where youā€™ll find me hunting down hovers with a snaggle-toothed grin.
Scars

2 Likes

I got a lot of that last night too. I didnā€™t enjoy it, and I wish it would stop. I donā€™t like playing ā€œgamesā€ like this. Most ā€œgamesā€ are played on level playing fields with identical equipment for obvious reasons. This is more like facing a lynch mob over and over, than a ā€œgame.ā€ Run rabbit, run?

Those ratios are skewed a lot higher than the 20% ceiling I thought it limited itself too. Itā€™s closer to twice that in your screenshot. If a player had a way to cause that kind of a skew in their favor intentionally, it would be called ā€œcheating.ā€ Iā€™m not sure how this is considered acceptable.

I doubt thatā€™s a widely shared sentiment, but if youā€™re qualifying that as a grudge-match against familiar clans and players, it might make more sense, maybeā€¦I guess. IDK. Itā€™s a little weird for me to hear somebody say that. Iā€™m gonna struggle with that one a little, Mr.

I certainly donā€™t feel that way, and I get sick of it soon, particularly when the reasons are matches being intentionally tailored to be unfair and unbalanced, as that screenshot up there once again suggests is the case. I donā€™t think thatā€™s an anomaly either. I experience that regularly, and see other players repeatedly demonstrate that they experience that too. Itā€™s bad sports, IMO. Iā€™m not sure what other universe this is acceptable in.

Oh, yaā€¦never mind. Now I remember.

Mine does too. Thatā€™s why I havenā€™t had a shotgun build in my rotation for a very long time, until recently. Iā€™m ready to get rid of it already too. It gets pitted against active melee real heavy as well, remarkably heavier than any of my other builds, and Iā€™m beyond sick of playing against that META. I got tired of that months ago.

The only apology I can make for this gameā€™s bad matchmaker, is that the player population is too low, ridiculously low. Otherwise, I canā€™t imagine how a ā€œrandomā€ match would present the same players for matches over and over, but I see that often. It makes me wonder, how tiny is this player base? Iā€™ve lived in small towns all of my life. I even lived on a Island south of Florida for years, and Iā€™ve never experienced running into the same people over and over like that. Was there only a dozen people playing 6-7K PVP last night? It would have to be the case in order to expect to see the same 4 or 5 guys over and over in supposedly ā€œrandomā€ matches, wouldnā€™t it?

Personally, I think they need to lighten up an the micro-management of PVP ā€œrandomā€ matches, and that is the real problem. I think itā€™s pretty clear that matches are not entirely based on Power-score and Engineerā€™s level, as has been suggestedā€¦or itā€™s just simply very broken. Iā€™m not sure how else to interpret the data.

1 Like

1 trend i am starting to notice at 10k so far is that the hovers i do see got a lot more red hovers and at high power score there are way more blue hovers despite them being the exact same power score. They also come in waves which is probably due to players being grouped up.

1 Like

Maybe I should have said ā€œUnderdogā€ team. I donā€™t want to lose :slight_smile:

But if I do lose, I look at the points and most the time when I lose I still won.

3 Likes

Going to post the 10k results for 20 matches instead of the 40 match sample size i did with 16.7k and 13.1k because I am running out of steam with this. Out of 225 builds 75 were hovers which comes to exactly 33.33%.

Here is a summary of 16.7k, 13k and 10k with a list of the fractions of hovers to total human players for each match.
16.7k- 62% hovers

5/11, 6/11, 5/6, 7/9, 3/7, 4/7, 5/7, 5/7, 5/9, 5/7, 5/6, 7/9, 6/9, 7/7, 4/7, 5/10, 3/7, 5/9, 5/7, 2/7, 3/6, 5/7, 3/7, 4/9, 5/7, 9/13, 3/6, 5/8, 6/7, 5/9, 5/9, 5/9, 6/9

13k- 43.77% hovers

4/9, 0/6, 3/10, 5/9, 5/7, 4/9, 3/11, 5/7, 4/7, 4/6, 6/6, 4/11, 6/13, 2/9, 6/8, 9/14, 8/14, 3/11, 3/7, 3/9, 5/12, 3/7, 5/13, 2/6, 3/13, 5/14, 7/13, 1/4, 3/15, 5/12, 4/7, 4/7, 6/10, 4/10, 5/15, 3/7, 5/10, 4/10, 5/11, 6/14

10k- 33.33% hovers

5/10, 3/15, 4/13, 7/13, 2/7, 1/7, 4/10, 0/5, 5/13, 3/11, 3/12, 1/12, 2/5, 3/9, 7/13, 9/15, 3/13, 6/15, 2/12, 5/15

Well, it would just confirm where hovers matter. At low power scores, as in without top end weapons and the ā€œmetasā€ that exist up there, hovers arenā€™t nearly as deadly or useful.

You have to compromise your build too much at 6kā€¦

Kinda like counting hovers at 16k simply confirmed suspicions.

slight typo above. 16.7k should be 61.5% but close enough.

2 Likes

Ya, that makes more sense. I hear that better.

I love that guy.

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably due to the tonnage difference. You need to run more blue hovers to get up to your tonnage maximum, and that pushes you into higher PS.
Red hovers allow you to use just a few and get to that maximum tonnage, so you would see more in mid PS.

1 Like

Yeah, many 16k+ builds need like 9-10 blue hovers.

Ya, I think the developers believe those numbers are relevant too. I think itā€™s an interesting thread.
(I wonder what they are talking about on reddit?)

It would explain the presence of that new re-skinned and buffed Trucker cab pack. The Boring-Trucker META was pretty rich in low PS for a while, and itā€™s still fairly popular, I think. And, so it looks like to me that the developers thought a wider audience might like to enjoy that too, based on the ā€œpopularityā€ of the build and play-style when they brought us the ā€œSavior.ā€ Iā€™m not sure I would agree with them on how they read those numbers. Iā€™m no fan of their conclusion there.

Thatā€™s a strong number when you consider there are often only 3 or 4 real players on a team in a PVP match, if I understand the context of that number right.

They are more fun than they used to be, I think. However, the overwhelmingly popular opinion of the recent change to controls was ironically, and outrageously negative, like they ā€œDestroyed hovers.ā€ Iā€™m not sure what to think of that paradox. Itā€™s a little funny, IMO. I assume people like them pretty good now?

I suppose then the logical thing for them to do would be to introduce a counter for them in the next Battle Pass, like more homing missiles (hooray?). People like those a lot too, since they counter flying stuff really well apparently. I think that applies to hovers, as well as to copters. It could be argued that those are really popular, judging by the current numbers, and lead the developers in that directionā€¦I hope not.

Iā€™d like it if they brought us a better engine, or rather, I wish they didnā€™t screw up all the engines with their up-date, as opposed to nerfing hovers. I especially hate the wobbly handling nerf. Making them too frustrating to use is not the right way to nerf them, IMO. There are better ways that donā€™t amount to the fun siphon that is, I think. Id like them to buff wheels or engines, to make them more competitive, if hovers are going to exist with all their ridiculous physics (like their bizarre cannon stability) in play.

Also the speed nerf on all the cabs, really chaps me arse regardless of the hover situation, but when they buff the hell out of hover-speed, and nerf the hell out of all the cabā€™s speed, and nerf wheel performance, I think that causes a situation that doesnā€™t need to be. I think a little more (maybe a lot more?) available speed (acceleration?) and/or handling for the non-hover movement parts would be helpful.

2 Likes

The second part was just my general answer to the thread, and about other users. A clear tendency I noticed about people who vehemently insist that ā€œhoversRfineā€ and complain about ā€œpeople complaining about hoversā€ is that they end up telling you they mostly do raids or patrols or 6k PS PvP. When very, very obviously, people complain about high PS and CW hovers these days.
I dunno, I very rarely play raids, I donā€™t jump in raid balance discussions every chance I get to give my uneducated opinion on it.

Iā€™m sorry my formating wasnā€™t very clear. I see why you took it for yourself (and it probably sounded aggressive and nonsensical lol)

2 Likes

Nice jobā€¦ Itā€™s not too far off from where I thought it would be for player numbers and if bots were to be included that could push the numbers just a little higher too.

I do wonder what and any correlation there is in the drop off rate from omni-wheels this might match up to as well. As buffing them to work at higher PS is something I keep suggesting to offset hover numbers.

2 Likes

Yea people should see I am not hallucinating when I say things along the lines that I am encountering a ton of hovers. Not as extreme has 85% but still quite a few. I play 13k and up and the majority of players in my matches use hovers and it is hard not to notice.

2 Likes

I did see a ton of omni users at 10k. I also noticed that there seemed to be some players from top tier clans playing(not naming no names) at 10k has well bringing their buddies into the match and making life a living hell for the regular joe. Those players were almost all exclusively hovers. I think those players are inflating the 10k hover numbers quite a bit but theyā€™re there at 10k so there is no avoiding them their either.

2 Likes

I am just gonna tie this into something else I noticed. I believe the weapons that the devs focus the most on are epics and it is why you only see epics in the packs because that is where the money is to. I flipped a lot of items on the market and most of the money is in epics. It can take you weeks to try and buy/sell a relic(and it is usually a clan player that buyā€™s it and not a whale) for the price you want, days for legendaries and just a matter of hours tops for epics. It is probably why most of the relics are pretty bad to mediocre and devs will throw in some very op low tier items that are probably better than a lot of relics/legendaries to keep new players in the game and also give them a fighting chance in clan wars. There are not has many super whales in this game has you think and I know that for fact because i sell a lot of items. The devs are trying to steer this game into the direction of the casuals hence why hovers are so op at the moment with a ps reduction to keep those players around and out of high ps matches. That probably also explains the rise in the steam chart numbers has well so from now on you are probably gonna see loads of new packs released containing various new epic items the devs just cooked up.