How is our game REALLY doing - a possibility

Your screenshots are of Steam statistics, there are players who don’t have crossout from Steam but downloaded directly from the official Crossout website, one of those people is me!
So those numbers are probably not the 100% picture!

3 Likes

I’m aware. In fact, I usually do not bit the game via Steam even though I play on PC.

I am simply using it as it is one of the few metrics we have.

I work with numbers.
They never confuse facts with emotions.

I checked them today to see another drop in the ratings, which I was not expecting (I mention this in similar thread).

Screenshots_2023-09-17-01-47-42

Then, I check another number.
Screenshots_2023-09-17-01-50-44
This number was down to 12 a few days ago.

That’s quite a rebound!

I have a theory.

Crossout players are like abused women.
They hate the abuse, but refuse to leave.

How else can one explain a hated game recovering players?

I am guilty. My review is negative.
I reinstalled the game today.
🫢

2 Likes

It’s because it’s not a hated game by the community.

When you stick your head into a negative comment echo chamber like Reddit and the forums then you might think everyone in the community hates the game.

Then you realize it’s just a few people kicking their feet. (I mean we have like maybe 50 normal users on both the forum and Reddit combined)

Everyone else has been to busy playing the game and earning fat amounts of badges. Most people love the changes.

2 Likes

Now that’s a fact.

Not really; they’re addicts.

Not really true. My wife works with numbers all the time. One of her quotes I hear her say is something like this:

“I can take the same group of numbers and prove anything I want. It depends on how it is presented.”

It’s just like with the XO numbers, people that want to show a decline in the game stop showing numbers at the month where we had a flood of people from the closing servers BUT if you go back one more month and all the way to the beginning of the game you will see how the game is currently in one of its best population states we have ever had.

It has finally started to balance out after the flood.

Reddit, the forum, discord, the Facebook comments, and the in-game chat all have the same. To find opposing views, that being relentlessly positive ones instead of relentlessly negative ones, I need to find the echo chamber of Rough Monkey and his couple of friends here on the Forum.

You misunderstood my other point about the numbers.

This I agree with wholeheartedly.

3 Likes

This genre doesn’t have any competition. That’s why I still loiter about here. If there was an alternative to this game that provided me a way to create rusty mutant hot-rods with as sophisticated and beautifully crafted a build feature as this one has, I’d be gone, but there isn’t. IDK why, except to think that maybe it’s very difficult to manage, and other companies just don’t want the headache.

They’ve created a very unique game here, but I think focusing on the creative edge, like I wish they would, would alienate a lot of people, so they just sell them guns to plop on top of their heap-mobiles a lot.

They haven’t abandoned the build feature, by any means. They are constantly coming out with new structure parts, paints, and decor, but they do cater to people who aren’t very creative and would rather buy variety, rather than build it from their own imagination, I think out of necessity.

As far as creativity goes, I think this game is one of the best, but as far as a PVP/PVE shooter goes, it’s mediocre often, cycling from great to crap, over and over.

I don’t know why some people want to pretend like that isn’t the case, because it appears that the developers are very aware of it, and are often hard at work trying to fix that dynamic…even if I don’t really agree with their progression or development direction. I do think they see room for improvement, like most of us do, and a few of us pretend not to see, which is very frustrating to listen to, and even worse when trying to contend with the stupid flagging they do to bury dissenting opinions, or comments on perceived room for improvement we might think this game could use.

Well, it’s not really a genre. More like a theme.

But the reason is that post-apocalyptic-themed games are now in past.

By making it untradeable? I mean, come on. What was the last really new decoration part?

The newest structure part is that one “right triangle” in the Beetle pack. Less than mediocre.

If we’re focusing on creativity aspect, there are several better examples, which I already named on this forum.

No, not really that hard. They just don’t want to work. Or they don’t want to think. Or they are happy with what they have already and until their “cows” stop giving golden milk they won’t lift a finger to make a new one.

It doesn’t really amtter what they think because developers do not decide what they wil lbe developing. It’s the management problem. Within the management, I’d say. Management is the problem, I’d say. People who manage this company is the problem. I’d say.

I think there is a lot of evidence for that. I agree.

This last battle pass, and every battle pass before it dumps a lot of structure parts, paints, and decor into the game, completely free too. The structure parts from the current battle pass are pretty good, IMO, which I think was the most valid argument to be made against that badge fiasco they tried to pull, and sort of did achieve to a degree. It’s impossible to get those previous BP structure parts without badges, so I found the fit many of us pitched about it was warranted.

I like this creepy looking sci-fi…

…and the headlights that came with it.

1 Like

Rough monkey the game seriously is not doin very good. If you take a look at the top sellers on steam just for the free to play list alone crossout is ranked at 67 on the list which is even doing worst than unheard of indie games like fishing planet lol. The average population on steam charts is 69% of what it was at the time of the player spike in January and and if you had to compare it percentage wise the population is at the equivalent of 2366 average players using the same metrics from before the player spike and there have been only 4 months that has been lower and if you had to use the same formula for last month as well than last month have been the lowest average player count on record.

1 Like

It seriously is doing way better then the first 4 years, period. If they can make it through their first 4 years with less players then we have now then they can make it now.

My reality is not yours:

1. The rating on Xbox is still very high.
  2. I get about 30sec. PvP que times when I play US primetime.
  3. I get pretty much instant que matches for Confrontations
  4. I make the same coins I did on the market ever week (about 10k+)
  5. I make more badges then I ever made
  6. the game has 100 times more things for me to play with then year one.

One thing I can say for 100% is that “MY” XO game experience is going awesome.

PC is just not the place to be for this game. That’s going to be a common forum theme.

1 Like

They don’t need to be the best game to keep running. Can’t really compair it to other games.

my queue can be less than that, don’t mean nothing. The player base is still within the average norm of 40%. People ain’t leaving in super mass droves it ain’t like the population halved so it be hard to notice, crossout always had kind of a low but stable population but it is lower than usual by crossout standards but you really need a super high jump or super low drop to visually notice it. 30 seconds ain’t really that great either.

Correct! Because we are gaining.(current 30day numbers as of this post)

Also, look at the first 4+ years numbers.
No one is counting the sever closure bump as a gain.

4% gain still keeps it at the 4th lowest month on record, ain’t no where to go but up because count is that low.

From September 2016 to December 2022 the highest the population ever was in a single month was 4914 average on steam. (It only did this one month - most the other months are muc lower then this) that represents the first 4+ years of the game.)

We are now at 6793 average

These are facts.

1 Like

Yes, but it was about three months ago. And it was only 5-6 different parts.

And the thing is, they are either paid with gold or with money only.

And neither is available for some decoration.

Well, that makes two. That’s not really a lot.

rough monkey when it gets back to 9000-10000 average players like it was in january than you can start rubbing the insane player count increase non sense in our faces but it is miles and miles away from reaching anywhere close to that.

When you stop counting the server closer and get back to reality you will realize that as a company these guys are making double now.

They just announced a massive hiring of designers.

That’s good enough for me man.

1 Like