How is our game REALLY doing - a possibility

rough monkey when it gets back to 9000-10000 average players like it was in january than you can start rubbing the insane player count increase non sense in our faces but it is miles and miles away from reaching anywhere close to that.

When you stop counting the server closer and get back to reality you will realize that as a company these guys are making double now.

They just announced a massive hiring of designers.

That’s good enough for me man.

1 Like

rough monkey that 4914 average at the peak was actually around 14 000 players. The population was always in that area but they just weren’t being counted on steam charts but whatever happened in january was more akin to the true player count than what was being counted before. Crossout use to be in the top 20 on freetoplay games in is now at 67 sitting behind a pile of shovel ware indie games that I never heard of.

Fast queue times is a good metric of how the game is doing. I’ve been playing it long enough to know that things have improved greatly over the years, and I’ve seen no sign of queue times getting worse recently.

Now it’s true that console went down to 6v6 PVP, but that was quite a while ago, and any impact that had has been absorbed by now.

1 Like

Did you do a survey of your queue times with a stopwatch and keep track of it. Not very convincing. Go the extra mile and keep track of it but there is no hard data involved. It is like trying to guess how many jelly beans are in a jar with one having 200 jelly beans and the other having 230 jelly beans.

I get very impatient if I have to wait longer than a minute. That used to be relatively common, and it’s not now.
However, I will say that the wait times for brawls are bad, and have been for a long time.

Did you do a survey of all the corporate data for this game?

All this stuff (on both sides) is here say at best.

If I have fast que times and the charts say the game is going up. Then that’s about all I can judge it on.

Not some dude on the forum.

‘or…maybe they are all playing at the same time you are’?

1 Like

Here is a survey for yea and it is stareing you straight in the face everytime your scrolling thru the market. Look at how many buy and sell offers there are on items. Did they go drastically up? the population is more or less what it always was. Ill show you a screen shot from 2018 when I first started playing. Look up old market footage compared to now and you will see that the average amount of buy and sell orders is more like half of what it used to be
Here is a very old screenshot taken from 2018

Now here is 3 screenshots with some of the same above items that was just taken

You notice something, all the buy and sell orders have gone down. If there were more people playing you would think there be more people wanting to buy items just to even play the game but it is the opposite. If you want to get the figures for xbox just look up some old xbox footage on youtube and compared it to now and the results will probably be similar.

2 Likes

Not to me sir. This is not my reality, sorry it is yours.

Like I said - Xbox is awesome.

PC XO… not so much.

This will be a common theme.

Not really, seems like there is maybe a half to a third third of players on xbox compared to pc. Here is proof.
Here is a screenshot I took from some ones youtube channel who plays xbox compared to pc

here is pc screenshot of copper

1 Like

It is not proof of anything lol, and what are you trying to prove exactly? This does not make me like the game any less and I know for a fact it is better now then it was even 2 years ago.

Are you trying to prove that I’m not having a great experience playing that game? You can’t. I’m having a blast.

Fast ques + good market + fun times = good for me.

I’m not trying to prove your not having a great experience but what I am proving is that console got no more than half the playerbase pc does. Take of that what you will. Show me a screen shot of the pyres I am willing to bet it prob got roughly half the buy/sell orders that pc does. It is about 89 on pc so I am willing to bet there is prob 40-50 orders on console. The buy /sell orders on the market is a solid indicator of the overall population. If you had a million players you really think that those buy/sell offers would be in the double digits? no it wouldn’t it would be in the 4 or 5 digits range.
This poll with the console/pc user % seems about right too

1 Like

To be fair, really thriving game would have thousands of sell/buy orders, if not tens of thousands.

3 Likes

The crossout population was always wavy anyways. It goes up and down and up and down but usually up during the northern hemisphere winter season is when the player base has a tendency to be up for the most part which is now the new season we are approaching. One thing that I can tell you for certain is that the player count is still more or less what it always was, there is no super mass exodus or super crazy gain either it is within the norm of 40% decrease or increase from peak to bottom and it has been that way since the game released.

Back in the days when the steam charts use to say 2000 to 4000 average players online it was in fact actually more like 6000 to 9000 players that was playing and you can prove that just by looking thru old footage of buy/sell orders as a good indicator of that being the actual case and it is still roughly the same on average just a little less.

3 Likes

Of course. But Gaijin’s abortion of a client never shows any numbers of their playerbase so we may never find the truth.

Your not saying anything new.

This is the same old song and dance for years.

Xbox - just like PC - has a greater population then it did the first 4 years.

These are facts.

So if PC has more then they did before and Xbox “still” has half then both platforms have increased.

Thank you for your info. It was very helpful.

Some people are trying to get hired in one of those open positions so they have to look good in the eyes of the employer, between flagging old posts
But this game loses players all the time and then new ones come in get tired and so the cycle repeats itself very few stick around for very long

1 Like

This is how free to play business models work.

And that’s what I stated, games have turn over rates

1 Like