In The Grip Of Ice

The “In the grip of ice” event has already begun!

Hello, survivors!

Today marks the start of the “In the grip of ice” event, where you will have the chance to get a number of valuable weapons, structural parts of “Hyperborea”, as well as coins and cosmetic items!

In the grip of ice

Attention! The event and packs will be available until February 21 inclusive!

• The levels and corresponding rewards are unlocked as you complete special challenges and earn event experience points.
  • Event experience points are required to unlock levels and receive rewards.
  • As part of this event, you will be receiving new challenges: 1 main and 1 additional challenge.
  • New challenges appear every day. All uncompleted daily challenges are accumulated.
  • The base event rewards are available to all players without exception. They include:
    • “Hyperborea” structural parts (please note that such parts are not issued in excess of the established limit. If you have previously received these parts during the “Polar lights” season or unlocked them with Engineer badges, then these parts will not be issued again);
    • 50 in-game coins;
    • A number of cosmetic items;
    • Containers with resources;
    • Workbench coupons;
    • Engineer badges.
  • All additional rewards (marked with a lock icon on a blue background) are only available to those who have purchased the “In the grip of ice” pack (standard or deluxe version). Purchasing the deluxe version immediately unlocks the following 10 levels and all the rewards of the unlocked levels.
  • Purchasing the pack gives you access to:
    • Already produced and tradable parts;
    • Recipes for the production of certain upgraded parts on the event workbench;
    • Additional 550 in-game coins;
    • 3 paints (including the new paint “Sweet candy”), 2 decorations and a new amusement ride “Speed meter”;
    • Storage expansion;
    • For each subsequent level, starting from 51, you will receive the “P-25 Guardian” machine gun as a reward. These machine guns can be used in the production of parts on a special event workbench, as well as sold or used in upgrades.

Attention! The “In the grip of ice” packs will be available on all platforms from January 18 to February 21 inclusive!

1 Like

It’s not a bad mini pass, especially once you look through the crafting bench associated with it. You can do some real catch-up with this one…plus…
screenshot-240117-222410(29;4;44)
It’s got Sweet Candy. That’s a cool paint.
screenshot-240117-222350(29;4;44)

It also awards all sorts of free resources and a some other crap to kids that don’t even buy the pass, so thanks for that, Devs.

Nice, except much of the crafting stuff is sold out on the market already as not everyone can craft the stuff… lol Dysfunctional as always…

1 Like

If you get the pass, it awards you some goods you can convert directly to some pretty heavy schit, I think.

The pass gives you a Heather you can directly craft into any one of those legendaries, and enough other components to do the same with the lower rarity recipies, or potentially craft another Heather and end up with two of those Legendaries, I think…god-fused Legendaries too.

It’s not bad…I was enjoying frowning at these developers and their behavior, but now? IDK.

The Sweet Candy softened my heart a little maybe. It’s a nice bonus for anybody who does pick this one up, I think.

Well for $10 they have to give something out…

They’re using arguments and trombones in it which are also in the current BP too. So it’s almost double denial on some crafting. It’s just poor planning especially if they’ve paid attention to how it dries the market out on parts. The parts will drip back in slowly but at price gorging costs.

We know you like the racing decor not just the candy paint.

1 Like

I’m starting to get tempted by these mini BPs. Looks like I could get a matched fused set of some legendary weapons I’ve wanted for a while, for very little money.
But I’ve barely used some of the stuff from the current BP, and also have a backlog of things I’ve grinded out but haven’t used much yet, so I will probably skip this one too.

2 Likes

Ya, a pair of those fused Mammoths looks like it might help me out with my Tank project pretty nicely, but I’m not sure I want to screw with Legendary game-play.

I don’t hate this one.

I do like some racing decor, but I’m not sure I’d ever actually use the Sweet Candy. It’s not really my speed, but I know some other folks had just recently been pining over it…it does actually look delicious, though.

This one does have me interested, and for a mini pass, I think this one is setting a better standard than previous versions. I’ll have to go back in game and gawk at it some more, and ponder the math…and that delicious paint.

Oh…they said they had Grip of Ice packs coming out tomorrow. That might be more my speed. I skipped this last main Battle Pass, but I picked up the Manitou pack, and I like it pretty good, and don’t feel any remorse for buying it at all. So I could go that direction (get a pack instead)…IDK. Maybe I’m just too excited, and need to chill a moment.

I was looking at the last one and getting everything done netted you to the threshold of getting 1 of the last part if you get it right before it ends. So to get anywhere far in the mini pass you probably have to get the more expensive one which will net 9-10 of the last part.

I don’t like the overlap in crafting as I mentioned above. Similarly out of the older ones didn’t like when they used pack items for crafting.

I think adding structure parts to it is kind of backtracking on making the badges useful too.

1 Like

One more cool thing…
screenshot-240117-210910(25;3;39)
The Speed Meter.

I’d love for them to add some track to go with that. My Range would be a lot cooler with a race track.

4 Likes

Crummy whales…

This should have optional voice-over, so you don’t have to look at the display every time, having sped past the gate and mabe not wanting to have to stop right away. Perhaps Russian Sarah Connor from the Christmas raid - I love her accent. :smile:

1 Like

The paint is cool
That’s about as much attention a mini pass deserves

Candy cane paint sweet ! (Pun intended) For a 10 spot not bad for a fused weapon. I wouldn’t complain :speak_no_evil: for a tsunami for a 10 spot. But in todays worlds economy . Sadly that’s the cost of a loaf of bread & a gallon of milk.

Bought the paint in 20 mins, that was a fun month’s worth of “content”

2 Likes

These mini-BPs are really good for newer players who want to get some higher level gear quickly and cheaply.
I’m almost glad they don’t offer that much to people that already did the main-BP with those parts, so that it’s not so tempting for us.

1 Like

Pass for me. I’m not spending money with them anymore until balancing patches happen.

Movement parts.
Stripping.
LAZER GARBAGE
Cabins that offer huge dps buffs.

These are things that have been far out of balance and with each new introduction, become even further imbalanced.

1 Like

I agree. It solves the issues of getting left behind, and the work bench for this mini-pass offers fused gear in a wide variety of play-styles. It’s easy to customize to your own particular groove.

That Sweet Candy paint made a sudden an unusually low drop in price, so I picked one up. I’m not sure why somebody would offer that paint for 50% less than the previous sale price, but whatever. Thanks, dude. I might have bought two, but there was only one offered that drastically under-priced when I got there…this market is so weird.

I’ll stop shilling for corporate now…it’s not bad mini pass, and it gives me hope that the upcoming primary pass will be as well put together…OK, I’m really done now.

2 Likes

Checked the going price after your post on the PC markets. Sellers asking price is around 2K. What is it selling for on console markets?

i like the candy cane paint it looks nice and vibrant.
i hope they put in various different colours like green and white and also blue and white. having variety helps!

i saved mine from the last event. i think though that the new battle pass coming out for the hyperborea parts is going to have some new weapons we might want to stockpile if we can. never know if they might use them for a battle pass event, if they do well youll earn a nice sum of cash off it.

this is tempting honestly… the one im focused on is either the mandrake (to have two), the aspect or a toadfish. i already have a mastodon and a fused mammoth so i dont need another fused mammoth…

do you think the paint can tastes like mint? :rofl:

1 Like

1289 is what im currently looking at… LOL :rofl: