It’s not about the badges

Well, after I think about it, in my case, this change doesn’t mean much to me personally.

I wasn’t logging in and playing enough to get more than 1 or 2 weeklies done anyway. None of the stuff I want is purchasable buy emblems.

I basically just play till it’s not fun and when stuff adds up enough, get what I want.

I will just put effort into building a clan once the lakes freeze over.

This does not mean I think it is a good change. It only means in my particular case, it doesn’t change much for me when I honestly look at it.

3 Likes

The badges are just the final straw.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Crossout/comments/160hj7q/xo_was_doomed_since_beta/

3 Likes

But its less about the weeklies and more about the disregard of the solo players. Here’s how it matters clans earn uranium solo players don’t, but we get to deal with them in PvP. Then you have the lopsided matches where there’s a clan on one team but not on the other and the clanless solo players just gets annihilated.
And then add in the fact that for the last 3 years they have been buffing and nerfing things to benefit clans, example, I put blades along the nose of my rides, as well as along both sides and rear corners, it use to take 2 to 3 snares to slow me down, and the only till i turned enough for one of those blade touched a cables holding me.
That would really disrupt a clan, and the rest of the team could mop up what i didn’t get. Now 1 snags me and holds me so the whole clan can rip me apart, in PvP with the weapons they made with uranium that they earned in cw.

2 Likes

I understand that. Totally. I am in a clan of one. Me.

3 Likes

For me it’s mostly about the badges (along with the solo and PVE neglect) and only slightly about another mode that I can’t really get into.

7 Likes

This is the first weekend after the upgrade, I’m not yet in clan and I’ve played much less than before, no rewards and few challenges = little desire to play.
I will probably join a clan, even if I had tried to make a band just to access the clan challenges, but the badage rewards are so small that they don’t make me want to play.
Before I used to play at least a couple of hours every day and more on weekends, now I have much more time for more, thanks devs.

6 Likes

Same here, gonna farm more lighters and delete xo for good, no point of playing for solo players. If i woudn’t buy last bp i would delete xo even earlier

6 Likes

First we are forced to farm lighters to get more or good items in bp, next we are forced to play slaughter with no option to turn it off, now we are forced to be in clan (not just clan, active one with at least 16+ players who plays every day) to get badges, what next, we will need to pay to play xo ? Weird decisions. Seems like not game devs are deciding what to implement into this game, but most likely some managers who have’nt even started xo once

Oh and i forgot to add some gm answers in general chat. If you don’t like the game - don’t play it. Really good advice lol, way to imrpove things

8 Likes

Same here I have had to force myself to play just to get my moneys worth.

5 Likes

It was like going to work or something… not fun at all.

I was having flashbacks of having to do group projects in Social Studies in school… getting grouped with that weird dude who picks his nose, the class clown and the brownnoser (I’m the kid sitting over there drawing space ships ignoring everything going on).

4 Likes

Just been looking at the Steam rating and its now down to 39% now. You would have thought the Devs might have got it that Solo players don’t want to be part of a team or clan, so why not just restore the old weeklies and badges for the solo players.

I haven’t played the game since they got rid of the weeklies. I was going to permanently delete my account. Doc Savage recommended i hang on to see if things get changed, unfortunately they haven’t. Been playing games where you are not forced in to a team

5 Likes

It’s because your 39% is not the big picture. It’s only 800 or so votes out of the total and does not mater much in the full picture.

They are going to focus on the main number which is 76% positive.

Players have rated Crossout as "Mostly Positive " out of 56,521 total reviews on the Steam Store. These are split between 42,949 positive reviews and 13,572 negative reviews — an overall 76% positive review rating. It is available for gamers to download and play completely for free.

Why are you not able to understand that some people do not want to be part of a band or clan. Solo players having the old weekly challenges does not affect you. Clans get extra challenges, great. Solo players having the old weeklies back, great. It would be a win win situation.

Also, going back to steam, how many players of the 75% of positive reviews are still playing? If all those that had given positive reviews were to redo their reviews, would they still be positive? If things get sorted i would redo my review and change it to positive. Basically some of those reviews would have been from a time when Crossout was a different game.

Again Solo players having the old amount of badges and weekly challenges would not affect you so i don’t know why you are so against them.

3 Likes

Talk about having your head on the sand!

Screenshots_2023-09-13-20-19-04

That main number, which is also dropping, is mostly based on reviews of a game that doesn’t really exist anymore (XO of years past).

That number you’ve been so happy to see in the green on Steam Charts is also falling. The overall trend continues.

The current game is far worse than what it was even a year ago, and no amount of your truly bizarre cheerleading is going to change it.

As is, the game is only “good” for well established players. For new people (and I’m relatively new compared to most of you), the game is terrible. It’s made even worse if you cannot spend enormous amounts of time in the game every week.

I’m trying to figure out the rational for defending the current set up. All I can come up with is that there are people who have a truly obsessive & addictiive relationship with the game and cannot tolerate other people not LOVING the object of their obsession.

The “no no, it’s AWESOME” statements aren’t convincing anyone the game is better. It’s just exposing how toxic it has become.

4 Likes

It is awesome. Thanks.

Your amazing.
Remember your 8500 peak players, well your down another 1000, and will be down another 1000 next month. At this rate the game will be all but dead by x-mas

This is why. Tell me why anyone would believe this was a fair match.

https://youtu.be/jL_5hZPUADg?si=N3_TQawz8Cnpf8YT

Their top ps 16958, on my team 14675,
I’m the lowest on my team at 10548, theirs, 11993, their bot scored 842, mine 89.
I get 1 or 2 matches, but 13 out of 15, where the deck is stacked against me.
All because I won’t join a clan.
And because the game drives away solo players is why it loses a 1000 players a month

1 Like

I don’t get it. Wrong video? Looks like you did pretty OK to me. What’s the problem? You did way better than I would have expected with that build.

You know, the matchmaker doesn’t just consider power-scores when it fashions a match? I’m guessing “dudes that suck at 16K” was a big factor in why those guys were there.

I’ve heard people complain about how wonky the matchmaker is, and I’ve gotten the short end of that stick many times myself, but I just can’t understand how that video supports your complaint. You got 4 kills, and won the match too.

1 Like

This is the main issue I see with that video.

If I qued into a Confrontation match and saw a double fatman track build next to me I would instantly think “ok, well, we are starting one man down.”

Ive lost 13 matches like that. Heres a call out to all players in a clan. how often do you go 2 and 13?
I can’t complete challenges if i can’t win the matchs.
But clans get resources dumped on them, but a solo player has to live through this, just eke out a bare minimum of resources

1 Like

And as I just showed it’s more about skill then the build, and the way it should be.
Cause you could say that about all my builds.
But as I stated in another thread I’m not the only one on the team.
If you watched the video all the way to the end, you’ll see I’ve won 2 out of 15.
Every win is badges, badges which they choke off to the majority of gamers, the solo player.
These are the new players that you drive more away then you bring in, because they go 2 and 13 because they don’t want to be in a clan.
So the game will lose another 1000 players next month, instead of adding players

1 Like