Just remove the cloak

A Mad Max wasteland style game doesnt need star trek fantasy technology.
Turn it into something more grounded in reality like becoming invisible to radar.
There are so many troll builds who pop up 10 meters from your car, then eat you up with close range or melee weapons.
People should be able to trust their eyes, and not be paranoid about the invisible attacker that could kill them any second :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

“Fantasy” is literal magic.

And this game is allowed to have creative liberty.

Sounds like someone was mad they didn’t have an Oculus mounted and got demolished by a melee dog.

3 Likes

Thank you for the troll reply,

Before you start assuming, you should re-evaluate what you post.

I think a lot of people on this forum won’t be happy until the game is returned to the bare bones state it was way back in the very beginning.

I’m happy that new toys get added all the time. Keeps things interesting.

3 Likes

Cloak is not a “new” toy, its been around almost as long as wedge builds.

And you’ve managed not to whine about it for this long.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s my point.

Without cloaks and detectors, terrain and movement would actually matter.

And what do you mean, “managed not to whine about it for this long”. I always said cloak sucks. At least since they removed the shimmer effect and made it completely invisible at range, and everybody started using it.

3 Likes

You’re not derp_driver!

Or are you?

1 Like

The game has a lore, it’s based on Hard Truck Apocalypse / Ex Machina. It has aliens. It has sentinent AI. It has scientists gone off the charts in many ways. Thus it conviniently has cloak.

The game has zero to do with Mad Mad. The latter is not scifi like Crossout. Mad Max world is based on nuclear war/ loss of oil that ended normal way of life.

2 Likes

You mean remove half of the tech tree from the game because you don’t dig sci-fi and balance game until you don’t get rekt

2 Likes

once balance changes are eventually out and dog builds are a defeatable force again then we can talk about keeping the cloak in the game

keeping things interesting is cool but i would prefer the game to be at least remotely balanced.
for instance the only interesting thing about clan wars is how uncommon it is to encounter teams that arent full dog builds

1 Like

The top console team is a spider team. Others in top 10 use hover often. Dogs may be easier to do well with but their ceiling isnt as high as other builds. That sounds like pretty good balance, at least at higher power scores.

1 Like

it isnt a good balance if only the top teams are capable of beating dog builds. the issue is that they require no skill or coordination to play when compared to any other team composition, so unless you have a team that has builds that complement each other well and also good communication, its guaranteed that you lose against dogs

1 Like

I am sure lower level dog teams are also losing matches.

Claysdad is right in pointing out that dog teams are definitely not unbeatable. If they were truly that strong, you would see it at the top.

To be clear, there are dog builds used at the top as well. FIN has been huge for heavy dogs. I personally think kapkans should be stronger as a counter but regardless, dogs can be caged. When people use words like “always” and “only”, they discredit themselves and their argument.

1 Like

Yeti OP but the rest is fine.

2 Likes

2 Likes