Just remove the cloak

I feel like I had a week of being able to abuse Yeti before every match suddenly had several players running a verifier.
Not complaining: yeti would be too strong without some counters.

Sometimes I run a verifier, itā€™s still broken af

I would have thought you would love using it.
But it is hard to fit into smaller builds.

You dont play high PS, correct? Most heavy breaker builds run no cloak. The FIN gives them the speed to keep up with other builds and the perk makes them difficult to strip.

The YETI is strong but there are tools to deal with that, like others have suggested.

While yes, the verifier is good, the Oculus is cheaper. If you can afford a verifier, go for it. But I was trying to show a VERY easy way to counter cloaks (Imma grab me a verifier, donā€™t have one yet).

1 Like

dog builds infested everything and are dominating. as i said in the previous post, to defeat a regular team of dogs you need meta builds and good teamwork / communication. dog builds are overpowered and there is no other way to put it

2 Likes

Yes, and Iā€™m guessing this is why your protests arenā€™t being heard too.

All Iā€™m gonna say about it, is that reverse isnā€™t a good defense against the melee rush. Stop it. Spread the word.

Yeah Iā€™m playing at 15k and itā€™s all dogs with Yeti cloaks, Iā€™m glad I can just out-drive them and shove rockets in their mouths. Itā€™s way too OP to even be considered fair play, power creep engines let super heavy melee to drive at near top speeds while weighing like 20 tonnes and on top of it theyā€™re cloaked foreverā€¦ no one with a working brain would ever say itā€™s not a problem even with Verifiers etc.

3 Likes

A team of dogs is by definition a meta, and so it is not surprising that the best way to beat them is to run a counter meta.
How exactly do you think things should work?
Is a single cannon player supposed to be able to take on a group of any build type?

Anyway, good teamwork beats any build in Crossout (assuming your team is running competitive builds). Yes, there is more melee currently than there has been for a bit, but so what? Is it really any worse to see less MGs and more melee?

True story.

1 Like

For me, the Gerrida Punisher Humpback spiders with 50 legs and a Pegasus engine was the worst meta in recent years. Those things went 70 kph, had instant acceleration, at least 5000 hp and firedog builds bounced off of them as if they were opposing magnets.

You had entire teams just sitting around and capping bases and being fat, regular spider stuff and you couldnā€™t win unless you had your own set.

I have 13 fused Gerridas with fused Humpback, fused Helios and all the trimmings and I donā€™t want that meta to come back.

Firedog meta is fun. You just drive around and burn stuff. The battles are over quickly, win lose or draw, so you get much more resources per hour by sending it.

Get yourself some Dracos or Hammerfalls and get in on it!

1 Like

Yeah, seems to me that itā€™s a good thing that wheeled builds can compete at the top level.
Feels more like what the game was originally intended to be.

why should a completely skillless braindead build type be the absolute meta that is capable of beating any build or composition?
dog builds should be on par with other types of builds, not be capable of obliterating anything they encounter within seconds without having to even move the mouse.
on top of this the devs still want to buff dogs, even after giving it infinite infisibility and nerfing all other movement parts that could counter it

3 Likes

this is such an immensely deluded thing to say

A) just because you donā€™t like melee doesnā€™t mean itā€™s ā€œbraindeadā€

B) the nature of all close range builds mean they need to be able to do a lot of damage quickly, or they would have no chance at all.

C) just because you donā€™t know how to counter dogs doesnā€™t mean everyone else has the same issue with them. I am rarely killed by dogs, because I rarely play the builds that are easy for them to kill.

1 Like

The only time I loose playing melee is after the matchmaker buries me in thousands of points in power-score, which is exactly what it does (I wonder why). I MVP with nothing else as often, or as easily. They are generally cheap to buy and are the easiest builds to construct and operate by leaps and bounds. I presume this is why everybody is using them; they are easy mode. I thought that was pretty self-evident, myself.

What I found to be difficult to construct and operate were Hovers, and anything using cannons. I tip my hat to those kids who can make that work (I sure canā€™t)ā€¦but Melee? No, that schit is simple, shot guns too, but not nearly as much as active melee. It couldnā€™t be more simple. I have no idea what would beā€¦If they juiced up the drones again, I guess that would be.

It used to be more difficult to take that crap (melee) up into higher power-scores, because of how powerful the guns are up there, but I figure thatā€™s not the case so much anymore.

Melee needs a nerf. I too think itā€™s pretty lousy with over-powering melee out there right now. They chew up my teams in PVP like nothing else very routinely. They are quite clearly too much, and obviously are siphoning the fun out of the game for too many playersā€¦and just because they might not be pwning my ass all of the time (sometimes, though), doesnā€™t obscure my sight of how outstandingly they demolish my entire team over and over, or reap the lionā€™s share of kills for my team when they are on it (or I am using it), as well.

1 Like

So what is our ideal Crossout balance?

If we divide the build categories into close range, mid range, and long range, I think itā€™s safe to say that we just went through a long period where mid range builds were the most commonly played in most PS ranges.
These days, I feel like most of my matches are a pretty even mix of the three categories. Mid range DPS is still probably more common than long or close range, at least at the PS ranges Iā€™m playing.
I would estimate that maybe a quarter of the builds I see in PVP are close range, probably a third are mid range, and the rest long range.

I do think long range needs some buffs though. I would prefer they continue to tinker with projectiles, explosive damage, and penetration to make cannons and missiles more scary.

Easy things are weaker than harder to use/master things

2 Likes

That sounds like a horrible idea to me.

If youā€™ve got the skills to play a high difficulty weapon, you donā€™t need the game to hold your hand and give you extra damage.

New players in particular need some viable easy to learn weapons.

I think they need to make active melee more heavy, so they arenā€™t so quick and supported by so much armor, durability and speed, and fix regular tracks so they arenā€™t obsolete. Then I think the game would be in pretty tight shape.

I tried for months to sell my small tracks, then they fixed them and buffed the hell outta them while I was gone, and OMG they are awesome now. Too awesome? Probably.

I gave up trying to sell them and went ahead and made a build with them, and I canā€™t believe everybody isnā€™t abusing that schit (yet?). I love the drift. Itā€™s better than racing wheels (probably shouldnā€™t be). I have a feeling they are too much as well, but nobody else seems to be catching on to how well they performā€¦yet?

Maybe itā€™s just me, and they suit my play-style too well. IDK. Thatā€™s another build (small tracks and shot guns) that if the matchmaker doesnā€™t bury me several thousand points deep, Iā€™ll dominate with it fairly easily.

On topic: This new cloak is probably too much as well, but IDK. I donā€™t play in that range, or encounter it, or have issues with it if I do. As far as I can tell, Iā€™m either playing under it and donā€™t run into it, or am just not finding to be that problematic.

1 Like