New faction “hyperborea”. part 1

I love the new gen, now I get to spend 3k if I wanna keep playing my light builds in a competitive way. And im sure new players gonna love it aswell, buying 1 gen to unlock all the lategame builds… borrring… now they get to buy 2! Fantastic addition to the game.

And resetting all the hovers exhibition agian agian 10/10

New parts: looking cool
Me: excited
New cab: Drone cab

I don’t often play drones, but that cabin might change my feelings. Looks fun!

1 Like

Big droner here so im interested in this new cab…but its a heavy so if its slow i doubt i will use it.

3 Likes

I’m not a big droner, but I do use them somewhat frequently when I’m wanting a more arcade-style experience (meaning I 'm feeling lazy :rofl: ) But, yeah… heavy? So, it’ll maybe go 72 with the cheetah? 78? Sounds counter to how I play drones for sure!

I use the Call - obviously - but find it’s often too slow to make drones work. The Aggressor and Beholder are my other cabs I’ll use for drones… not sure if the Aggressor perk works for drones or not, but the speed sure helps, and I dig the little exhaust animations it has. I’m a sucker for exhausts.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if the new light gen probably means further reduction to hovers mass lol.

1 Like

I just realized that the new generator will allow me to pile even more armour on my heavy builds!
Health bricks get even healthier! (And more explosive)

1 Like

Ya, now that you mention it, just how is that supposed to work, anyway?

I was too, and ya, it’s way too slow since the speed nerf. Very disappointing, that nerf was, but it’s still a lot faster than any heavy cab out there is, so WTF are they thinking with this? we don’t need more dysfunctional cabs in this game. I don’t think we need more Legendary cabs, or drones for that matter, in this game, but whatever.

I like drones (and boomsticks) for when the game sucks, and aiming a weapon seems futile and toothless. I also like them because I can build car-cars with them, that look and act like cars.

I think drones are in a good spot right now, as far as game-balance goes (I need to help them out and be involved if I want them to succeed), and I’d hate to see them screw that up with this ridiculous (but beautiful) new drone-perked cab, but the cab is so wrong for the job, I just don’t know how that’s supposed to work. I don’t think I want it to work, either.

1 Like

I would suppose it would depend on the range you can send the drones out.

1 Like

Don’t mind me and my concept “art”

3 Likes

I like it, but I think this is the direction you should take the concept.

I think the theme is going to be airships, and the new cab and dieselpunk motif is to compliment the copters and the new flight control feature. I could be wrong, of course, but I think you have to admit the new cab would make an awesome dieselpunk airship.

1 Like

Those parts look nice. On the other hand: that’s all? Nothing new for Awakening or any new map/location?

That is just the first teaser. There will be a few more. I don’t think this is expected until february.

2 Likes

This should have been a Med or Light cab.

2 Likes

And this cabin for drones will hit 70-75 kph at max, so it will be in fact another useless cabin on another failed attempt for making drone fighting viable mark my words

Gotcha. But I feel like there won’t be much.

Hope dies last.

Depending on how effective the perk is, the cabin speed might be attempt to avoid another droneapocalypse (not the brawl, but that period where grenadiers were so OP and making everyone insane).

1 Like

I honestly think that making this cabin a heavy cab ,most likely, made this cab an instant piece of trash :slight_smile:

BUT I fused a set of fuse drones and grenadiers just to try and prove that wrong.

In the end I think it will fail miserably. Still I think I will get a lot of enjoyment killing people with a build that everyone thinks sucks, lol. (Even if it really does suck)

1 Like

I think of “bad” parts as if I’m turning my difficulty setting up for more of a challenge.
And yes, there is something so sweet about killing someone using items that are considered useless by most players.

2 Likes

Amen… or splatting some hover dude with dual scorps with my sledgehammer rig. :rofl:

1 Like