New season in Crossout. Part 1

Hello, survivors!

The closer we get to the end of the current “Polar lights” season, the more questions we receive about the novelties of the next season. Today we are starting to share with you the details about the new parts that are coming to Wasteland next month. Let’s go!

We remind you that all the new features described in the “Developer blog” are not final and may be changed before they are introduced into the game or may not make it into the game at all. This applies not only to information about possible unique features of new parts, but also to the appearance of the parts themselves.

Legendary engine “Pegasus”

The unique development of the Dawn’s children — the first engine of legendary rarity in the Wasteland!

The Dawn’s children have spent hundreds of hours studying the archives of the Waderkvarn corporation searching for a way to control the Ravagers. Although the scientists never succeeded in achieving this goal, they realized that in some cases, cooperation can produce far more results than attempts to subjugate.

Compared to other “epic” engines, “Pegasus” features an increased bonus to the vehicle’s mass limit and gives a good increase in cabin power.

Keep in mind — this is the most massive engine, comparable in size and exceeding the mass of the previous record holders, “Golden eagle” and “Oppressor”. As we already know, more mass almost always means more durability, and here the creators of “Pegasus” didn’t disappoint — it’s not only the heaviest, but also the most durable engine of the Wasteland.

But the main feature of this miracle of engineering is its perk, which will reduce the total power consumption from movement parts mounted on the car. Thanks to this, you can install more movement parts on the vehicle or save its power and increase acceleration.

Legendary rail accelerator “Thyrsus I”

It’s quite natural that the technologies of the Ravagers give their owner an advantage on the battlefield. But how exactly this happens still remains a mystery for many. The main thing is that it works.

The high-tech (as technologically advanced as possible) production of the Dawn’s children doesn’t stand still. With Riley’s approval, their latest development, the rail accelerator “Thyrsus I”, is going to the Valley directly from the laboratories.

First of all, we should note the energy consumption of the new brainchild of the scientists. The creators of “Thyrsus” were definitely looking up to “Kaiju” and “Avalanche”. The new rail accelerator didn’t reach their levels just a bit and consumes an impressive 11 units of energy. What do we get by paying such a price?

• Great accuracy. Do you like the accuracy of “Adapter”, “Scorpion” or “Astraeus”? Then you won’t be disappointed.
  • Massive damage in a short amount of time. During its volley, “Thyrsus” launches multiple projectiles at once, which fly out one after another and quickly reach the enemy. But what if the enemy is mobile and not all projectiles reach their target? They will be taken care of as well.
  • Great perk that speeds up the volley. While the perk is active, all projectiles fly out instantly and reach the target just as quickly. This consumes special charges, which are accumulated while being near the wrecks of armoured cars (up to 5). The more wrecks there are nearby, the faster the charges accumulate. The battle begins with already accumulated charges, so it will only be a matter of time before you have new wrecks for recharging.

New structural parts

In this series of development blogs, we will also reveal new structural parts. In this particular blog, we would like to show you 2 parts: “Impact bumper” and “Cutter”.

What do you think about the new parts? Do you have any ideas about what else might be included in the new season? Share your suggestions in the comments, and we’ll see you in the next part of the blog!

Discuss it on Reddit (because we want to keep the community divided, thus easier to control and ignore)!

6 Likes

Here’s another wringing of players’ wallets. :rofl: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

6 Likes

Hey kids! Remember you got your favourite movement part nerfed so when riding uphill you wondered why snails are overtaking you?

Fret now! Just now, for only $9.99, we got you a solution! A brand new car engine that will help you go faster than ever!

Next time, when your favourite weapon will get cut down the size, you’ll know where your favourite salesman is (don’t pay attention that exact salesman was the one who did all the nerfing and cutting).

Isn’t capitalism wonderful? :crazy_face:

10 Likes

Nice trolls all the people with fused engines, a real sniper weapon thats not 60k coins, 11 energi insted of 4 with reload so u have to fuse rest yoself. Good update.

3 Likes

I have been wanting something like this for a long time…

But as with everything, be careful what you ask for, because you might just get it.

Let the power creep begin!

3 Likes

I’m excited about the new items, especially the engine.

2 Likes

All legendary stuff… I mean, that’s cool & all, but if we’re wanting new players to enjoy the game, this isn’t how it works.

That being said… bleh. I haven’t played legendary stuff much for weeks. I’m enjoying the game more than ever because of it. Go figure.

3 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I would argue the opposite: having legendary items in cheap battlepasses makes it easier for new players to get into mid/high PS and makes the grind less frustrating.
I took forever to get around to making an Apollo, whereas a new player who bought the last BP already has a Thor.

3 Likes

I do agree.

But also every new player after this BP will be behind a fused Legendary generator.

It is a double edged sword.

1 Like

Yes & no… and I don’t say that to dismiss your point, because I agree with you very much. For certain parts, the legendaries in BPs is awesome. Apollo, Beholder… probably others I’m forgetting. Great.

On the other hand, I’m sure others have had the same experience I had.

You get one - maybe two of a legendary weapon in a BP. You think that’s awesome. So, you go out with your new toys that you’re super excited to have & get your arse absolutely decimated. Repeatedly.

Why?

Well, you’re out there in a partial crappy legendary build going against players who have actual real legendary builds… proper fusions & weapon/cab/wheel/module synergies & have

absolutely

no

chance.

Then, the game feels impossible because YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY you’re getting decimated.

The whole thing could/should be done better. Give players a full set of weapons… give them synergetic parts… or at least the game should do a better job explaining this stuff to newbs. :man_shrugging:

The requirement to be near vehicle wrecks for what appears to be a sniping weapon doesn’t seem very efficient. Maybe except for raids where a sniper will often be near destroyed raider vehicles, due to passing them (such as Last Convoy raids), or being swarmed by them (such as Steel Cradle raids). It’ll definitely be a problem in Defence raids in the Crater. So it’s another Battle Pass-filler item, such as the Hugging or the Mooning. The former being relatively slow and requiring the droner to be within 30 m from the target, and the latter granting an in-built upgraded Shiver at the expense of an energy point and a perk. Or the Miller, which doesn’t do enough damage despite an ominous-sounding perk. Or the Yokozuna. Or the Enlightenment.

Using 11 energy points, it’ll at least be a choice for those that can only afford one legendary item. (How did I miss that? Thx.)

I like the customary mythological reference:

BTW, I could use more ‘ancient’ stickers for decoration. Something Greek or similar would be nice.

It’s too bad that BP fillers become part of the game and define future gameplay:

1. Once a rarity slot in a particular category is occupied by such an item, it potetially prevents useful items from being released, or delays their release.
  2. New players, or just those that buy a BP with such an item, will make it part of their regular loadouts, which will make their vehicles inefficient in combat. Such as the Miller, whose efficacy many swear by (sometimes adding that it’s great when mounting 3). But I consistently see players with a set of Millers taking too long to destroy raider vehicles. And in PvP, it seems I can sort of ignore Miller users for a short while, even at point-blank range. So much for its scary perk.

The Cutter looks like it’ll have 10 damage bars. I need more bumpers like that. Boosted Clarinet cars are now invalidated by the Volcano, and Hans being sent off to a gulag, but more high-damage bumpers = more building options. The Impact Bumper may be useful for when I need weight-efficient armor.

With the Thyrsus granting a whole weapon loadout for a mere 11 energy points, I’d have 5 energy points to spend on auxiliary modules. So maybe one day I’d be able to mostly armor a vehicle with bumpers, add an upgraded Interceptor, and still have a Doppler, a Verifier, a Chameleon and an engine. :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe the developers removed instant braking from the Omni and the Meatgrinder (however roundabout that braking method was), in order to later release a brake module? I mean, who doesn’t need instant braking? It’d be like when they removed the reloading perks from engines and released them in dedicated modules. :joy: :gun: For a mere $9.99, you’ll stop crashing into teammates, falling off cliffs and driving into minefields! :zombie: :dagger: :man_beard:

Used to be driving diagonally only required tapping one key to stop the vehicle. Now I need to press two. And hold. The general experience of driving the Omni also feels weird after the update, especially when executing complex manoeuvers - which is probably because the slow-down mechanic has been changed. And the speed still drops suddenly when changing directions, e.g., from 90 to 29 km/h. The better I want to be at Omni driving, the more buggy the experience.

Maybe they won’t increase power consumption for a number of movement parts just to sell more of this BP. :man_vampire:

Not a relic…

Excellent point.

Am I the only one who saw the picture of the Thyrsus before reading what it was and thought " Nice new Star Wars vehicle pack" :rofl:
But seriously it looks like it came from Star Wars or Terminator universes!

1 Like

great,more hover crap…isn’t it really what it’s for ?

3 Likes

All I see, is 3 blocks high, 4 blocks wide, can’t really be boxed in well. Yawn. It had better hit like this:

1 Like

May the Fourth be with you!

Yes, I presume it’s a gag, and I think MudnBeer’s right.

That’s what it looks like to me; a pass that revolves around hovers.

1 Like

This is how battlepasses go. If an item appears strong, everyone complains about power creep. If an item appears weak, everyone complains about filler.

This engine as a legendary Colossus has to have at least 10 percent more power than a Colossus right? So +power fused that’s 66 percent. In addition, It has a +power perk. This has to be at least 10 percent right? That means that the total of this thing is probably clocking in at 76 percent. That’s going to open a new horizon of build options, such as 4 extra hovers on every build. I thought the Devs were moving away from the tanky hover boats.

3 Likes

Seems like heavy vehicles in general will get a bit more love soon. The projectile changes may give an advantage to vehicles that can carry more heavy armour, and this engine should make heavy vehicles a lot less sluggish, while still carrying their full mass limit.

4 Likes

Well, it is literally a Dawn’s Children/Ravager-Floyd BP what do you expect?
But I think they took some inspiration from Star Wars but only with the rail gun and the cutter structure part too

1 Like