New season in Crossout. Part 1

Legendary engine: bearg
Hover engine: uuurg
Random legendary sniper with a necromancy perk of what the fuck: gnnnnbrk

Yeah hard pass, Targem. Go milk your hover players.
Also I gotta say, the visual design team is usually 10/10, but that railgun is… maybe its creator loves it? I don’t >.>

The new gun looks neat, and yay a legendary engine, but the yay is sarcastic. Yet another part to undo all the changes they made to many parts for whatever reason. I am sure it’ll make hovers more cancerous in general one way or the other.

I just wish that they won’t go the lighter route, even today I was excited to be able to finally get the 4th sleipnir so I can make builds with them, but surprise surprise looks like I am 2 levels short, and judging by the rate of leveling with daily challenges I’ll get it close to next weeks thursday. I know it’s designed to be this way so that people might just buy the crosscrowns for the two levels and play lots, but I instead decided to not play as much as I had planned today with all the new builds I was going to try with 4 sleipnir tracks, and did other things instead. But I am sure they’ll find one way or the other so we won’t get too many toys

I just hope that this weapon is different enough from the Kaiju in how it fires and behaves so it won’t just feel like a roundabout Kaiju 2.0

But I do like the idea of vehicle corpses playing a part in the perk or how it works, I wonder if we’ll get any other parts that do the same, like a cabin that gains some kind of a boost from hanging around enemy corpses. Possibly that self repair ability they tried out ages ago but never went anywhere with it? Could be a cool idea, a corpse eating cabin

1 Like

Come to think of it, I don’t use Colossus at all on hovers since the 2.0 hover changes. As grounds, Colossus is only +7 kph, and the cabs I like to use, Nova, Beholder and Hadron need a Cheetah to get near Icarus VII’s max speed of 95 kph. In addition, the Cheetah’s tonnage perk does much more for a hover than the power perk.

On my Autocannon builds, I use a Hot Red as the ACs take all my energy. On Hot Red hovers, you are constrained by tonnage of the build so these builds are fairly small.

The only place I use a Colossus is on my firedog and on one of my Porc Sleipnir builds. Blight and other small cabs will benefit greatly from an increase in mass limit from the new engine and extra power will be extremely helpful. In addition, wheels, especially Hermits have the tonnage to handle extra weight.

1 Like

They released this promo on May the Fourth (“Star Wars Day”), so ya, it’s probably safe to assume there’s some Star Wars influence.

The structure part they need, since this pass will be all about hovers, are solar panels, like on a TIE fighter (or whatever), so hovers can use them for spaced armor and be less of an eye-sore of floating crap. They’d look more like satellites or space stations…or TIE fighters. I’m sure Hover-Jockeys will enjoy the “Cutter” structure parts, and the extra-wide and durable Engine with hover-cut-outs to hide their cab behind.

Maybe they’ll introduce a paint that makes those canvas-roofs look like solar panels. That might be the better way to go. IDK. I know people on this forum have suggested the solar panels, and I think that’s a good idea, but maybe stickers and paint is a better way to go?

I hope this improves Crossout’s interpretation of Sc-fi. It’s needed some work, I think. I’ve always hated their version of pew-pew. It’s not that I don’t like Sci-fi (I do), I just don’t care for their version. The Ravagers have helped a lot (I like that), but OMG the hover-META is so hideous, and creates a flying-garbage universe that I’m not at all interested in. No sci-fi fantasy I ever had was whatever those abominations are. It does appear they are working on these aspects (including dialing back spaced armor). I applaud their effort. I hope it helps.

3 Likes

No mater what new armor looks like, it will not change this.

Flying garbage is more efficient.

they gonna make this season last a whole year ? :joy:

2 Likes

IMG_0271

2 Likes

was i the only one who thought this was 4 scorpions strapped to a armored mech? xD
honestly though i like how it looks and i am excited to see the new engine, however its the size thats gonna get me. this things supposed to be huge. i can imagine this pairing with the master cabin. if it gets low on health just restore its health. if your weapon gets to damaged restore its health. its basically a meat shield.

1 Like

yeah, the ‘pod’ in the center of the railgun ruins any chance it had at looking good

I use the Golden Eagle for various Sleipnir and Omni builds and it does serve as a great meat shield. Mine is -Mass +Power, but it still has 400 durability and it regularly survives extremely big hits. When I was running an Omni Blight build, the GE was often the only thing left of the back of my vehicle. An engine with even more hp has me excited for that. I run Colossus on my fire dog now and the new engine should provide across the board upgrades.

Here are a conservative estimate of stats for the new engine stats:

Weight Limit: +3000 kgs
+Power: 60 %
+Speed: 9%
Mass: 600kg
Durability: 500 hp
Perk: Reduces power drain of movement parts by 15 percent.

Fusion: -Mass (Now 500kg)

• Speed 10 Percent (Now 10 percent)

Such a beast would make my firedog go 110 with hover level acceleration and 400 extra kgs to fatten up with. If the engine is fused for -Mass, 500 extra kgs for the build. Now, with Colossus and Phobos, my firedog goes 107 kph with good acceleration. Colossus is not big or tanky enough to protect other modules. The new engine is and should make a very frightening firedog.

1 Like

Thyrsus looks like a Vulture droid with the Eta-5 cockpit.

I’m not sure what to think of the engine. I think it will just lead to more power creep.

What’s next, a relic generator that looks like an Astromech or a GNK droid?

2 Likes

One more thought on the new engine: If an engine gives you +75 percent power or something crazy, then this actually makes the game cheaper and more accessible to new players. They won’t have to fuse every last movement part, legendary cabin and engine for +power, they only will have to slap this engine on any old build and will be able to move like the pros do. Also, the engine will be $10, and will be undoubtedly available in many mini battlepasses hereafter.

Wouldn’t the whales also be able to get this movement part and become even more nimble?

It’s also a battle pass item. When the BP expires, it will make these engines more costly for players to obtain.

What if they do the same thing as the Athenia item?

1 Like

Not really, because all of our other stuff is power fused too.

2 Likes

Don’t forget going uphill on every ground movement part. Every, and I just tested legs. Despite what speedometer shows, the car is going very slow.

What is this cost bloating theme destroying garbage?

ravager parts… *begins frothing at the mouth. RAVAGER PAAAAAARTS!

1 Like

it does when snipers build “blinds” to snipe from.

Blinds? To what do you refer to good sir?

I think he is talking about using a corpse for cover

1 Like