New season in Crossout. Part 3

$10 every three months is a fair price to pay for a game though. If everyone refused to pay anything, the game would die out in a few months.

3 Likes

We are talking about 10$.

If you want to call that whales… then I’m really not sure what a whale is any more.

The value of money is different to everyone.
But I make $10 just taking a :poop: while I’m working.

1 Like

I don’t deny the deal. It’s just… what happens when the BP expires? Newer players will have to pay a very high amount in coins to obtain an item. Especially if it’s a very powerful engine. It will punish newer players for not having a very powerful item.

I prefer the older battle passes because they allowed players to craft an item whenever they had the resources to do so.

I understand, that this game needs money to survive. But it also needs a large thriving player base in order to keep people invested. Are whales gonna wanna play at a certain PS if the queue times are too long? Especially if the match only lasts for 5 min at most?

I imagine the game as a food chain with Minnows, Dophins, and Whales. Minnows have the highest quit rate, this game is a slog already, seal clubbers and meta chasers make the grind even more annoying. When there is a shortage of minnows, the dolphins will be the next to go, and then the whales will die off until there are only a few left.

I want this game to improve, but it seems like the game’s monetization system has gotten greedier.

I can easily afford 10 bucks, but I’m still voting with my wallet because I think the BPs have become unfair.

That’s the problem of the game industry. If a company becomes too big, they get crushed under their own weight.

But thinking about certain companies in pitying way is wrong. It’s their own fault of making a bad videogame.

1 Like

I’m going to agree with everything you said.

But, you are only punishing yourself. The BPs are so cheep that even the guys that don’t make anything are going to buy them.

You are 100% correct that BPs keep dividing the “Haves” and the “Have Nots”. No one can argue that point. But the whole “I’m going to vote with my wallet” thing will never work since even dudes that makes minimum wage can afford $10 and they are all going to slap down that dough when this BP drops.

If it was spending hundreds or thousands on coin packs… then I’m with you, that’s a whale. $10 bucks here and there is just supporting a game you love.

1 Like

This is where I disagree. Back in the day, vets held a lockdown on key items and overcharged for them. This punished new players who didn’t have the blueprints.

Apollo: Level 15 Nomads+level 15 Dawn’s children. Cheap to make, sold for a fortune.
Bigram legs: Only in original Founders BP I’ve sold a million of these.
Beholder and Hermit: Only in Amusement Park BP. I’ve sold a million of these.
Nova: Only in Legendary Cars BP. I’ve sold a million of these.
Yaoguai and Omni: Only in Syndicate BP. I’ve sold a million of these.

I’ve bought multiple relics from having blueprints that no one else had.

These key items kept new players down in the game. Now they don’t because the developers have made them cheap.
In this case, even if the event ends, they will offer the engine in 6 months in some remedial $10 battlepass. Then it will be cheap and the market will be flooded with it.

It used to be that vets punished new players and took all their coins. Now Devs catch new players up for $10 now and again.

I dont understand why some of you dont understand the new melee weapon. Get behind them, it fans out 2 to 3 times wider and becomes 2 or 3 weaker (but stronger collectively) melees in one, contacting multiple parts at the same time. Put two of these on here, and youre hitting 4 to 6 different parts simultaneously. I forsee people cutting hovers in hlaf as poony alluded to.

Also, these will give the rift a purpose. Hide the small blades on entry behind a Gessan, pop the rift and cut away. 340 damage negated on the run up to get to the enemy.

I think this is gonna be a Griffon cab special hover hunter in the works. Potentially low enough energy to run dual flashes to really slow down your target.

3 Likes

so it takes you an hour to :poop:
you should see a doctor :rofl:

but for real…when it comes to video games …a whale is anyone that spends any amount of real money on it in game.
i think the term whale is just an expression to make paying players look bad,but whales r cool.maybe call them?
call them what?..let’s make a list shall we? :crazy_face:

I’ve endured worse. If I really want to to obtain a fused engine, I’ll find a way.

By myself, I am insignificant. But, if a large amount of people decide to not buy the BP, maybe the Devs will listen.
I can’t control what other people do with there money. I can only post on the internet.

I’m all for it. I just wish the BP weren’t so punishing so more players could spend money, have fun, encourage their friends to play so this game has a thriving player base.

1 Like

They’ll make another bunch of miniBP with no new rewards :+1:

2 Likes

Well, this seems to be the new standard, and it’s kind of :poop: to be honest.

But I don’t see those going away anytime soon.

2 Likes

I get you man, and I wish I could change what they are doing.

But their is no way that enough people are not going to buy this BP.

It’s basically a wasted vote.

I think I’m in the “If you can’t beat’em then join’em group” and sadly it is the largest group.

1 Like

When I started playing, so many of the best items could only be obtained through buying a pack, or getting it on the market for a grossly inflated cost.
Some pack only items are still more than twice what a similar craftable item goes for.
In comparison, the BPs don’t seem like they’re really targeting whales as much as budget conscious casual players.

3 Likes

Man, I know this is mean to say. First of all the waltz is one of the most disappointing weapons of all he legendarys. Who wants a weapon that doesn’t shoot straight? It really doesn’t deserve a relic counterpart with how new it is to the game. This weapon having to add heat is just beyond saddening as well. Not only is the model literally a waltz ck from the pass where the harpy got one but, it’s taking place of what could’ve been a much long awaited cricket relic. This being said why doesn’t a new relic implement a new game mechanic like acid or oil or something that isn’t fire. This is literally as sad a model as the scorpion ck with the reverse 12 on the 1 side of it just take the number off it if you are going to be too lazy to reverse the side of it. Please the relic rocket launcher deserves better treatment than crapping out 3 random types of munitions.

1 Like

Keep in mind that this one doesn’t shoot in a spiral pattern, and the sequence of rockets sounds like it should plow through a spaced armour hover.
Anyway, Waltz is way better than most people think, even with that weird spiral pattern.

It’s the fact that it’s been in the game less than a year and has become the deciding model and energy score for the weapon. Rockets are fun spam weapons not something that has 3 rockets in a volley with some weird reload.? Where are the helicopter rocket pods ya know? I’m just saying this is very poorly done by the looks of it. This could’ve as easily been a pack style weapon as well. Which would have no reload and would just spam the missles till it was out of them. It could also apply some other kind of debuff that isn’t in the game some kind of concuss acid oil anything. This weapon looks so sad.

1 Like

Don’t we need a legendary one first?

I would have been happier with that.

5 Likes

Everybody since 2017: “GIVE LEGENDARY CRICKETS”
Targem :“Hey how about some legendary and relic spinny rocket bois?”

Our suffering will never stop :pensive:

Now… GIVE LEGENDARY SNOWFALLS!

2 Likes

We just get a waltzified cricket that adds heat -_- nothing super special here. Make weapon relic add heat so sad. Also btw I’m going to break the part I just heated off as well.

I’m sick of all the heat weapons to be honest.

I don’t think we need anymore.

1 Like