Non-BP and non-pack content when?

Red Light was a PVP mode. It played like a round of infection.

That was one of my favorite modes.

You don’t have to have badges to get stuff. Sell all the scrap you win for gold in pvp and buy stuff after it adds up.

Subscribe for a few bucks and boost this with more resources to sell and +40 gold a day on top.

This is how i earn in the game and its just a bonus to me that gathers up in the background every day i play.

I really am gonna get that discounted yearly subscribtion at the end of year this time. Well worth it.

Still, i know its frustrating with having things just change…it can really suck but i still enjoy the combat so i try to roll with the changes the best i can.

Are you talking about a game that has survived this long instead of one that has quit sucking? So that one of the most famous Russian games War Thunder has a good business model? Don’t forget how it was spammed by a large number of players - don’t ignore the facts

I was talking about XO, not WT. I never even touched the latter.

But let us take a look at games with successful business model. And some real success.

GTA V. Between $9000000000 and $10000000000 is earned by it for Cokkstar (Take-Two). No, it’s not a typo.

Minecraft. Its popularity speaks for itself.

Diablo. D3 was a commercial success, although somewhat of a game.

WoW. Even with subscription service it was a huge success.

The list goes on and on.

What was spammed? The game was spammed? How exactly the process of spam took place? Did you mean “review bombed” or “DDOSed”? That has nothing to do with any business model and content.

Yes, to give an example of a Russian game

Poor reviews on steam

What does the nation have to do with the game itself? Are you trying to turn it into a political debate for some reason?..

The origin of the game doesn’t matter. The quality of the game is what matters.

1 Like

You take the most successful of the games and use it as an example, then say how bad one of the other games is

I didn’t say politics, you understand the concept of domestic rankings, right?

Well… yes. That’s what I did. I said that XO has a bad business model and I gave examples of successful games.

Again, what does this have to do with business model and content of a videogame?

Where’s the most?You just said it was one of the worst.

And, according to you, I can say that any game that has a worse business model than the game in your example says it’s bad.Then I’m afraid there aren’t many games that don’t have a bad business model

One does not nullify the other. It can be described as both “bad” and “one of the worst”.

No, I never said that. You can say what you want, but don’t use my words to justify your own words.

But, it is true that some game owners use a better business model that the others. What of it? It’s the reality. Some people do better choices. Some people perform better than the others.

You’re trying to make it look like a bad thing or what?

I won’t say it again,notice what I said.

Have it your way.

What does survivability have to do with business model and content? Any media product can survive indefinite amount of time if constantly injected with cash and ads (and/or use cashgrab). That does not make the product itself any better.

If a product doesn’t make money, it won’t survive for long

Loss leader. Someone here used this expression. In the case of Gaijin it means “if they just close XO they’ll lose reputation and other players who come for XO but stay for WT/enlisted and other crap may leave/not come here”.

But I don’t know for sure. I just have… what? The numbers of their reports on revenues? The confessions (not confirmed, though) of their former employees? The vast number of suggestion on “How To Make XO Great”? Videogame success which I presented to you above?

What do you have? What do you know? What’s you evidence? What are your words based on?

Yes, they will. Gaijin owns the game. Gaijin puts ads for the game. Maybe. I dunno. I haven’t seen XO in any advertisement in a while.

As for XO’s life, well. It’s on a life support. It doesn’t even have its own servers. They use WT or SC servers. This is why it’s so bad right after updates and… occasionally (recent error 18: calypso, for instance).

1 Like

Oh… what mode I’m I thinking of then? The one with the large map and the eyes? It had like 3 boss monsters?

The first year they had it we got the hover car as a reward for our garage.

We have waaaay more players then the first 4 years and they have monetized the game better over the years, it is far from on life support. I would say it even has some new life in it.

We never had our own servers. So nothing new.

P.S. the Xbox servers are pretty flawless. (US east coast)

I loved how immersive that event was. I’m looking forward to what they are doing with Ravagers in Adventure mode, if anything. I know there is (or was) a Ravager boss lurking about in there that was new, and I’d love to see that place infected and spawning ravagers. That’s good sci-fi, IMO. I want more of that. I think they’d make a great primary antagonist (in PVE) for this game, and the ambiance they bring with them (the creepy whispers and bio-mechanical monster theme) drags me right into their universe. Awesome sci-fi/horror.

3 Likes

Only in Vegas lol while my kids were in the Arcade with my wife. I mainly played SF, SF2, MK, MK2 when I was younger in the arcades. A quarter lasted forever as long as there were challengers.

Was it Operation Gozu with the stealth mode?