Omni and atoms needed at least little buff for traction with surface

Its just like…

Its like devs making hover cost 1 energy, or devs making porc acting like king…

Uh, so what should we do so omni and atoms get fix

Idk, sweat our asses off playing wheels hoping the devs nerf epic wheels and buff other movement parts to compete with wheel meta.

I asked, but he doesn’t seem to know at all how omnis and atomss are feeling right now. He says they have a normal grip

Normal grip…

Yeah ok, omni and atoms is ruined… looks like they is somewhat good only in 7k–10k. In raids you use tengu over omni

At this point they will not get any buff I believe

They not getting any buff, if most of the players say “eh they are good”

Good where??? In 7k ps with spectures? In 9k ps with raijin??? Its epic movement, it SHOULD be playable in 13k ps or more…

I dunno, I see a lot of them in CC, and people seem to be doing really well with them.
I think the reason you don’t see as many in high PS is because when you are running more than six the power drain is too high, and they feel too sluggish.

you need to keep in mind that atoms are a magnetic field based movement part. they use magnetic fields to move in different directions. i dont know if they would be incredibly difficult to move at bigger sizes but if you can move two magnets easily near one another then i believe it wont be that much different in bigger sizes. it makes sense that other cars can move them because they dont have traction like a wheel does. think about it, your using a magnetic field instead of things like brakes that actually grip the wheel. it explains why using the brakes, or rather L1 on console, doesnt work because magnets dont have brakes. it would make alot more sense that atoms dont have that much grip either, they are just a metal ball thats magnetized. i dont like how they roll either and they are quite slippery but i still think they are a neat part.

1 Like

I use mine above that. Given I did upgrade mine when they were really cheap for reduced power cost. I generally don’t have much of a complaint about using them.

1 Like

I forgot that I fused a bunch too. They were so cheap for the longest time, and I took advantage of one of the fusion events.
Probably makes a big difference.

Which reminds me, I should probably start stockpiling some other movement parts that would benefit from fusing. In particular, I want to fuse some augers, and hopefully get reduced power drain.

I’d probably wait it out till I see an event with them offering it.

1 Like

Yeah, that was my plan. I don’t like the gambling aspect of fusing, so I only do it when an event makes it cheap.

1 Like

Yes, the lack of grip in some sense can be justified physically, but we are talking about an online game where balance plays a very significant role. But NO SINGLE CHARACTERISTIC of Atoms compensates for the lack of grip. Even the shield almost never plays a role

i disagree with that. i find my atoms abdorb alot more damage then i thought they would. tank a few shots, land and recharge. they work well on coptors.

1 Like

A smart player usually does not shoot at shields when there is an opportunity to hit weapons or hardware

Which is why you use your Atoms to protect your vulnerable bits.

you try spotting and hitting a weapon from the ground on an air based unit and tell me how that works out for you. helis are bullshit. still you can tilt your coptor for their shots to hit your atoms instead of your weapons. if your build is slim enough itll just hit the atoms and you can even use them to protect your build in different ways. the shields are useful for absorbing cannon fire to.

Cool, atoms are useful in a mode that is less popular than regular PvP, PvE and maybe even CW

There’s no reason you can’t use Atoms to protect yourself in any mode.
You can hide a lot of stuff behind them.

If anything, they’re more useful on strictly ground builds.

In any mode any other moving part (except omni) will be more efficient than Atoms. In addition, a small shield that slightly covers the bottom does not compensate for the disadvantages of Atoms